• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UGA

Wurider05

Look at GA Tech and Look and Alabama. Both have coaches that came in after Richt and they have accomplished more. Why does he get a pass??

There is already a thread on this. No need to start a new threat. First Paul Johnson has not accomplised anything close to what Mark Richt has. Open you eyes and you will see.

Here is my personal response from the 2 other threads:

Tebow's Gators had a 4 loss season his first year as a starter.........and they had a terrible defense then, just like we do now.

It is TOUGH to win big as a 1st year starter in the SEC................even for "the greatest college football player of all time."

I want a more aggressive defensive coordinator but I am more then willing to stick with Richt to see what he can do with those highly touted QBs he hand picked in Murray and Mettenburge. Murray can run and throw the ball which should keep defenses off balance more next season.

The future is bright for these Dawgs. People who really follow the program knew this was going to be tough season.

Now IF Richt refuses to make changes to the staff (AKA Willie Martinez)...............then I would not be opposed to bringing Smart in from Alabama to be the head coach.

For the record I do not think Richt will be that stubborn.

1. UGA has the 6th best record in all of college football over the last 10 seasons. (The highest of any SEC school !!!).

http://bleacherrepor...10-years/page/2

2. What UGA has done under Mark Richt:

2001 / 8 W - 4 L / final ranking #22 (David Green playing as feshman)

2002 / 13 W - 1 L / final ranking #3 /*** SEC Champs / BCS Bowl

2003 / 11 W - 3 L / final ranking #6 /**SEC East Champs

2004 / 10 W - 2 L / final ranking #6

2005 / 10 W - 3 L / final ranking #10 /*** SEC Champs / BCS Bowl

2006/ 9 W - 4 L / final ranking #23 (Stafford started as a true freshman)

2007 / 11 W - 2 L / final ranking #2 /** SEC East Champs / BCS Bowl

2008 / 10 W - 3 L / final ranking #10

3. That is 5 top 10 finishes in the last 6 years ! How is that a failure to produce ?

4. In 8 years at UGA, Mark Richt has won the SEC twice and the has won the SEC East 4 times at a 50% rate. How is that a failure to produce ?

5. Only twice has Richt lost 4 games........both times he had a freshman QB starting.

We forget that in 2007 Florida had a 9 W - 4 L year with the great Tim Tebow starting as a soph. Every program has an off year here and there. Even Florida.

Edited by coachx

Look at GA Tech and Look and Alabama. Both have coaches that came in after Richt and they have accomplished more. Why does he get a pass??

What has Paul Johnson done that makes him more accomplished than Richt?

I'm not even sure Saban has accomplished more at bama. Two SEC West Titles isn't anything to really brag about. If they win the BCS then maybe, but they haven't yet. At least Richt has a SEc Championship, which Saban doesn't have at Bama.

Didn't Richt's Bulldogs win a BCS game against Hawaii?

Yes they beat undefeated Hawaii in the 07 season / 08 Sugar bowl.

UGA also beat ACC Champs FSU in 02 season / 03 Sugar Bowl.

Richt, at UGA, is 2 - 1 in BCS Bowls with the 1 loss being a close one to West Virginia. Pat White was spectacular that game.

• Moderators

If you actually think thats gonna happen your crazy. No way this happens. Last year was a fluke.

I think Tech is the favorite for this one. UGA is mediocre this season and has a huge problem at DC. We won't be prepared for Tech's offense and will get run on if Martinez pulls his usual performance.

I think Tech is the favorite for this one. UGA is mediocre this season and has a huge problem at DC. We won't be prepared for Tech's offense and will get run on if Martinez pulls his usual performance.

Tech is definately the favored. They are also coming off a bye week so they should be the fresher team.

UGA will have their hands full vs. UK this Sat. UK almost beat us last year with Moreno and Stafford. They do have a running QB that can help get us ready for GT. Hopefully they take care of business vs. UK. That could get them into the Outback or Peach bowl (2 of the better non BCS bowls that have good pay outs $$$). If UGA loses that UK game they would be back in one of those cold Bowls that Tech is so used to playing in.

Its crazy how UGA shut Tech down through the 1st half last year. Its like they thought the game was over at half time based on the putrid 2nd half performance. Safe to say they will be playing all 4 quarters this year but that may not be enough. I am anxious to see the point spread. If they give a Tech a 10 point favorite I'm throwning a few bucks on the game.

Actually if UGA goes 1-1 in these last games, I can see them ending up in either Nashville or Atlanta for a bowl game.

Florida and Bama will make BCS bowls.

Capital One gets the next pick so they take LSU.

Cotton gets pick from West, they take Ole Miss

Outback gets one from the East...

Now more than likely the East will be this for the rest of them:

Tenn- 7-5

UGA- 7-5

SC- 7-5 (if they beat clemson)

I'm not sure if the outback would take UGA over Tenn. I think Kiffin's name recognition would be better than the piss poor uga team.

So that leaves the Chick-fil-a bowl, and they could with uga or go with auburn.

• Moderators

Something has to change....as in the DC in Martinez...but not Richt...

Agreed. We went against a team with two playmakers on the offense and almost no passing game. No exotic schemes or other major adjustments. I am definitely a Richt backer but he could start to lose me if Martinez isn't fired this offseason. The pattern with this defense is clear.

The offense and special teams didn't help the defense this past came. Cox threw an int and gave them a short field. And our kickoff team was horrible. Yes you want to keep it out of Cobbs hands, but if they are getting to the 40 anyway, take your chance with him.

But the defense did look bad. Everyone looked bad.

Hopefully Murray will be great next year. Green+Charles+Ealey+Murray=solid

This 2nd half was even worse then the 2nd half vs. Tech last year..........and I thought that was impossible to do.

A.) Fumbled kickoff to start the 2nd half

B.) 2 interceptions on crucial drives in the 4th quarter

C.) 3rd down and goal at the half yard line and we mess up the hand off to the RB. It appeard Cox turned around to hand it to Ealey but Ealey ran wide in aticipation of a toss sweep. Cox improvised and tried to pitch it out at the last second but turned it over.

D.) Non existent defense

Sloppy, sloppy football on all 3 aspects of the game: offense, defense, and special teams.

Simply an embarrasing 2nd half.

At least my grandfather an law, who is in his very last days at a retirement home, got to see his Wildcats beat UGA for the first time since 1977 in Athens. He went to UK and even played basketball under Coach Rupp. He was over at my house for the weekend and was like a 7 year old on Christmas morning all day Sunday.

I hope UK beats UT in Lexington this weekend.