• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are not going to get any help from the Bobcats

Blunt91

I am looking at the Bobcats/Magic game and the Magic are having their way with the. cats. Nazr Mohammed can't guard Dwight and probably none of the rest of their bigmen. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bobcats get swepted. I hate to say it but the same fate the Bobcats will suffer awaits our beloved Hawks..

Edited by Blunt91

Actually, we are getting a lot of help from the cats....they are showing us how to attack the Magic.

That is....to attack the paint with reckless abandon, driving, rebounding and being aggressive in the paint.

Besides Dwight and maybe Matt Barnes, the Magic is not a very aggressive, tough team. We would have to turn up our aggressiveness to beat them.

Teague and Mo could help, because both can get in the lane and get in the chest of Dwight and if they got a few offensive fouls it woudn't hurt us.

Edited by swolehawk2

Clev is more of a threat to us than the Magic.. We can beat them in a 7 game series. The Cavs are another story though..

What makes you so confident? Aside from that last W vs. them @ Philips (which took a miracle finish...), they had an average margin of victory against us in our previous 5 games of 26 points or something like that.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't write the Bobcats off after one game. Orlando has more talent obviously but i don't think the Cats are going to lay down for them.

One thing you can say about almost every one of Larry Brown's teams is that those guys play hard as f*** for him. The Bobcats are probably one of the top 5 least talented offenses in the NBA but those guys play like they are possessed and somehow find a way to compete with almost every team they play. I guess it helps to have Gerald Wallace who is a lunatic, and Stephen Jackson who has no consciousness on the team, but still it takes a coach to recognize what type of players will give it their all and Larry Brown has helped bring in a lot of those type of guys since he got there. Plus consider that the guy can get Diaw to look like he cares out there, and you gotta tip your cap to him.

• Premium Member

Actually, we are getting a lot of help from the cats....they are showing us how to attack the Magic.

That is....to attack the paint with reckless abandon, driving, rebounding and being aggressive in the paint.

Besides Dwight and maybe Matt Barnes, the Magic is not a very aggressive, tough team. We would have to turn up our aggressiveness to beat them.

Teague and Mo could help, because both can get in the lane and get in the chest of Dwight and if they got a few offensive fouls it woudn't hurt us.

The problem is that we don't have the personnel to do that. We are a finesse team. I think our mode of attack is going to have to be to stop their perimeter scoring. We can't like Lewis and Nelson get off on us the way they started on the Cats. Offensively, Horf is going to have to play a man's game. So is Smoove. The biggest advantage that we have is that Smoove is not intimidated by Howard. They are close friends. But let's beat the deer first...

The problem is that we don't have the personnel to do that. We are a finesse team. I think our mode of attack is going to have to be to stop their perimeter scoring. We can't like Lewis and Nelson get off on us the way they started on the Cats. Offensively, Horf is going to have to play a man's game. So is Smoove. The biggest advantage that we have is that Smoove is not intimidated by Howard. They are close friends. But let's beat the deer first...

Agreed. I more worried about how to stop a rookie PG than anyone else right now. Let's hope game one was a mirage....