• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I urge you all to contact the league office!

DjGrizz

Contact league office

This is what I wrote:

I subscribe annually to the NBA League Pass, as well as attend games in person. I spend large quantities of money on the NBA every year, whether it be through merchandise or viewing. Which leads to my complaint.....

The officiating for the Hawks vs Cavs game was absolutely horrendous! The shot clock malfunction with a little more than a minute left and was absolutely ridiculous! In what was a HUGE possession, the refs did nothing to rectify the situation. This is unacceptable to fans such as my self who pay top dollar to let the NBA thrive in a weak economy. I URGE you to take notice and take the necessary action that is required to rectify such a horrible display of officiating by Ken Mauer, Courtney Kirkland and Ed Malloy! If this matter is not addressed, I WILL be contacting local and national media regarding the fact that YOU employ a felon as an official. In 2000, Ken Mauer was convicted of a felony, three counts of tax evasion, and one count of obstruction of justice. After all the NBA has gone through with Tim Donaghy, why are you guys employing felons? Is your business model that corrupt? Again, If this goes unnoticed I, and others will make sure this gets heard. Beware of the power of the people, it will prevail. I expect a response as a paying fan, promptly. Good day.

Edited by DjGrizz
  • Like 2

I agree with what your saying, but it's not going to help anything. I didn't want to admit it, but I think the NBA is a lot more WWE than it is an actual professional sport. The calls last night were very once sided. The technicals alone on Bibby and Josh were probably justified, but when look at Lebron going crazy after each call and never get a whistle, it makes you think. The shotclock situation was hard to fathom, but it could have actually been an actual mistake, but the preferential treatment was not.

When you see our guys get hammered in the lane and get no call when Lebron is allow to push off with the off hand everytime he goes to the basket, it equally stupid. I guess the NBA thinks we're stupid. I saw a lot of what Tim Donnagee (sp) wrote in his book last night. This is not a sport, it's only entertainment. I'm done with it. I can waste my time doing something more productive.

Edited by diamond_dave

I agree with what your saying, but it's not going to help anything.

I think 1,000 emails would get their attention. I just sent them one.

Woody said they were going to do a formal protest. After all.........if Miami won their protest last year to replay the end of the game then why should the Hawks not be given the same chance ?

Edited by coachx

I think 1,000 emails would get their attention. I just sent them one.

Woody said they were going to do a formal protest. After all.........if Miami won their protest last year to replay the end of the game then why should the Hawks not be given the same chance ?

I went ahead and sent one in. I suggested that in future games that they should have a masked player come out of the locker room while the game is going on and hit someone with a steel chair. Then he could proceed to steal the ball and go in for a dunk. Hopefully his cape and spandex doesn't get caught on the rim.

• Premium Member

Contact league office

This is what I wrote:

I subscribe annually to the NBA League Pass, as well as attend games in person. I spend large quantities of money on the NBA every year, whether it be through merchandise or viewing. Which leads to my complaint.....

The officiating for the Hawks vs Cavs game was absolutely horrendous! The shot clock malfunction with a little more than a minute left and was absolutely ridiculous! In what was a HUGE possession, the refs did nothing to rectify the situation. This is unacceptable to fans such as my self who pay top dollar to let the NBA thrive in a weak economy. I URGE you to take notice and take the necessary action that is required to rectify such a horrible display of officiating by Ken Mauer, Courtney Kirkland and Ed Malloy! If this matter is not addressed, I WILL be contacting local and national media regarding the fact that YOU employ a felon as an official. In 2000, Ken Mauer was convicted of a felony, three counts of tax evasion, and one count of obstruction of justice. After all the NBA has gone through with Tim Donaghy, why are you guys employing felons? Is your business model that corrupt? Again, If this goes unnoticed I, and others will make sure this gets heard. Beware of the power of the people, it will prevail. I expect a response as a paying fan, promptly. Good day.

