• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any of the bigs in this upcoming draft worth the risk.

Diesel

• Moderators

I have watched Cousins closely all season and the kid is an absolute beast. His per40 numbers are just ridiculous. He is definitely not Dwight Howard in both good and bad ways. He is skilled offensively and has ridiculously agile footwork for a man his size. He is a good rebounder and solid shotblocker. He will be a low post anchor for some team's offense in the NBA nearly from Day 1. He has really exceeded my expectations for him despite his hype coming out of high school.

He needs to improve his FT%, learn to foul less, and keep working hard as Cal has had him doing this season and he will be an NBA stud that I would definitely invest in over DeAndre Jordan (who I think was an absolute steal for the Clips). Based on his progress to date, I expect his biggest asset will be as a low post offensive player which is a role that always has significant value.

• Premium Member

Cousins would CERTAINLY help us. He's ready to play in the NBA right now. Favors needs to spend another year in school, and that's coming from a GT basketball fan. I just wasn't that impressed with Favors, especially with the hype he got coming into GT. 11ppg and 8rpg just aren't lottery numbers despite his 50+ shooting percentage. Favors has NO moves and no shot and that's a recipe for disaster in the NBA. His potential is through the roof, but he's been too inconsistent.

• Premium Member

I have watched Cousins closely all season and the kid is an absolute beast. His per40 numbers are just ridiculous. He is definitely not Dwight Howard in both good and bad ways. He is skilled offensively and has ridiculously agile footwork for a man his size. He is a good rebounder and solid shotblocker. He will be a low post anchor for some team's offense in the NBA nearly from Day 1. He has really exceeded my expectations for him despite his hype coming out of high school.

He needs to improve his FT%, learn to foul less, and keep working hard as Cal has had him doing this season and he will be an NBA stud that I would definitely invest in over DeAndre Jordan (who I think was an absolute steal for the Clips). Based on his progress to date, I expect his biggest asset will be as a low post offensive player which is a role that always has significant value.

Yeah, I was looking at him and thinking about the possibility of trading somebody to get him. Maybe a SNT of Chillz for him.

• Moderators

Yeah, I was looking at him and thinking about the possibility of trading somebody to get him. Maybe a SNT of Chillz for him.

I think the pick that can draft Cousins will command a lot in a trade - definitely more than Chillz.

• Premium Member

I think the pick that can draft Cousins will command a lot in a trade - definitely more than Chillz.

Yeah. That's my problem.

I don't think he and Wall will go 1 and 2.. but I think he will definitely be top 5. I was thinking if Utah got him.... Maybe we could charm them.. but they are about to drop Boozer. Damn Utah is good.

I would give up Horf for him, but that makes me nervous.

That would be some strong willing and dealing though:

Horf for the #2 pick in the draft.

Hawks Selects Cousins.

Wall and Cousins go 1 and 2.

Go Kentucky!!

Edited by Diesel

I wouldn't trade Horford for Cousins. That would be taking a step back for us. NBA rookies no matter how good take a couple years to develop. Horford is 24, Smoove is 24, Marv 24....with experience. Cousins would be what 21, 22 with no experience. Nah I'll pass. Horford is a beast and we are lucky to have him.

On a sidenote I can't believe Utah gets the NY pick. Some serious knuckleheads in NY. Not only this year's pick but with the trades they made last month, if they don't get one or two top notch free agents, then the Rockets robbed them bad.

Yeah. That's my problem.

I don't think he and Wall will go 1 and 2.. but I think he will definitely be top 5. I was thinking if Utah got him.... Maybe we could charm them.. but they are about to drop Boozer. Damn Utah is good.

I would give up Horf for him, but that makes me nervous.

That would be some strong willing and dealing though:

Horf for the #2 pick in the draft.

Hawks Selects Cousins.

Wall and Cousins go 1 and 2.

Go Kentucky!!

i would absolutely cream if we got cousins here. i'd think it would be more like smoove for cousins, then move horf to pf. besides, i'd be a little nervous to have 2 post players that are a little emotionally unstable (smoove/cousins). cousins has the power and is extremely quick and agile in the post, incredible footwork around the basket. i'm biased, though, in that i'm a uk fan. i love it that uk is starting 3 possible lottery picks (wall, cousins, patterson) plus possibly a fourth first rounder (bledsoe). though it could hurt next year, a 'la unc.

