• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mess without Bibby

HalfHawk

I believe we looked flat last night even before Bibby came out, we just had an all out off night last night. We got tired. It happens. We were on a 7 game winning streak.... and just lost one game.

But I do agree they were missing composure and leadership with Bibby out, no doubt about that. That being said, NO was making huge mistakes and we never capitalized. It was an off-night altogether.

• Premium Member

So? Facts are Crawford is a streaky player and he's not a true PG. So when he's off of his game and we can't take him out that's bad. When we have Bibby we have a lot more flexibility with Crawford. Simple facts that only you could disagree with.

That's not what you said. You made no statement about Crawford at the PG. You said that Crawford plays big minutes = trouble.

I on the other hand made the point clearly that Crawford normally doesn't play PG all that much for us. He comes on the floor for Joe or for Marvin... Most of the time, Bibby is still out there. When he has replaced Bibby straight up, we haven't looked so good. I believe our offense just needs two people Joe trust to work. Moreover, Bibby is not doing much PGing when he's in. In Fact, Crawford's role hasn't changed with Bibby out. It's just that we get a lot less Iso Joe when Bibby and Craw are in. He has players he trust on the floor with him.

You saw it last night. When Joe was on the floor, he was putting up bad shots. He was shooting early in the clock. He was not running an offense. That's not Craw's fault. That's a lack of Bibby. Bibby is like the governor for our offense. He regulates what the tempo will be and he's able to make the open shot and force defenders to play him and not joe.

That's not what you said. You made no statement about Crawford at the PG. You said that Crawford plays big minutes = trouble.

I on the other hand made the point clearly that Crawford normally doesn't play PG all that much for us. He comes on the floor for Joe or for Marvin... Most of the time, Bibby is still out there. When he has replaced Bibby straight up, we haven't looked so good. I believe our offense just needs two people Joe trust to work. Moreover, Bibby is not doing much PGing when he's in. In Fact, Crawford's role hasn't changed with Bibby out. It's just that we get a lot less Iso Joe when Bibby and Craw are in. He has players he trust on the floor with him.

You saw it last night. When Joe was on the floor, he was putting up bad shots. He was shooting early in the clock. He was not running an offense. That's not Craw's fault. That's a lack of Bibby. Bibby is like the governor for our offense. He regulates what the tempo will be and he's able to make the open shot and force defenders to play him and not joe.

You have poor reading comprehension. I said Crawford loses a lot of his value when he has to play big minutes. With Bibby out that's the situation we're in. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Im sorry, but yal are giving Bibby too much cred, and our team too much slack.

Hopefully Woody was just caught with his pants down tonite and will gameplan better next game, but sheesh,

New Orleans lost the best PG in the NBA and is playing BETTER, we can/should be able to make do without Bibby. I dare somebody to argue that Bibby is more valuable to us than Chris Paul is to the Hornets. He is literally all they have. Bibby isnt even our All-Star, we shouldnt self-destruct because he isnt in the game. Our roster without Bibby is better than NO's without Paul.

New Orleans takes away that excuse from us. Chris Paul is All-World and they are surviving. Bibby is cool and all but.... i think you get my point

True!! Yes Bibby is our floor general and does run our plays(Woody let's NBA players be NBA players and create their own offense) but he is not our best player. This gives us time for other guys to figure it out(p.s. Crawford is a good point guard that's just not what he is used for on our team). Knowing Woodson he is not going to start his sixth man which means Teague will get to start early and come in often. Most of the rookie point guards from the draft have got ample playing time and now Teague will get his :thumbsupsmileyanim: . It may be a slight bump but definitely a good experience for our point guard of the future (Teague is a baller and knows how to play and now he will get his chance to get a feel of the NBA game more with more minutes). Like I said many times before Teague will be starting either next year or after the All-Star break. I've said this for the exact reason that we face now with Bibby who of course is getting older and his predecessor is more athletic with the talent to be great.

Clearly some of you guys just became Hawks fans. We haven't had an offense since Woody came to Atlanta. It's always ISO Joe, ISO Joe, and then maybe a Smoove lob play thrown in after a timeout.

Bibby, while it has been insinuated in the past but never shown to be the actual case, runs our offense. With him, we at least have a semblance of movement, passing, and hence, easy baskets. Without him, what did you see? ISO Joe, ISO Crawford, ISO Joe...

Woody is still a joke. I am very happy with our start this year, but Woody is still a below average coach.

Naw man, I been a fan since Dion Glover and Shareef were here. I never thought Woodson was a good offensive coach, and Im usually shaking my head at alot of the things he does, I simply was trying to stay on topic and not turn it into a bash Woodson issue.

But honestly I feel like Teague has all the skills to do what it takes to make our offense succesful, he just isnt being utilized correctly. With his blazing speed, Teague should come in and dominate the ball, drive and kick out to Joe or Craw. But the the confidence from his teamates and coach that he recieved during the pre-season has evaporated., mainly because of poor planning. If he had been given a steady diet of minutes, even in mop up time, he wouldnt be so erratic coming in games. As it looks, we will have wasted another pick because our staff does not know how to utilize a young pg. Thats why I continue to say we have no use for a true pg, because on this team, if the pg cant consistently hit a 3, he wont get any love from Woody.

i didnt catch this game, but even WITH bibby i saw it being a speed bump.

the first game on the road in a while- with it being the 2nd of a back-to-back, against a streaking team. don't over-analyze it... PLUS 5 days off after bibby goes down is about as good of luck as you could wish for...

Finally finished watching the Hornets game. My conclusion is that it wasn't the absence of Bibby but the fact that 1. We played poor defense and 2. We didn't move the ball around on offense. Too much isolation plays and quick jump shots. Joe was horrible in this game. Looked like the same Hawks from 2 or 3 years ago.

Edited by Blunt91