• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on tonights game

JJFAN4LF

1. Teague is way better than Acie judging by this game. He missed a couple wide open jumpshots and he seemed to struggle during the 1st half but I think once the second half started, every time he would drive the ball, he would either get fouled or make the basket....or sometimes both! He showed he can make the free throws too.

2. Teague's point guard skills isn't anything impressive. I can only remember 2-3 passes he had that were WOW! But his court vision is just sub-par. Teague's defense is average. He would put in the effort on defense but Paul would still cross him up or pass him. But then again....there aren't too many players that can stay in front of CP3.

3. Bibby still can't stay in front of Paul.

4. Josh Smith didn't shoot a lot of 3's but he did shoot a couple of mid range shots in the 1st quarter. His midrange game seems to have gotten slightly better.

5. Josh Smith was focused on blocking shots or altering them, took a couple charges, deflect some passes for a steal, and he went for the loose balls. If we get the kind of effort he gave tonight on the defensive end, it would really bode well for us.

6. Marvin didn't have any particular play that stood out for me. But I can say that his 3 point shot did get more accurate. He wasn't missing during pregame shootaround. Also, Marvin did hustle a lot on the defensive end and had a couple good steals and a couple hustle rebounds.

7. Zaza drew contact every time he had the chance, whether it be on the offensive end or defensive end.

8. I don't see how we can take Mario West off the team. The guy is a straight up hustler and plays the game with so much intensity. Every time a shot would go up, he'll try to go for a rebound. He would outjump the big man on the Hornets team. I swear if he gets as much minutes than our big man, he would outrebound them all. His offensive game still needs work, but he did have a nice drive and lay in.

9. Joe was on scoring status. I love Joe at the start of the season since he's all fresh and can score at will. Hopefully Woodson can just decrease his minutes this season. Joe was taking shots that Kobe would take and he would make it. His crossover was deadly tonight.

10. Crawford did two things. Either dribble dribble, call for a pick and take a jumpshot or drive the ball and dish it. He seemed predictable today, it wasn't what I was expecting from him at all. I think all of the field goals he took were all jumpshots.

11. Crawford's defense was better than what I've heard. He didn't seem lazy on defense to me whatsoever. He had a good defensive stance and would try to stay in front of his man at all times.

12. Othello showed far more flashes than Siler did. But then again, Siler didn't see minutes until around 6 minutes left in 4th quarter. But Othello can really run and he seems really mobile. Siler on the other hand seems way too slow for the offense we were playing tonight. Siler loves to play in the post, maybe a little too much because he got called for an offensive 3 I think the first possession he got in. Hunter I think is a better rebounder, I didn't see Siler box out anyone during his play.

That was just a couple of thoughts of mine from the Hornets game. It was fun to watch. Smoove, West, JJ, and Teague really put on a show tonight. If you guys want to ask a question about something I didn't mention, feel free to do it. I just didn't want to post too many thoughts of mine.

I tried posting a huge recap of the game, but it didn't show up...

If anyone has any questions regarding any of the players I'd love to give my two cents.

Seems like Teague is the real deal... Has body control far beyond what Acie ever had... And boy can he finish in the lane!

I'll try to give a recap if this post comes through.. Anyway, ask away if you have any questions.

Minutes rationed perfectly for Hawks in openerBy Sekou Smith

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Mike Woodson stuck to his minutes plan in the Hawks' preseason home opener Wednesday night, a 108-102 win over New Orleans at Philips Arena.

.Woodson said before the game that he wouldn’t work his starters more than 20 minutes or so. He nailed it on everyone but Josh Smith, who played 21 minutes.

"There's so much you try to get done in the course of training camp," Woodson said. "There's just no need to burn these guys right now. They'll all get a chance to get the minutes they need at some point between now and the end of the exhibition season."

Joe Johnson made the most of his minutes, scoring 17 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Smith added 14 and seven rebounds in his time, while Al Horford added 11 points in his 18 minutes, Marvin Williams had nine points in his 19 minutes and Mike Bibby three points and four assists in his 17 minutes.

"We're going to be smart about the preseason and make sure we get all our guys the work they need," Woodson said. "It's a long season. And we have to make sure these guys take care of their bodies and that we keep their minutes exactly where they need to be in order to be ready for whatever we face throughout the course of the season."

Crawford rests in second half

A strained left calf limited Jamal Crawford to just nine minutes of action, all in the first half, in his Hawks' debut.

Jeff Teague missed all four of his shot attempts from the floor but had two rebounds and two assists. He would have had at least two more assists if his teammates had finished with baskets on a couple of slick passes.

Sitting out

Hawks veterans Mo Evans (knee), Joe Smith (knee) and Jason Collins (out of shape) were all in suits for Wednesday's game. Woodson said they were held out of action strictly for precautionary reasons.

Snap offs

Rookie center Garret Siler must have forgotten his warmup pants were snap offs. Because when Woodson ordered him into the game late in the fourth quarter, the 7-footer yanked his pants down all the way over his shoes.

Did anyone notice Marvin's dribbling..I think it was around 2nd qtr where the play stopped cause of a foul or timeout..and Marvin dribbled the ball between his legs crossing over from one leg to another while running down the court with ease. It was like an And1 player dribbling. His ball handling skills really improved

I found it interesting that Juan Dixon didn't get any PT. I wonder if that means he is not being considered for the team.

Not a good sign for Dixon.

With the way West and Teague were playing I guess it was hard to take them out..........even in preseason.

I would rather Teague get plenty of playing time then see Dixon, at 31, run the point.

good info on the hawks, but what about the hornets?

were the hawks playing compitent compitition from n.o? were their starters out there for about the same time, or more, or less? basically, were we playing thier scrubs trying to make the team, or some actual rostered players?