• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson is going to drop 40 points tonight vs the Magic

MVP23

"Boston..W

...We own them. I've been saying it since September, that we own them....a Friday Night game, against the Celtics? 20,000 packed to the roof..this is Jamal Crawfords kind of game...I expect him to drop 30 off the bench. And Al is going to make a great night...Hawks win 104-101

@Orlando...W

...Call me crazy, but you have to believe Joe Johnson will be sick and tired of Craw getting all the spotlight...I think Joe scores 30+ in this one, and we prove we can beat them"

Thats what I posted in the "Predict 5 games thread" I was on the money with Craw, and I think Joe is going to explode tonight. I think the team will start off fast, and then slow down, and thats where Joe comes in. But I think Joe will own all game long...you just watch and see.

• Premium Member

"Boston..W

...We own them. I've been saying it since September, that we own them....a Friday Night game, against the Celtics? 20,000 packed to the roof..this is Jamal Crawfords kind of game...I expect him to drop 30 off the bench. And Al is going to make a great night...Hawks win 104-101

@Orlando...W

...Call me crazy, but you have to believe Joe Johnson will be sick and tired of Craw getting all the spotlight...I think Joe scores 30+ in this one, and we prove we can beat them"

Thats what I posted in the "Predict 5 games thread" I was on the money with Craw, and I think Joe is going to explode tonight. I think the team will start off fast, and then slow down, and thats where Joe comes in. But I think Joe will own all game long...you just watch and see.

JJ does well against team that rely heavily on the strength of man-to-man D, and not so well on teams that do a lot of help D, trapping, and defensive rotations - which is why he tends to go off against the Celts and Spurs, but struggles against seemingly lesser defensive teams like the Rockets and Magic. I don't see JJ's scoring struggles against the Magic changing tonight. He should look to draw the double and pass it out, but he still struggles with recognizing traps before it's too late (kinda like Paul Pierce). We shall see.

Not incidentally, Crawford tends to do well against the same kinds of teams. The upshot for him is that when he's on the court with JJ, he rarely will draw traps or double teams until he gets within 10 feet of the basket, which allows him to go one-on-one even against teams that normally do trap and rotate well.

Edited by niremetal

JJ does well against team that rely heavily on the strength of man-to-man D, and not so well on teams that do a lot of help D, trapping, and defensive rotations - which is why he tends to go off against the Celts and Spurs, but struggles against seemingly lesser defensive teams like the Rockets and Magic. I don't see JJ's scoring struggles against the Magic changing tonight. He should look to draw the double and pass it out, but he still struggles with recognizing traps before it's too late (kinda like Paul Pierce). We shall see.

Not incidentally, Crawford tends to do well against the same kinds of teams. The upshot for him is that when he's on the court with JJ, he rarely will draw traps or double teams until he gets within 10 feet of the basket, which allows him to go one-on-one even against teams that normally do trap and rotate well.

I agree. You play JJ straight up man to man, and he's going to kill you. Trap him or play zone, and you have a better shot at containing him. The only way JJ goes off for 40, is if he hits about 7 threes tonight. He's more likely to get 10 assists against the Magic, than 40 points. I'll take a 22 point - 10 assist game from him tonight, because that's equal to going for 40 ( from a point production standpoint ).

I agree. You play JJ straight up man to man, and he's going to kill you. Trap him or play zone, and you have a better shot at containing him. The only way JJ goes off for 40, is if he hits about 7 threes tonight. He's more likely to get 10 assists against the Magic, than 40 points. I'll take a 22 point - 10 assist game from him tonight, because that's equal to going for 40 ( from a point production standpoint ).

Why would the Magic try to double and trap him with "Micheal Jordan" on the court as well. When JJ and Craw are on the floor, teams are going to have to play them straight up from now on, and considering they get 35+ mins together, thats ample time for Joe to get his shots.

Thats what the Magic want, us to rely on the perimeter scorers (granted they are are best scorers).

The key to this game is whether or not Smoove, Marvin, and Al will challege their interior, get Dwight in foul trouble, and score easy buckets. Thats why we get down so quick, so fast against them. We are afraid to go into the post, esp if Dwight swats a shot or two, and start jacking up jumpers from 20+ out, leading to rebounds and run outs for them and easy open looks for their shooters.

if JJ scores 40, i hope its from driving the ball, lay ups, and getting to the FT line. Same for Jamal