• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top 50

buckeye242424

JJ, Horford and Smooth all on the list - 25, 35, and 40, respectively.

Its a decent poll. A little biased towards old vets like Battier and Shaq but you cannot discount their impact at the defensive end. So much for the opinion of some of our fans that Woody is doing a great job with very little talent. Only three teams with more players than ours; and the Cavs and Magic aint one of those three.

Now throw in our depth and its clear why we are getting so much respect in this years power rankings across the board!

Go Hawks!!!

Edited by Buzzard

Very happy to see 3 Hawks make the cut...some of the players should not be on the CURRENT list though IMHO...they are:

Shaq

McGrady

Ray Allen

Battier

Jefferson

Villanueva

Redd

These players are very solid NBA guys don't get me wrong, but not top 50 worthy CURRENTLY. Shaq would definitely make the top 50 of all time(prolly top 10) and Ray Allen would prolly make the cut for top 50 of all time when its all said and done.

Its a decent poll. A little biased towards old vets like Battier and Shaq but you cannot discount their impact at the defensive end. So much for the opinion of some of our fans that Woody is doing a great job with very little talent. Only three teams with more players than ours; and the Cavs and Magic aint one of those three.

Now throw in our depth and its clear why we are getting so much respect in this years power rankings across the board!

Go Hawks!!!

The strength of this team resides in its top 6 players. Night in and night out, they're the difference makers on this team ( win or lose ).

As for the poll, there's no way in hell that JJ isn't a top 20 player in this league. His all-around game has to be taken into account. He'ms ranked that low because people don't watch him play that much, and because he hasn't dominated in a playoff series on a superstar-like level.

And with the way Josh Smith is playing, there's noway in hell that Smoove isn't a top 30 player . . even top 25. Did I see that right? Nene ranked ahead of Smoove? Get the f*** outta here.

The strength of this team resides in its top 6 players. Night in and night out, they're the difference makers on this team ( win or lose ).

As for the poll, there's no way in hell that JJ isn't a top 20 player in this league. His all-around game has to be taken into account. He'ms ranked that low because people don't watch him play that much, and because he hasn't dominated in a playoff series on a superstar-like level.

And with the way Josh Smith is playing, there's noway in hell that Smoove isn't a top 30 player . . even top 25. Did I see that right? Nene ranked ahead of Smoove? Get the f*** outta here.

I agree lol...but its just a poll not a definitive proclomation. I think it does shows us how others outside of Atlanta think of our overall team now. Five teams with three or more on the list; and only three with more than us. Pretty impressive stuff considering where we were just four years ago...

JJ is NOT a top 20 player. He's not even the best player on his own team this year. His mediocre shooting and selfish ways is catching up to him. Still, he should be ahead of Tmac. Even if he is.. With guys like Kevin Durant and Brandon Jennings it's not going to last much longer.

Edited by Hotlanta1981