• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: Atlanta Hawks: ASG’s Michael Gearon Jr. Talks Hawks

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

Talked to ASG’s Michael Gearon Jr for a playoffs preview story last week. Couldn’t get everything in, so here are some excerpts from the interview:

Michael Gearon, Jr. (Brant Sanderlin/AJC)

Michael Gearon, Jr. (Brant Sanderlin/AJC)

On the season

“It is good. I’ve been around the franchise since I was a kid. For us, when we came in here it was all about trying to build a team through the draft with a core group of guys, a young team. The goal we've had is get better every year. The goal this year is to move up from where we were last year. This is our third year in playoffs, and its’ not about making the playoffs. It's about going as far as we can as a team.

“We've got a bunch of guys that believe in themselves, and when we are playing the right way we are as good as any team in the league. I've been waiting for this day since the end of last season, as a fan. Our your guys have matured, they are used to the playoffs.”

On Woody’s performance

“He’s done a good job. Getting the third seed, 53 wins, each year we keep …

View the full article

• Like 1

• Moderators
“Any owner that meddles with coaches and players, that’s a mistake. We have become a franchise that has become a standard for, we are loyal to our coaches, loyal to our GM, loyal to our players."

Somewhere BK is rolling his eyes. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif