• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Canseco says Big Mac is lieing

coachx

I must say that I agree with both of these men.

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/18444/20100112/canseco_mcgwire_lying_about_peds/

"I've got no problems with a few of the things he's saying, but again, it's ironic and strange that Mark McGwire denies that I injected him with steroids. He's calling me a liar again," Canseco said Tuesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I've defended Mark, I've said a lot of good things about him, but I can't believe he just called me a liar.

"There is something very strange going on here, and I'm wondering what it is. I even polygraphed that subject matter, that I injected him, and passed it completely. So I want to challenge him on national TV to a polygraph examination. I want to see him call me a liar under a polygraph examination."

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/18454/20100113/gossage_steroids_users_should_be_barred_from_hall/

Goose Gossage says that there's no place in Cooperstown for any other player who used performance-enhancing drugs.

"I definitely think that they cheated," Gossage said Tuesday in a interview with The Associated Press. "And what does the Hall of Fame consist of? Integrity. Cheating is not part of integrity."

According to Gossage, Hank Aaron still holds the career record of 755 home runs and Roger Maris owns the season record of 61.

"The integrity of the Hall of Fame and the numbers and the history are all in jeopardy," said Gossage. "I don't think they should be recognized. Here's a guy Aaron, we're talking about the greatest record of all records. And he did it on a level playing field. He did it with God-given talent. And the same with Maris, absolutely. These are sacred records and they’ve been shattered by cheaters."

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I agree with Goose for sure. I loved McGwire taking a condescending tone and trying to take the moral high ground with Canceco. "I'm not going to stoop to his level...."

Mark - You have been cheating and lying to us for the past 17 years. You don't get to act like you are some credible source on the issue of steroid use who should clearly be believed over Canceco when Jose is the guy who blew the whistle on the massive, massive cheating that was going on in the game. Even if Canceco isn't telling the truth, you don't get to act like you are Greg Maddux or Dale Murphy. You cheated and lied to us for 17 years and you are continuing to lie to us and/or yourself.

Douche.

• Moderators

Canceco is pretty pathetic but who has been more honest than Canceco during this?

Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro, etc.?

Canceco has earned some level of credibility. McGwire has none on the topic of steroids.

BTW - Canceco also says LaRussa is lying about just finding out about this. If LaRussa is telling the truth isn't it a bit surprising he isn't disturbed by the fact that his newest coach has lied to him for 20 years, cheated the game for a decade, and doesn't believe steroids enhance performance? Wouldn't you be questioning how reliable a hire this is if you just found this out now?

Canceco has credibility on that charge, too, because LaRussa's story doesn't add up.