• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like Teague is going to get a lot of playing time afterall

Robdawg

We might have to bring in Juan Dixon

you rigth we are going to have to bring in somebody b/c i just dont see it in teague, i am usually right with you all on jumping woodies case but this time i cant blame him, but he needs to be held accountable for other draft picks and how he use his bench. including the very slow maturation of josh and al. some of the stuff you see al during right now al should have been doing 2 yrs. ago. al should have been a career 16 pt. a night man.

Sighs, let me paint a small picture. Collison played a total of 12 minutes his first 7 games(1.7 mpg). The very next two games, he gets 16 minutes a game because NO was in two blowouts. NOW we are at game 10 where I believe CP gets hurt and Collison has to play 26 minutes. The rest is history.

Do you think NO really wants to play DC starters minutes as a rookie??? no. After 14 games he is only shooting 40.5% from the field and was 1-6 from 3pt before their Atl game. You can't tell me Teague can't average 8.2 ppg, 2.7apg, in 17 mpg with 7.6 shot attempts per game. Not because he deserves it but because of injuries and to get him ready if bibby or crawford goes down again.

I think that Teague has to be able to take a shot other than the run at the rim and hope it's not blocked for him to average anything in points and right now he hasn't shown that he is willing to take any other shots than that.

Woody was singing Teague's praises in preseason, talking about how good his pgs were blahblahblah. More lip service from Woody.

You can't deny that until the Orlando preseason game that Teague was putting up very good stats. Since that game Teague has been flat out awful though. I really have no idea how he averaged 15ppg in the preseason prior to that game.

You can't deny that until the Orlando preseason game that Teague was putting up very good stats. Since that game Teague has been flat out awful though. I really have no idea how he averaged 15ppg in the preseason prior to that game.

If JJ played only 5 minutes a game he would look flat out awful too since he consistently bricks his first few shots.

If JJ played only 5 minutes a game he would look flat out awful too since he consistently bricks his first few shots.

You have to take shots to be able to brick them. Even in his limited minutes he's passing up open jump shots and you can't make them without taking them.

But yes I do agree he needs more minutes.

You have to take shots to be able to brick them. Even in his limited minutes he's passing up open jump shots and you can't make them without taking them.

But yes I do agree he needs more minutes.

How many shots can you take in 5 minutes, especially if you are a pg looking to create for other people?

How many shots can you take in 5 minutes, especially if you are a pg looking to create for other people?

Well if I am wide open on 5 out of 10 possessions for an open jumper in that 5 minutes I'd say I could take 5 shots, especially considering that the GM drafted me to score, and the coach and star player on the team has told me to do what I was drafted to do which was to be aggressive and shoot.

Can you give me a legitimate excuse for why he's passing up open jumpers? Why is he getting a pass here for doing so when others haven't?

Well if I am wide open on 5 out of 10 possessions for an open jumper in that 5 minutes I'd say I could take 5 shots, especially considering that the GM drafted me to score, and the coach and star player on the team has told me to do what I was drafted to do which was to be aggressive and shoot.

Can you give me a legitimate excuse for why he's passing up open jumpers? Why is he getting a pass here for doing so when others haven't?

LOL @ you of all people criticizing a rookie for passing up jumpers from 3 when horford has been passing up 15 footers since he has been here. Please point to any post you have ever made criticizing Horford for passing up open midrange shots. Horford has gotten a pass for that for years.

Edited by exodus

LOL @ you of all people criticizing a rookie for passing up jumpers from 3 when horford has been passing up 15 footers since he has been here. Please point to any post you have ever made criticizing Horford for passing up open midrange shots. Horford has gotten a pass for that for years.

I don't have the time to search for a post where I've criticized Horford for that but I assure you that I have. However, I'm FAR more concerned about having a PG that won't shoot from outside than I am a center and I have trouble believing that anyone else would feel differently but perhaps you do.

I don't have the time to search for a post where I've criticized Horford for that but I assure you that I have. However, I'm FAR more concerned about having a PG that won't shoot from outside than I am a center and I have trouble believing that anyone else would feel differently but perhaps you do.

Why is he getting a pass here for doing so when others haven't?

Horford has gotten a free pass for years and he has been playing big minutes. Why would a rookie pg come in cold off the bench and start jacking right away? That doesn't even make sense given that our offense is ISO JJ right, ISO JJ left. A big part of a pgs job is to run the offense and get easy looks for other players.

It is a little easier to hit open shots after you have been in the game for more than 5 minutes. See JJ. He has consistently bricked his first few shots in most of the games so far. Most of the time he doesn't start hitting until the 2nd half.

Tell the kid to play some defense. Steal a ball and take it the length of the court for a lay-up. Make life tough for the opposing PG. Since he can jump, swoop in and get a few rebounds.

Do SOMETHING.

I want to see him positivelty affect a game in those 4 - 7 minutes he plays in the 1st half. And yes, players can come in and immeadiately impact a game. If he can't make a lay-up, at least do his best Mario West impression.

• Like 1

Why was he scoring at a high rate in the preseason if he was no good? This isn't the NFL....in NBA preseason you play against NBA teams front lines. I'm not worried about him, he simply needs more playing time.

It has more to do confidence and consistent minutes than suckage IMO. He was beasting in the preseason.

In fairness though, Acie had good preseasons too. I remember Acie's first home game vs Dallas. He looked damn good in the limited minutes he played. In fact, Acie would probably be our PG right now, if the kid didn't keep getting hurt.

People want to say that Woody didn't give Acie a chance here, but that's not true. Acie got decent minutes in his rookie year, even in the first month of his rookie year. By mid-November, he was starting ( remember the Charlotte game in which he had 7 assists in the first half, but gets hurt in that game? ).

His injuries opened the door for AJ to take his job. Then it got to the point in which Acie stopped being an effective PG off the bench, which saw a drastic reduction in his playing time.

When you're a bench player, you have to be able to come in a game and have an impact. Near the end Acie just wasn't doing that on a nightly basis. The same goes for Shelden. In his case, he was being outplayed by Solo, which led to a drastic reduction in minutes.

Teague needs to get some consistent playing time. You can't be really good if you don't play in a game. Has anyone heard of the status on Bibby's ankle?