• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pachulia to Joe (Smith)

I've watched every Hawks game this season. Anyone else notice those two pass the ball to each other a lot? It would be an interesting stat but I would bet half or more of Zaza's assists are to Joe Smith. I guess they developed a close relationship in Milwaukee. I noticed it a lot in the last game vs the Heat as well. Really good passes by the way, specially for big men. Please Zaza or Joe if you are reading this don't stop, it's not a bad thing. Just a coincedence. Also maybe because they r part of the 2nd unit together as well. i.e. Horford to Smoove. Also Joe Smith is really comin on I love it.

I've watched every Hawks game this season. Anyone else notice those two pass the ball to each other a lot? It would be an interesting stat but I would bet half or more of Zaza's assists are to Joe Smith. I guess they developed a close relationship in Milwaukee. I noticed it a lot in the last game vs the Heat as well. Really good passes by the way, specially for big men. Please Zaza or Joe if you are reading this don't stop, it's not a bad thing. Just a coincedence. Also maybe because they r part of the 2nd unit together as well. i.e. Horford to Smoove. Also Joe Smith is really comin on I love it.

There's, without a doubt, a prior relationship on an another team that has an influence. I remember the summer work-outs, or pre-season, whatever, when Joe first arrived. Zaza and he we're chummy....I think Joe's first player he bonded with in Atlanta was Zaza...a rekindled relationship if you will, it's evident on the court now,,,

Most nights it looks like they are more concerned with high 5ving each other than contributing.

Actually they both have been contributing...granted neither are starters but they have been doing pretty good (esp. Zaza). Joe Smith is in shape and works for his small contract - Zaza is a dangerous man in the paint (bull in a china shop)...both have moderate skills.

Most nights it looks like they are more concerned with high 5ving each other than contributing.

ZZ has had 7 or 8 good games this year. Most nights he looks like he is not even interested.

Joe Smith rarely contributes.

We need some some new backup bigs.

ZZ has had 7 or 8 good games this year. Most nights he looks like he is not even interested.

Joe Smith rarely contributes.

We need some some new backup bigs.

Zaza is a multi-millionaire restaurant owner and Joe Smith is primarily cashing checks. They do both try though. Collins is about as good as me and Randmo is a short-armed 6-10 guy who plays like he is 6-8 without hops. Fillers.

Joe Smith should be renamed Blo Smith since he is playing like Blo Wright. Smith can't score or defend and doesn't hit the defensive glass at all. Zaza can barely catch the ball let alone do anything with it.

Agreed on Joe Smith but Zaza is a limited talent guy who at least does his best. Occasionally he does good.

• Premium Member

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. He averages 1.5 field goals (shooting 44%) and 2.4 fouls per game.

I almost drove off the road yesterday when listening to local sports radio callers call Woodson out for not using Zaza effectively. Just smh thinking "Have you people watched Zaza this year!"

the man is a turnover waiting to happen.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Zaza has played well the last few weeks actually. He had a stretch of a month+ where he was a bum, but now he is rebounding decently, hitting his shots, and not turning it over as often. True, he still gets called for one illegal screen a game, but so do most other big men.

He hit both his jumpers last night, and played controlled. What more do you want?

Zaza has played well the last few weeks actually. He had a stretch of a month+ where he was a bum, but now he is rebounding decently, hitting his shots, and not turning it over as often. True, he still gets called for one illegal screen a game, but so do most other big men.

He hit both his jumpers last night, and played controlled. What more do you want?

Over his last 10 games he is shooting 36%. He is a turnover machine that doesn't play D or get defensive rebounds.

That play shows you just how bad defensively Detroit is. Zaza gave Charlie V a slight head fake, and Charlie was running out to him like he was JJ or somebody. Joe Smith was his man, and he just left him along the baseline to chase after a Zaza jumper?

Great play by Zaza though.

I wish this Zaza would return

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAdaearhCk

Also . . people talk about our playoff run of last year. This may have been the turning point of Game 3 of the Cavs series. I remember being in the stands seeing this, wondering WTF Zaza did to get thrown out. At worst, it should've been a no-call. Zaza was barely inside the semi-circle though. But he didn't foul (ironically) Joe Smith at all.

Edited by northcyde