• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think the Hawks should just suck it up and accept they lost

HawkItus

I forget the team, but we had a game this year where in an out of bounds play the ball was lost in the backcourt and our player picked it up and brought it back across resulting in a score for us to seal the game. The other team got cheated as we did. It happens. Still no excuse to lose a 17 point lead and J Crawford leaving the man with the ball wide open.

"No calls" by NBA refs are entirely different then clock malfunctions in the final 2 minutes of a 1 point game.

A similar clock malfunction happened last year in Phillips Arena vs. the Heat. The NBA made us replay the final minutes of that game the next time the Heat were in Atlanta. Hawks fans simply want the same justice that was awarded to the Heat last year.

"No calls" by NBA refs are entirely different then clock malfunctions in the final 2 minutes of a 1 point game.

A similar clock malfunction happened last year in Phillips Arena vs. the Heat. The NBA made us replay the final minutes of that game the next time the Heat were in Atlanta. Hawks fans simply want the same justice that was awarded to the Heat last year.

This was absolutely a protest worthy offense. I cannot believe anyone would think otherwise. Is it not enough that every foul was called on the Hawks and every call went the Cav's way?

I think U are the one who should suck it up. It's clear they wanted to make sure Queen Bron won on her birthday and it sucks... We deserve a replay no way around that..

Yeah we probably do, but it is one loss. That's it. It wasn't for the championship. If we handle our business the rest of the season it shouldn't affect us more than any other loss. If we had a shot clock violation on the play, I'd be more inclined to see them push it. But, we didn't. Josh got stripped. I just don't think it is healthy for the team to dwell on this.

• Premium Member

Yeah we probably do, but it is one loss. That's it. It wasn't for the championship. If we handle our business the rest of the season it shouldn't affect us more than any other loss. If we had a shot clock violation on the play, I'd be more inclined to see them push it. But, we didn't. Josh got stripped. I just don't think it is healthy for the team to dwell on this.

Josh only got stripped because he looked up, saw the clock at 3, and rushed to get a shot off.

It seems like the league doesn't give two craps about the Hawks. You'd think being up 17 was good enough....but keep giving them easy points (free throw after free throw) and LeBron hits a couple threes and the game is close again....then the referees can take over.

I forget the team, but we had a game this year where in an out of bounds play the ball was lost in the backcourt and our player picked it up and brought it back across resulting in a score for us to seal the game. The other team got cheated as we did. It happens. Still no excuse to lose a 17 point lead and J Crawford leaving the man with the ball wide open.

The team went 9 minutes without scoring in the 4th the other night and blew the game. They had a 17 point last night and blew the lead. They didn't finish off the games. Crappy calls and last night wasn't the choke job that it was 2 night ago, but they had a big lead and lost it. Yeah, they had some bad calls go against them. but they only scored 37 points in the second half and it's hard to beat Cleveland that way.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

The team went 9 minutes without scoring in the 4th the other night and blew the game. They had a 17 point last night and blew the lead. They didn't finish off the games. Crappy calls and last night wasn't the choke job that it was 2 night ago, but they had a big lead and lost it. Yeah, they had some bad calls go against them. but they only scored 37 points in the second half and it's hard to beat Cleveland that way.

It's not hard to only score 37 points when you have been forced to take jump shots all night instead of being able to drive into the lane due to fear of being hacked and not getting a call. If you have a choice of driving to the lane, being hacked, and missing the shot or taking a jump shot. I will take the jump shot.

It's not hard to only score 37 points when you have been forced to take jump shots all night instead of being able to drive into the lane due to fear of being hacked and not getting a call. If you have a choice of driving to the lane, being hacked, and missing the shot or taking a jump shot. I will take the jump shot.

If the team doesn't resolve this issue it will happen again and again against teams like Cleveland, LA and Orlando. This team takes a lot of jump shots when things get tough regardless.

If the team doesn't resolve this issue it will happen again and again against teams like Cleveland, LA and Orlando. This team takes a lot of jump shots when things get tough regardless.

You obviously did not watch the game objectively. You only saw them through your Hawk Hater glasses. The Hawks were constantly attacking the basket without getting a call. Then the Cavs run down on the other end get a fast break 3 and before you know it it's a one or two score game.

I don't know how Josh Smith kept his cool and didn't get that 2nd technical foul with the BS that happened to him. Anderson Varajeo getting only one foul says it all about how much BS there was in their favor.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim: WE SHOT 3 FREE THROWS IN THE SECOND HALF.............3.....................3........................3................IN THE ENTIRE HALF!!!!!!!!!! JAMARIO MOON...WHO PLAYED A TOTAL OF 13 MINS...SHOT MORE FREE THROWS THAN ANYONE ON OUR TEAM.......I mean dude either watch the games subjectively or stop coming on here with your pure hate comments. Its hard to score alot of points when ur driving the lane getting knocked to the floor and not getting calls.

• Like 1

Does anybody know what the Vegas point spread was on that game? If it was 5 or more I'm thinking Stern may be in some trouble (5 being a push)...106-101. If it was 4 or less they are all laughing and smoking cigars...toasting V for his first three.

Edited by DJlaysitup

thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif WE SHOT 3 FREE THROWS IN THE SECOND HALF.............3.....................3........................3................IN THE ENTIRE HALF!!!!!!!!!! JAMARIO MOON...WHO PLAYED A TOTAL OF 13 MINS...SHOT MORE FREE THROWS THAN ANYONE ON OUR TEAM.......I mean dude either watch the games subjectively or stop coming on here with your pure hate comments. Its hard to score alot of points when ur driving the lane getting knocked to the floor and not getting calls.

Hawks and Cavs had equal number of shots from inside 10 feet. hawks had 15 and cavs had 17 shots at the rim. No significant difference in aggressiveness despite refs letting cavs play football defenase and Hawks soccer defense.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim: WE SHOT 3 FREE THROWS IN THE SECOND HALF.............3.....................3........................3................IN THE ENTIRE HALF!!!!!!!!!! JAMARIO MOON...WHO PLAYED A TOTAL OF 13 MINS...SHOT MORE FREE THROWS THAN ANYONE ON OUR TEAM.......I mean dude either watch the games subjectively or stop coming on here with your pure hate comments. Its hard to score alot of points when ur driving the lane getting knocked to the floor and not getting calls.

Stop acting like a little school girl. I said calls didn't go the teams way but a lot of other teams have seen the same thing. You think this is the first team to not get calls against Lebron James? Maybe if they had played better the other night they wouldn't have got swept in the series. Right or wrong, if Lebron is that aggressive going to the basket he is going to go the foul line. He took mainly jumpers the night before and only attempted 3 free throws.. The point is the refs suck, but the hawks got to try and find away to play through it. Josh would help his cause if he would stop crying after every play and stop giving the refs stupid looking faces. The dude makes it easy for the refs to not put him at the line. The refs have probably got together to "teach him a lesson" like they did AI.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

There really is no point in trying to reason with Hotlanta, I learned a long time ago that ignoring him is the best thing to do..

You dont know what reasonable is.

The refs have been doing this stuff for 20 plus years. Emailing David Stern does nothing. The refs sucked last night, but some of the guys like Josh Smith act and that makes the chances of getting calls less. Josh has been crying basically every game for the last 10 games. He should spend more more hitting the boards and less time giving the refs crybaby faces. Is it right that the refs are probably giving Josh payback, no..... That's not their job. But the league is going to continue to allow this behavior.

Edited by Hotlanta1981