• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

~HERO MODE~ fails...(again) and SMOOVE comes to the rescue.

MVP23

Looking at the crunch time stats it makes it clear who the better option is down the stretch:

JJ .491 efg% on the season. Crawford .524 efg% on the season.

JJ shoots a .511 eFG% in 4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points according to 82games

Crawford shoots an abysmal .271 eFG% in 4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points according to 82games.

Pretty much. About the only thing people may say, is that JJ doesn't make the FINAL shot in a game. But he's made shots in close games down the stretch to try to keep us in a game, or to keep a lead.

Hmmm . . so JJ is at .511 efg% huh? I wonder where the other star players around the league rank.

Boozer: .600

Amare: .585

Billups: .559

Lebron: .553

Johnson: .511

Nash: .507

Roy: .500

Nowitzki: .486

Kobe: .484

Ginoboli: 467

Rose: .467

Pierce: .453

T. Evans: .436

Curry: .431

Durant: .431

R. Gay: 424

Carter: .415

Iguodala: .413

Bosh: .410

Melo: .389

Ellis: .395

Deron: .368

Duncan: .359

Wade: .349

Granger: .310

Clutch shooting amongst the top 6 Hawks:

Williams: .556 ( 9.2 pts/per48 . . . 60% assisted )

Horford: .548 ( 18.5 pts/per48 . . . 59% assisted )

Johnson: .511 ( 40 pts/per48 . . . 21% assisted )

Smoove: .421 ( 16 pts/per48 . . . 69% assisted )

Bibby: .393 ( 10.8 pts/per48 . . . 75% assisted )

Crawford: .272 ( 18.3 pts/per48 . . . 27% assisted )

Edited by northcyde

Pretty much. About the only thing people may say, is that JJ doesn't make the FINAL shot in a game. But he's made shots in close games down the stretch to try to keep us in a game, or to keep a lead.

Hmmm . . so JJ is at .511 efg% huh? I wonder where the other star players around the league rank.

Boozer: .600

Amare: .585

Billups: .559

Lebron: .553

Johnson: .511

Nash: .507

Roy: .500

Nowitzki: .486

Kobe: .484

Ginoboli: 467

Rose: .467

Pierce: .453

T. Evans: .436

Curry: .431

Durant: .431

R. Gay: 424

Carter: .415

Iguodala: .413

Bosh: .410

Melo: .389

Ellis: .395

Deron: .368

Duncan: .359

Wade: .349

Granger: .310

Come on now you know you can't the facts get in the way of a good argument.

I can't stand the way the Hawks offense slows down to isos in the 4th quarter but the notion that JJ isn't a clutch player is just wrong. If anything i would guess the first has been his worst quarter, especially last season.

Just wanted to emphasize this -- and I don't want to send the wrong message because I am for both Craw and Joe and I feel like we need them both cooking in order to make any noise in the playoffs (unless Woody is waiting to unveil his new offense in the playoffs).

So how is it that Crawford is so much more clutch than JJ? And everyone around here needs to just chillax and support both guys because it's obvious they can co-exist...it's like you have to pick one or the other.

Edited by jhay610

• Moderators

Where are you guys getting your clutch stats from?

The numbers I posted were from 82 games clutch shooting stats. They offer efg% on jumpers and inside shots for the last 5 minutes, etc. as I described above. I simply merged the efg% for inside shots and jumpers (using weighted averages based on % of attempts) into a single efg% figure for shot with less than 5 minutes, etc.

For example:

Al Hoford Clutch Play - (4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points)

http://www.82games.com/0910/09ATL11.HTM#clutch

Jumpers - 58% of clutch attempts at .333 efg%

Inside Shots - 42% of clutch attempts at .846 efg%

.58*.333 efg%+.32*.800 efg%=..548 combined efg% on fga during 4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points

It's not what he said that I don't agree with, its the manner in which he says it.

What am I supposed to do? "Hey guys....I love the team, but Joe...ehhh he is really pissing me off"

What am I supposed to do? "Hey guys....I love the team, but Joe...ehhh he is really pissing me off"

You don't have to make new threads saying the same thing over and over again. It's like Lebron flopping, crying, and whining for free calls or attention over and over again.

Edited by Supporter

You don't have to make new threads saying the same thing over and over again.

Fine then. Every time Joe goes into ~HERO MODE~ and we lose, I will bring this up, but this is very hypocritical since there were like 10 Marvin threads active at the same time a few weeks ago.(many by diesel.)

Fine then. Every time Joe goes into ~HERO MODE~ and we lose, I will bring this up, but this is very hypocritical since there were like 10 Marvin threads active at the same time a few weeks ago.(many by diesel.)

People always rag on Diesel for hating on Marvin.

That doesn't stop him from doing it, and it won't stop me from "hating" on Joe. I'll tone it down a little for the playoffs, but.....

Weren't you like NEVER SUPPOSED TO POST AGAIN AND DISAPPEAR after that fabulous Marv prediction a few weeks back. QUITE HATIN, JOE'S THE MAN AIGHT.

Weren't you like NEVER SUPPOSED TO POST AGAIN AND DISAPPEAR after that fabulous Marv prediction a few weeks back. QUITE HATIN, JOE'S THE MAN AIGHT.

I also remember reading about several wagers with one of MVP's key elements of his reproductive system on the line. I don't trust a man who would bet on something like that, no matter how sure the bet. You never know what a guy like that may be up to.

To that end, what say you, MVP? Are you singing and octave or two higher now?

• Like 1