I'm talking Cousins, Favors, Whitesides, Motiejunas.... Maybe even Aldrich.

Are any of those guys better than say... DeAndre Jordan?

realistically, Hawks may be able to get a hometown guy in Gani Lawal out of Georgia Tech. He's a Chris Wilcox kind of player offensively..not too sure about his D but he can block shots off of his athletism alone tho. Projected to go anywhere from 12-18:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/gani-lawal

realistically, Hawks may be able to get a hometown guy in Gani Lawal out of Georgia Tech. He's a Chris Wilcox kind of player offensively..not too sure about his D but he can block shots off of his athletism alone tho. Projected to go anywhere from 12-18:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/gani-lawal

He's one of the more well-conditioned big men I've seen play.. never seems to tire. His stats are deceiving, since GT ran an impatient, 3-jacking, guard-centric offense even though they had 2 world-class big men. *headsmack*.

(Full disclosure: I'm a GT season ticket holder, huge Gawal fan, and Hewitt-loather. Hewitt is like Woody but less successful.)

I'm talking Cousins, Favors, Whitesides, Motiejunas.... Maybe even Aldrich.

Are any of those guys better than say... DeAndre Jordan?

Cousins, Favors, and Aldrich are top 10 picks for sure !

Cousins will not be a shot blocker but he will be a post scorer and rebounder. No reason why he should not be a 20 /10 guy for a decade.

Aldrich will not be much of a scorer but he will rebound and block shots. He is like a Pryzbilla clone in my eyes.

Cousins could be Shaw Kemp. I know some like to compare Smoove to Kemp but Cousins has the girth and shoulders to truely warrant that comparison.

Edited by coachx

He's one of the more well-conditioned big men I've seen play.. never seems to tire. His stats are deceiving, since GT ran an impatient, 3-jacking, guard-centric offense even though they had 2 world-class big men. *headsmack*.

(Full disclosure: I'm a GT season ticket holder, huge Gawal fan, and Hewitt-loather. Hewitt is like Woody but less successful.)

GT is so frustrating to watch.

I feel your pain.

Put Mark Fox as the coach on that team.......with the way he feeds the paint to UGA's big men all game long.............and Tech would be a top 15 team in the country easy.

Big game vs. Maryland tonight. Maryland seems to have their number since they can shoot from outside. For some reason Tech is too easily baited into an up and down game with their back court jacking up jumpers. Just slow it down and pound the paint. Get the opponents front lone in foul trouble by continuely feeding the paint for your mis-matches should be their motto. Some simple Jr. High coaching could put that team over the top.

Cousins, Favors, and Aldrich are top 10 picks for sure !

Cousins will not be a shot blocker but he will be a post scorer and rebounder. No reason why he should not be a 20 /10 guy for a decade.

Aldrich will not be much of a scorer but he will rebound and block shots. He is like a Pryzbilla clone in my eyes.

Cousins could be Shaw Kemp. I know some like to compare Smoove to Kemp but Cousins has the girth and shoulders to truely warrant that comparison.

Wooohhhh !

My bad............I meant to say Favors will be Shawn Kemp.

I saw how Motiejunas plays live, incredibly talented left-hander, who could do everything. He's hard-working guy and he needs some time to adapt to NBA, gain some muscles. But after that Motiejunas could become dominating player in league. If be optimistic - maybe better then Horford.

• Premium Member

I have to flip-flop on my opinion of Favors. The guy was an absolute beast in the ACC Tourney and looked like the best NBA prospect on the floor most of the time. It's hard to compare his game to any current NBA players, but he kinda reminds me of a young Antonio McDyess.

I have to flip-flop on my opinion of Favors. The guy was an absolute beast in the ACC Tourney and looked like the best NBA prospect on the floor most of the time. It's hard to compare his game to any current NBA players, but he kinda reminds me of a young Antonio McDyess.

Shawn Kemp all the way baby ! The young version that is...........not the 300 pound 30 year old version.

A young McDeysse is a good comparison too.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Shawn Kemp all the way baby ! The young version that is...........not the 300 pound 30 year old version.

A young McDeysse is a good comparison too.

I can go with a young Shawn Kemp. But Kemp seemed a little more versatile and maybe a tad more explosive. I got a good feeling about Tech in the Tourney this year, especially if Shumpert can get his offense together to go along with Lawal and Favors in the frontcourt.

BTW, everyone stop hating on Hewitt!!!