Mine:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch, but I was amazed that the officials in the Hawks-Cavs game both failed to notice that the shot clock did not reset on that critical late game possession AND refused to correct their own error by allowing the Hawks to replay the possession from the time of the mishap. My view is simple: Two years ago, the NBA allowed the Heat to replay the final minute of a game with the Hawks when a scorekeeping error resulted in Shaquille O'Neal being disqualified with 5 fouls. The error last night was even more egregious, because it is even more obvious that the error could have affected the outcome of the game.

If you don't allow a re-play of the final 1:57 of the Hawks-Cavs game, you shouldn't bother trying to convince NBA fans that you treat all teams the same. It is the job of the officials, not the players or coaches, to stop the game and correct shot clock mishaps. The Hawks protested the error in a timely fashion, but the officials refused to correct the mistake that they themselves were responsible for. The error occurred on a critical possession.

The Hawks may well have lost anyway, but that is not the point. Just as the Heat were allowed to replay the final minute of a game they lost even after the player most directly involved was traded to another team, the NBA should allow the final 1:57 of this game to be re-played. Like the Heat, the Hawks should not be penalized for an officiating/timekeeping error that was in no way their responsibility. This was an objective error, not a subjective error like a missed foul call. It is the NBA's responsibility to correct it.

Sincerely,

[Niremetal]

Edited by niremetal

I went ahead and sent one in. I suggested that in future games that they should have a masked player come out of the locker room while the game is going on and hit someone with a steel chair. Then he could proceed to steal the ball and go in for a dunk. Hopefully his cape and spandex doesn't get caught on the rim.

Lol at the wrestling reference. I also have put my comments in to the NBA. The clock problem was frustrating and the fact that it did not appear that the official even went to look at the tape, but I think the bigger issues was the foul shot difference. First, Lebron committed numerous charges and he also practically tackled Josh Smith in mid air. It was not a situation where ATL just took a bunch of jump shots. It was very physical and obvious that the refs did whatever they could to help Cleveland back in the game. Also, how about the two technicals called on us while Lebron can run around and act a fool and not have a technical called. Its frustrating when your team outplayed the other team but the officials look the other way on fouls to help the team out. I don't think the league will do anything, but its discouraging to know that no matter what the Hawks do in the playoffs, they will be playing against not only the opposing team, but also against the officials.

Mine:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch, but I was amazed that the officials in the Hawks-Cavs game both failed to notice that the shot clock did not reset on that critical late game possession AND refused to correct their own error by allowing the Hawks to replay the possession from the time of the mishap. My view is simple: Two years ago, the NBA allowed the Heat to replay the final minute of a game with the Hawks when a scorekeeping error resulted in Shaquille O'Neal being disqualified with 5 fouls. The error last night was even more egregious, because it is even more obvious that the error could have affected the outcome of the game.

If you don't allow a re-play of the final 1:57 of the Hawks-Cavs game, you shouldn't bother trying to convince NBA fans that you treat all teams the same. It is the job of the officials, not the players or coaches, to stop the game and correct shot clock mishaps. The Hawks protested the error in a timely fashion, but the officials refused to correct the mistake that they themselves were responsible for. The error occurred on a critical possession.

The Hawks may well have lost anyway, but that is not the point. Just as the Heat were allowed to replay the final minute of a game they lost even after the player most directly involved was traded to another team, the NBA should allow the final 1:57 of this game to be re-played. Like the Heat, the Hawks should not be penalized for an officiating/timekeeping error that was in no way their responsibility. This was an objective error, not a subjective error like a missed foul call. It is the NBA's responsibility to correct it.

