• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove is our assists leader!

JackB1

He is also our leader in taking dumb long range jump shots. However, at least he is giving the ball up more. I used to get sick of seeing him running the ball up on a fast break = instant turnover. Now it seems like he is more willing to give the ball up and not risk a turnover or barreling into someone for an offensive foul.

Josh is the leader in assists?!... Wierd... You'll also notice that our assists are spread out amongst a number of players... Willl be interesting to see if this trend continues.

Josh Smith 4.8

Joe Johnson 4.6

Mike Bibby 4.0

Jamal Crawford 3.4

Jeff Teague 2.5

Al Horford 1.2

Marvin Williams .4

Zaza Pachulia .4

Joe Smith .4

Marice Evans .2

Edited by ATLSmith

Again this is why Josh is my favorite player he has all the talent in the world and is unselfish. I remember seeing Smoove on the bench in a game where Al Harrington was in the game. Smoove was saying to one of his teammates how selfish Harrington was with the ball I think he said "dude don't pass the ball". I'm glad he shows he is just the opposite and once he polishes all of his skills and mental knowledge of the game watch out!!

• Premium Member

Again this is why Josh is my favorite player he has all the talent in the world and is unselfish. I remember seeing Smoove on the bench in a game where Al Harrington was in the game. Smoove was saying to one of his teammates how selfish Harrington was with the ball I think he said "dude don't pass the ball". I'm glad he shows he is just the opposite and once he polishes all of his skills and mental knowledge of the game watch out!!

This is his 6th year in the league, so I think you'll be waiting a long time if you're waiting for Josh's awareness and decisionmaking to catch up with his physical tools (which is hardly a huge insult considering that his physical tools are elite-level). His strengths and weaknesses today are the same as they were 2 years ago - great help D, mediocre on-ball D (how many times did he let Thompson shoot without even putting a hand up last night? I counted at least 4); flashes of great court vision, but also makes some terrible decisions with the ball; streaky free throw shooter (to be kind); still takes too many long jumpers (not realizing that the only reason he's wide open out there is that opposing teams WANT him to take those shots); makes some great dunks in transition, but also tries to run the point in transition with bad results too much; lots of explosiveness, little fluidity; etc, etc, etc.

Just like waiting for Marvin to be more aggressive, waiting for Josh to be consistent is probably going to be an infinitely long wait. Unless, of course, a new coach could cure or mask their shortcomings.

Edited by niremetal

How weird is that? :) I think he is averaging 5 per game.

Also, Horford has learned how to block and is 3rd in the NBA at this point in blocks!

The most intriguing number for me is that Teague is averaging something like 11.5 assist/ 100 possessions. Teague will a force to be reckon with in the future. I don't think his assist number will tail off that much once he gets more minutes.

The most intriguing number for me is that Teague is averaging something like 11.5 assist/ 100 possessions. Teague will a force to be reckon with in the future. I don't think his assist number will tail off that much once he gets more minutes.

yea but until then. smoove is our assists leader, is sad isn't it?

Josh is the leader in assists?!... Wierd... You'll also notice that our assists are spread out amongst a number of players... Willl be interesting to see if this trend continues.

Josh Smith 4.8

Joe Johnson 4.6

Mike Bibby 4.0

Jamal Crawford 3.4

Jeff Teague 2.5

Al Horford 1.2

Marvin Williams .4

Zaza Pachulia .4

Joe Smith .4

Marice Evans .2

I like this too. Shows we are trying to move the ball. As far as a great determiner for a good distributing PG, who does not have to carry the offensive load, look at assist to fga ratio. Teague is by far the better so far. But it is a very small sample size to say the least.