• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When you loose to a 26-47 team...

frankthetank966

You know something is wrong when you loose to a 26-47 team. Whether it's lack of coaching, players inability to open a game with energy or players inability to take a game seriously. Either way, the Hawks are currently the fourth seed in the eastern conference, could potentially win 50 games and in a long-shot - could win their division.

However, if they continue to play like this they will be lucky if they advance past the first round. Right now, they don't seem to care when they play against under .500 teams such as Phiilly and New York Knicks. All that is evident is they come to play and put their heart out against teams like San Antonio and most recently the Magic.

We need to get our act together, whoever is to blame is really unknown because none of us play or are the lockeroom with these guys.

Edited by frankthetank966

• Premium Member

You know something is wrong when you loose to a 26-47 team. Whether it's lack of coaching, players inability to open a game with energy or players inability to take a game seriously. Either way, the Hawks are currently the fourth seed in the eastern conference, could potentially win 50 games and in a long-shot - could win their division.

However, if they continue to play like this they will be lucky if they advance past the first round. Right now, they don't seem to care when they play against under .500 teams such as Phiilly and New York Knicks. All that is evident is they come to play and put their heart out against teams like San Antonio and most recently the Magic.

We need to get our act together, whoever is to blame is really unknown because none of us play or are the lockeroom with these guys.

I think you chalk this up to every dog has it's day.

Philly may have a terrible record, but they are not untalented.

Jrue Holliday damn near had a triple double on us with 7 steals.

Brand is still good.

Jason Smith is coming around.

AI is good too.

Dalembert even challenged our guys inside scoring (which to me is a bigger problem for this team.).

I think that we came out, played with no energy. Put up a good fight in the early fourth but lost the fight down the stretch. Our shooters haven't been hitting shots and when Josh and Horf are having problems scoring inside, we are susceptible to lose. I think Woody should tinker with Joe Smith playing more. We have to find somebody who can play inside when our starters are off.

I also believe that we got to move on offense.

I think you chalk this up to every dog has it's day.

Philly may have a terrible record, but they are not untalented.

Jrue Holliday damn near had a triple double on us with 7 steals.

Brand is still good.

Jason Smith is coming around.

AI is good too.

Dalembert even challenged our guys inside scoring (which to me is a bigger problem for this team.).

I think that we came out, played with no energy. Put up a good fight in the early fourth but lost the fight down the stretch. Our shooters haven't been hitting shots and when Josh and Horf are having problems scoring inside, we are susceptible to lose. I think Woody should tinker with Joe Smith playing more. We have to find somebody who can play inside when our starters are off.

I also believe that we got to move on offense.

jrue Holliday is going to be a good player. He kept getting his hands on the ball causing turnovers last night. I see why philly drafted him instead of Ty Lawson. The guy has alot of potential to be very good in this league.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Intensity seems to be a missing ingredient for our starting five.

Then, our 6th man of the year has gone cold. Right now he can't

find his own donkey with both hands, a flashlight and a map.

I'm sure it's very hard to always be up, every game for 82 games.

All that travel, all that hard work, which it is and facing a team that

you have no reason to become stressed out with. All this adds up

to what we've been seeing of late.

Expect more of the same as we near the playoffs. Then, we just

hope they can "turn it on" at that time.

:cant believe:

When you lose games like this down the stretch while jockeying for playoff position with our core being as young as it is and having been together as long as it has . It tell me that we are coming to the end of the road for the starting lineup and maybe even Woody . It should tell Sund this also and I think there will be major changes this offseason .

When you lose games like this down the stretch while jockeying for playoff position with our core being as young as it is and having been together as long as it has . It tell me that we are coming to the end of the road for the starting lineup and maybe even Woody . It should tell Sund this also and I think there will be major changes this offseason .

No.. it was one game. Not the end of the world.

I am positive Sund will wait until the conclusion of the Hawks' playoff run before making any decisions like that, particularly in light of all he has done the past couple of offseasons to keep the core together. He will not be deliberating on the direction of the franchise based off a road loss in late March.

• Premium Member

jrue Holliday is going to be a good player. He kept getting his hands on the ball causing turnovers last night. I see why philly drafted him instead of Ty Lawson. The guy has alot of potential to be very good in this league.

I always thought it was Collison who was the defender and Holliday who was the scorer...

• Premium Member

I think that we missed out on an opportunity to get Stackhouse. Even though I don't think we have a lot of room in Woody's backcourt rotation, I think Stack is a good guy who can teach these guys how to pace themselves... and help them do that.

I think Woody should be feeling some heat, even though he has a great record this year. Woody's going to expect more money and Sund may feel that Woody should get more out of this team. It all depends on where we end in the playoffs.

Now that the Hawks are a legitimate good team it seems like they feel "above" playing hard against weaker teams.

That's what I think it is. They believe that they're better than what they really are. I think some of the young guys do like some of our fans do, and believe their press clippings a little too much. Or whenever we beat a real good team ( usually at home ), that we should just be able to go out and beat lesser teams without giving maximum effort.

Doesn't work like that fellas. The Hawks are the HUNTED now. These lesser teams look at us as "elite" ( even if we're not ), and will jacked up to play us ( especially when we're on their home court ).

And it's not a coaching phenomenon. This is all on the players, when it comes to intensity and taking teams serious. Utah and Denver play the same way. Utah had somewhat control of the Indiana game last night, and put it in cruise control. Then Granger and Murphy started making shots, and Utah couldn't flip the switch back on. Before it was all said and done, Indiana had gone on a 28 - 3 run, and had a double-digit lead. Jerry Sloan stays on Utah about their play on the road, but they're notorious for losing games like that. And he's a Hall of Fame coach.

And Denver is worse.

The Hawks are going to have to start playing against everybody like the opponent are the Celtics. This is the NBA. When we were terrible 4 years ago, we didn't lay down and die for teams coming into Philips Arena on most nights. So the Hawks of today can't expect that from these other teams.

No.. it was one game. Not the end of the world.

I didnt say it was the end of the world . The fact that you think if we make moves and try to improve IT WOULD BE CONSIDERED AS THINKING ITS THE END OF THE WORLD is strange . This is not about one game but the quarter of the games theyve played this season where they have played exactly like they did last night . They play like they have plateaued .Everyone now is about getting numbers except Marvin who has already gotten paid more than his numbers say hes worth. I dont know if the agents are pushing them or what .

On one end you have Joe playing for a max deal on the other end Al is starting to get media attention and individual honors so now Smoove is left out in the cold and maybe the agents are in the ear of both with talk of endorsement deals if they establish themselves as the man if Joe leaves. It just seems to me that since the all star break this team isnt that together anymore . Its gonna be an interesting month of April./

• Premium Member

When we were terrible 4 years ago, we didn't lay down and die for teams coming into Philips Arena on most nights. So the Hawks of today can't expect that from these other teams.

Teams like Philly, Indiana, and NJ are dangerous for this very reason. They have pride, They are not looking at the lottery, and they are talented. You really can't find a weak position on Philly's team. Both Iguodala and Holliday almost got triple doubles on us last night. That's pride. We helped.