• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove @ Hawks Training Camp

AnnArborHawk

Josh Smith is just horsing around and looks completely disinterested in what the coaches were telling him. He was actually yawning while Mark Price was working with the starters (they were just started to profile him, had the camera zoomed in on him, and big ole yawn). Oh yeah, and while he's been horsing around, he's been shooting long-range jumpers.

No wonder it takes this kid the first quarter of the season to get his stuff together.

• Like 2

All the Hawks were at Zoo Atlanta this past Sunday to do a NBA Cares thing and I got to hang out because my wife works there. Each person got assigned 2 Hawks

and we got Al and Marvin. All I can say is Smoove looked like he was so uninterested in anything. He just looks like a jerk. I said hello to him when he came into the

meeting room and just ignored me and kept staring staright ahead. On the other hand, Al and Marvin were great, as was Joe and Crawford. I'll try and post some pics

soon.

All the Hawks were at Zoo Atlanta this past Sunday to do a NBA Cares thing and I got to hang out because my wife works there. Each person got assigned 2 Hawks

and we got Al and Marvin. All I can say is Smoove looked like he was so uninterested in anything. He just looks like a jerk. I said hello to him when he came into the

meeting room and just ignored me and kept staring staright ahead. On the other hand, Al and Marvin were great, as was Joe and Crawford. I'll try and post some pics

soon.

Cool stuff ! Did you get to walk around the whole zoo or a certain exhibit with Al and Marvin ? Did you have some "inside help" getting paired with Horford ?.........(you being a long time Gator fan and all.)

I wonder what other player was paired up with Smoove ? Hopefully they were more cheerful then he was.

Look foward to seeing the pics.

Some thoughts from watching the broadcast.

-Josh still jacks up long range shots......and misses

-Mario still can't shoot but seems much better at finishing around the rim

-Othello was a beast around the basket in that scrimmage

-Siler fouled on every defensive possession and was laboring throughout the entire session

-Collins runs far slower than I ever remember

-Sims was springier and faster than I remember but clearly his deficiency in strength is still a problem. Mike Woodson on a possession where Smoove yanked the ball out of his hands "Get in the weight room Courtney"

-Dixon couldn't buy a bucket

-Wilks controlled the tempo when he was in

-Crawful still enjoys dribble dribble dribble shoot contested J

-RandMo was actually making a case for playing time

-Marvin was going through the motions

-Horf is still mechanical in the post

-Teague needs to stay away from Crawful

-Bibby's laugh is annoying

-Joe drew a triple team in a scrimmage

-Zaza and Joe S are very chummy

• Like 1

oh please shut up lol, I knew somebody would have something to say.. No one on the court was really doing anything not just Smoove.. But of course since you're a hater that's who u single out..

It's an unbiased assessment. Smith doesn't seem to be applying himself the same way the other guys are. I'm sorry if I took a shot at your boy, but based on what I saw in the early part of the session, it was warranted.

-Siler fouled on every defensive possession and was laboring throughout the entire session

-Sims was springier and faster than I remember but clearly his deficiency in strength is still a problem. Mike Woodson on a possession where Smoove yanked the ball out of his hands "Get in the weight room Courtney"

Thanks for the summary. I didn't get to see it. You know Za and Joe S played together in Mil.?

Wilkes may be the number three pg of choice for the very reason you mentioned.

Thanks for the summary. I didn't get to see it. You know Za and Joe S played together in Mil.?

Wilkes may be the number three pg of choice for the very reason you mentioned.

They must have been very close in that one season. They looked like old close friends joking through the early drills and stretches, Zaza even visited Joe for a quick convo in between sprints while Joe was receiving treatment on the training table.

Wilkes just looked steady, no flash, didn't force anything just calmly directed the offense. He could get signed on poise alone.

I'm not surprised by this assessment, or any other on this thread questioning what Woodson does as a coach. Granted, this is the first "live-look in" I've seen in a NBA training camp, so I don't know what happens around the league. But, there was a lot of stuff going on...media, cameras, etc. Things that would draw the attention away from the players' instruction (and their practice facility seems awful small considering how many people were crammed in that place, IMO). We're three weeks away from the start of the season, and not much is going to change on the court. Smoove chucking up jumpers, Craws being the 1 on 1 guy...it's not going to stop. Our steady improvement the last 5 years is strictly based on talent, guys maturing with each other, and learning how to play together from experience - tendencies, habits. Crawford is going to be the same player, good or bad. But to think that we're going to see a different product on the court, I highly doubt it. If we continue to improve and challenge the EC, it's because of the players Sund has kept, and the players he's added. Still....Go Hawks!!

soon.

That's surprising. My brother has met Smith on plenty of occasions and has nothing but positive things to say about him. He's taken a pic with him and gotten his signature. He had good things to say about the other guys as well.

Edited by AtLaS

That's surprising. My brother has met Smith on plenty of occasions and has nothing but positive things to say about him. He's taken a pic with him and gotten his signature. He had good things to say about the other guys as well.

Yeah, I had a buddy that worked at a store that Smith came into and he said Smith was really cool, talked to him for a minute in the check out line. Had another friend who met Joe and said that Joe seemed like a nice enough guy but he just kinda wanted to go about his day and not deal with people bugging him... which is fair enough.

Anyone that expects a "different" Smoove this year is just kidding themselves. Best we can hope for is that he

improves on last year's stats.

He will still..........

1) Take bad jumpshots when he's left open

2) Cry about being fouled when he drives the hoop ( he did it on the televised practice!)

3) Complain to the referees

4) loose the ball when he tries to handle it too much on the break

5) look disinterested on defense unless its a weak side block

Check this list 10 games into the season and tell me I'm wrong.