• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks post over at WoW blog

Hatertots

Today's post over at David Berri's Wages of Wins blog is about our surprising 2009 Atlanta Hawks, especially young Mr. Smith.

My link

My favorite part:

If Josh Smith was this productive in 2008-09, only Chris Paul and LeBron James would have produced more wins. That is how good Josh Smith is playing.
Edited by Dolfan23
Fixed link

The so called depth hasn't really been there. Without Josh Smith in the first 10 games the Hawks struggle a lot more.

thats not accurate. Depth is not the bench stepping in every night and playing perfect because that would make for one of the greatest teams in the history of sports .

Good depth is not judged by the unit as a whole but on the ability of each of the players on the bench to contribute consistently when called upon . If you look at all the great benches in the history of the league you had the one or two mainstay off the bench and then 2-3 other guys who can come up big at various times. I remember when the Celts had Big Baby,Powe,Cassell,Posey,House and they didnt get great play from those guys as a unit everynight . They all stepped up at various times off the bench though and thats what made them great . Someone would step up and make a play .

thats not accurate. Depth is not the bench stepping in every night and playing perfect because that would make for one of the greatest teams in the history of sports .

Good depth is not judged by the unit as a whole but on the ability of each of the players on the bench to contribute consistently when called upon . If you look at all the great benches in the history of the league you had the one or two mainstay off the bench and then 2-3 other guys who can come up big at various times. I remember when the Celts had Big Baby,Powe,Cassell,Posey,House and they didnt get great play from those guys as a unit everynight . They all stepped up at various times off the bench though and thats what made them great . Someone would step up and make a play .

Joe Smith has done nearly nothing. Jamal and ZaZa have been the only bench players to really contribute the last 5 games. Mo disappeared.

What a stat geek. I don't get into this kind of writing at all. His formula didn't predict success for us, oh well.

These are the kind of people who buy white cars because statistically they get into less wrecks, or measure their food before they eat it.

I agree! I mean, this dude is crackin' some numbers and that's fine too... but you obviously have to be blind not to wittness our Hawks transforming from boys to men, and basically that's something we all knew this team needed for making that step forward and realizing huge upside! That's the whole deal folks! That's where our success comes from... and give credit to our ownership, management, coaching staff for being patient and sticking with the plan! That is very hard to do in the NBA these days, because everybody wants instant success!

Stats are just an obvious result that any fool can read and break! What's important is what's behind it... A team of strong individuals, playing with the purpose, having chemistry on and off the court, and also havin' fun, what else... this is the game and our boys, sorry, men, have it!!!