Sincerely,

[Niremetal]

You all are writing some nice, tactful responses of your dismay. I would like to write as well. Who do I write to and where? I think the point of how Miami got to replay a game is sufficient. Especially, being that this game has even bigger implications. We are neck and neck in the playoff race with Cleveland as of now. This could very well be for the 3rd and 4th seeds, homecourt advantage if we meet in the playoffs. This is a major game. Also, to the fact that the NBA does not need this type of PR right after Donaghy's book just came out. I think Donaghy would eat up the spotlight and opportunity to point this out in public. They don't want this, nor do they need this PR frenzy. Atlanta is also a major media outlet. The story will be heard, and will be national. CNN don't have any ties to the NBA so it can run the story and create an even bigger story by tying the connection of Donaghy and his book to what went on and goes on, before other media outlets (FOX) by having ties to ATL. There are also Hoops magazines based here and blogs that can really get the story out and investigated.

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

Lol at the wrestling reference. I also have put my comments in to the NBA. The clock problem was frustrating and the fact that it did not appear that the official even went to look at the tape, but I think the bigger issues was the foul shot difference. First, Lebron committed numerous charges and he also practically tackled Josh Smith in mid air. It was not a situation where ATL just took a bunch of jump shots. It was very physical and obvious that the refs did whatever they could to help Cleveland back in the game. Also, how about the two technicals called on us while Lebron can run around and act a fool and not have a technical called. Its frustrating when your team outplayed the other team but the officials look the other way on fouls to help the team out. I don't think the league will do anything, but its discouraging to know that no matter what the Hawks do in the playoffs, they will be playing against not only the opposing team, but also against the officials.

You brought good points, and exact instances of your observations. As many of you have already stated, I don't think that they will overturn any ruling or replay the game, but they will at least know that the Hawks have some fans that stand behind them and pay attention to what is going on. I hope you wrote that to the League Office.

You all are writing some nice, tactful responses of your dismay. I would like to write as well. Who do I write to and where? I think the point of how Miami got to replay a game is sufficient. Especially, being that this game has even bigger implications. We are neck and neck in the playoff race with Cleveland as of now. This could very well be for the 3rd and 4th seeds, homecourt advantage if we meet in the playoffs. This is a major game. Also, to the fact that the NBA does not need this type of PR right after Donaghy's book just came out. I think Donaghy would eat up the spotlight and opportunity to point this out in public. They don't want this, nor do they need this PR frenzy. Atlanta is also a major media outlet. The story will be heard, and will be national. CNN don't have any ties to the NBA so it can run the story and create an even bigger story by tying the connection of Donaghy and his book to what went on and goes on, before other media outlets (FOX) by having ties to ATL. There are also Hoops magazines based here and blogs that can really get the story out and investigated.

In the first post is a link to contact the league office.

Dear NBA Fan,

Thank you for contacting the National Basketball Association with your

comments and suggestions. Our fans are extremely important to us and we

value what you have to say. Please know that we will review each letter we

receive, but with so many fans around the world showing their interest in

the NBA, we may not respond to every e-mail.

Thank you for your support of the NBA.

Sincerely,

NBA Fan Relations

It's the NBA on TNT Thursday. Tune in tonight as Miami takes on San

Antonio at 7 p.m. ET followed by Philadelphia vs. L.A. Clippers at 9:30

p.m. ET. Where amazing happens.

http://www.nba.com/

Guys I would be SHOCKED if anyone read anything we wrote...do they have a number or something?

Yeah I think that is the generic generated email. Since I put referee problems down as my reasoning, I doubt i get anything.

If I don't hear back I email tomorrow and so forth.

I'm on a role with emailing people. Just sent one to publix for the lack of cracklings in their stores.

I did bring that up in my letter.

My two cents are in. Thanks. I hate living in Ohio listening to all my friends who are Cavs fans justifying us getting hosed. My blood pressure has been off the charts. I'm still bitter...and LBJ can suck a big one.

My two cents are in. Thanks. I hate living in Ohio listening to all my friends who are Cavs fans justifying us getting hosed. My blood pressure has been off the charts. I'm still bitter...and LBJ can suck a big one.

WHO DEY