• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe, Angel & Smitty are Shooting Stars

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
A new Haier Shooting Stars champion will be crowned as teams representing Atlanta, Los Angeles, Sacramento and the state of Texas take the floor on Feb. 13, as part of NBA All-Star Saturday Night at American Airlines Center in Dallas. For the first time in the event's history, TNT and NBA TV analysts will participate in the event, each serving as the NBA Legend on one of the four respective teams.

Team Atlanta features the Hawks' Joe Johnson, who was named to his fourth consecutive All-Star Game this year; Angel McCoughtry of the Atlanta Dream, the 2009 WNBA adidas Rookie of the Year; and NBA TV analyst Steve Smith, an All-Star selection in 1998 with the Hawks and a member of the 2003 NBA champion San Antonio Spurs

http://www.nba.com/2010/allstar/2010/02/04/participants/index.html

I like the odds there, although the Texas triumvirate (German Dirk Nowitzki of Dallas, "Russian" Becky Hammon of San Antonio, and Space Alien Kenny Smith of Houston) will be the prohibitive favorites.

~lw3

Any time you have more than one guy involved in shooting the basketball it isn't a shooting contest IMO. My team (college) - SIU Salukis - went against Bird's Indiana State many times. We were damned good. But Bird was an assassin. Made everything. JJ on steroids as far as shooting went. He had a 15 for 16 game against us....nearly all outside shots.

It was something to see...I'll never forget it. swish swish swish

Edited by DJlaysitup

yeah I'm not too into this competition and it pisses me off that Joe is never in the 3pt contest but at least he'll get a little more exposure playing in this since he will likely have another dud of an all-star game performance thanks to his "teammates" on the east.