• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Holman replays

macdaddy

• Moderators

Can you hear replays of Holman's announcing anywhere. He was friggin hilarious in the 4th. It made it sound like the Magic were getting every call in crunch time. "the young ref swallowed his whistle" "he was too scared to make a call so he turned his head"

But his best call was the Hawks fumbling the ball away:

"Smoove behind the back. Its stolen! ........... Behind the back pass is stolen..oh boy"

Not sure about replays but Holman is indeed hilarious. I remember listening to a game in the car that I was recording where Holman was killing the refs for a lack of calls and after the game was over I went back and watched the part I heard in the car. It definitely wasn't as bad as Holman made it seem. I thought the Hawks were getting suplexed and DDT'd when they went into the hole the way Holman was describing it.

The best is vs the Heat last year in the playoffs.

I was in Athens, GA listening to the infamous Game 3 call by Holmam.

"The Heat are resorting to thuggery." Hilarious.

And before that game, he was KILLING Marvin for not suiting up. Basically telling the dude that this is the PLAYOFFS. A hurt hand shouldn't be keeping you out of the playoffs. It wasn't malicious, just a sarcastic attack. It was funny though. Someone in the Hawks production team definitely needs to slice Holman's play-by-play with the visual action, and create some video clips of his calls.

I love Steve's calls. I really wish he was our TV play by play guy. Bob Rathbun is lame. Maybe the radio and tv guys could switch. Nique is dreadful....

"Heat Check"

"They got nimbers"

"You gotta score more points to win this game Bob"

It's really tough to watch a broadcast with those two. Steve Holman on the other hand seems to know the game well and more importantly is extremely passionate about the Hawks. Why not move him to TV? Just for sheer entertainment purposes at least?

• Premium Member

I love Steve's calls. I really wish he was our TV play by play guy. Bob Rathbun is lame. Maybe the radio and tv guys could switch. Nique is dreadful....

"Heat Check"

"They got nimbers"

"You gotta score more points to win this game Bob"

It's really tough to watch a broadcast with those two. Steve Holman on the other hand seems to know the game well and more importantly is extremely passionate about the Hawks. Why not move him to TV? Just for sheer entertainment purposes at least?

have you seen Holman in person? trust me dude has a face for radio.

I really think that Bob is actually a witty, sarcastic guy, but he holds back for some reason. Maybe the standards are a little looser on radio than on television? Every once in a while you see/hear it slip through.

For example, my favorite call by Bob ever was a few years back:

"Antoine Walker looks like somebody just stole his sucker."

Loved it.

Edited by HawkRock1123