• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would it be so bad if...?

Wretch

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Nobody is saying it. Not really... I think it's been whispered once or twice, and I think I know the responses to come.

But we keep talking about Marvin's production a the three, trading for someone to be more productive, benching him, how we get to the next level...etc., etc... But do we already have the solution in hand?

What if...we started Craw at the 2 and moved JJ to SF?

/duckandcover

snowballfight.gif

• Premium Member

Just a couple of points to make:

Personally, I would bench Mavin. If for nothing but to see if that would light a fire under him. I think we're fine as is, but I also think that fine will not get us passed the 2nd round - and I will put "hang 'em" out there on that. I'm confident in the playoffs against anyone but Orlando. However, it's going to take more than just solid defense to beat Cleveland (or Boston for that matter). JJ is the only reliable scorer in the starting 5 and if he's not hitting his shots, or if they're smothering him, we're in trouble from the start of the game.

The other thing is, Crawford is usually closing out games for us. When it matters, he's on the floor. I say, is the opening of the first and third quarters not important?

IMO, what has happened with Craw is the same thing that happened to Chill. Childress became a "garbage" man because we were scared to make any changes to the starting lineup. Crawford is our 6th man because "Marvin is better for our starting 5's chemistry." In the big games, JJ will need someone to take the pressure off him. We have been saying for the longest that we need a reliable #2 option to pair with him.

Well...we got one.

Bad timing. We are coming off of 3 wins in a row and Marvin's solid play has only helped.

Last night

Marvin had 15 points, 60% FG, 1 block, 1 steal, and only 1 turnover while out rebounding Rudy Gay 7 to 1, and played good defense.

During this 3 game win streak Marvin is averaging:

12 ppg

8.3 rebounds

60% FG

28 minutes

plays good defense

Keep up the good work Marv ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I'm excited for the team and I think we're fine - we're good enough for 50+ wins and an entertaining post season. It's not enough to reach the ECF. 3 in a row? Alright! As 25 year fan of this team, I don't go up and down with the tide and I take my time before I truly put my opinion down. In '97, we started the season 11-0, and won 50 games that year. I told people then not to get excited and that we were just riding "good chemistry" - they looked at me like I had two heads then too. Yeah...we got man-handled in the 1st round of the playoffs that year. As a team, we're playing great ball right now and I won't take anything away from them. We need more to get to the next level. I'm always looking ahead and we need an edge on offense if we're going to do anything special.

As for Marvin, he's ok. I never said he wasn't and you can't find anything on this board that has painted me a Marv-hater. I've been observant and supportive of him since the beginning. Moreso though, I took a wait and see attitude. After 4 years, I don't see a guy who is really bringing anything unique or vital to the starting 5. Every once in a while, he'll put his head down and get into the paint. Every once in a while, he'll hit that 3. But he's just serviceable. We need more and I'll stand by that no matter how many 3 game streaks we go on.

• Moderators

Woody no like change. Plus he is pushing for that 6th man of the year award for JC. Woody would argue that our defense would be poor with Bibby/Crawford starting backcourt and he's probably right. At the point Teague can start for this team then Craw/JJ/Smoove/Horford is one helluva lineup. That may be next year or never.