• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like Teague is going to get a lot of playing time afterall

Robdawg

Tell the kid to play some defense. Steal a ball and take it the length of the court for a lay-up. Make life tough for the opposing PG. Since he can jump, swoop in and get a few rebounds.

Do SOMETHING.

I want to see him positivelty affect a game in those 4 - 7 minutes he plays in the 1st half. And yes, players can come in and immeadiately impact a game. If he can't make a lay-up, at least do his best Mario West impression.

He averages .6 steals in 9 minutes. That's 2.4 steals per 36. he averages 7 assists per 36.

Did you expect him to make 2 steals and 7 assists in 9 minutes? The Hawks were +6 while he was on the floor. it isn't like he was killing them. He got as many assists in 5 minutes as Crawford did in 39.

Teague isnt the one who got lit up by Collison and Thornton. Playing Crawford 39 minutes in the 2nd game of a back to back when his shot is off makes absolutely no sense.

If Woody was the Hornets coach, he would have put Collison in the dog house for 2 months for running into the Serbian sharpshooter and turning 2 3-pointers into 2 turnovers.

I wish you were completely wrong, but your actually right.

While I don't think Teague has looked great or earned a lot of minutes, I'm definitely not opposed to him getting more. I just think it's foolish how people think he should get more minutes just because another young PG was successful. Not all players were created equal. Some guys just never become contributors as rookies even when given plenty of opportunities.

I think it is too early to judge Teague on his play. He is still very young, and has a lot of time to improve.

Understatement of the week.

Love how some of y'all think we're the '05 Birds all over again.

I'd like to see Woody shade him closer to 13 mpg than 9, but with Mike, Joe, and Jamal controlling the 1-2 how does anything more make sense?

He just started his rookie season on a pretty deep squad.

By February, assuming everyone stays healthy, he should be up to 14-18 mpg.

Sounds about right to me.

• Premium Member

The Bibby injury could be a blessing. What better way to learn what youngen got then to see how he does when it matters most.

• Premium Member

You are assuming that Teague will actually play if Bibby can't. I think history has shown that you are going out on a limb there.

Woody has no choice but to play him. If Crawford takes Bibby's mins then the obvious assumption would be that Teague would take Crawford's mins.

But...

Hawks were in a similar situation in '08. But Acie was also out so Woody played Childress at guard. These days the only other player on the roster capable of making a similar move is Mo Evans and I'm praying Woddy doesn't do that

I gues we'll see:

Joe

Crawford

Mo Evans

or

Joe

Crawford

Teague

My money is on the latter.

Edited by NineOhTheRino