• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

According to Espn we are basically stuck in the 4th seed

WraithSentinel

It won't matter if we have a better record than the Celts. Division winners get the top 3 seeds. I thought this wasn't allowed in the NBA. It appears that is the case. Basically are locked in at the 4th seed. In short the Hawks could start sitting guys now to rest up for the playoffs. I believe our magic # is now 4 to clinch the 4th seed.

If we are tied, then they get the 3rd seed for being div. winners. If we have a better record, than we get the 3rd seed. Winning a division is the first tiebreaker, then head -to - head.

^This is the answer. I believe it was Hubie Brown, who commented during the Celtics game, that that rule should be changed if we end up with the same record because the Hawks have drilled BOS 4-0 in the regular season.

bonethugz- that used to be how the rule works but not anymore. I think the OP just misunderstood what ESPN said. they ahve been all over the correct rule. if the Hawks and celtics finish tied then winning the division is the first tiebreaker. But if the Hawks finish with the better record then the hawks would get the first seed.