• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to sell draft pick; cooling on Woodson?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Yahoo!

Nevertheless, the possibility of Brown coaching the 76ers could rest largely on how things play out with the Hawks. There’s been a cool relationship between management and Woodson, and sources say that the organization’s priority isn’t to reward him with an expensive contract extension. The Hawks are pooling resources to get maximum money available for Joe Johnson. The message has been made clear to the Hawks: Offer Johnson a max contract extension on July 1, and they’re likely to keep him.

Sources say that this is the reason Atlanta is willing to sell its first-round pick for $3 million this summer, and the reason that they’ll likely offer no more than a three-year contract for $1.8 to $2 million a year to a possible Woodson successor. Woodson could expect a bigger offer to stay on the job, but perhaps not by much. For Woodson, the 76ers could offer leverage to leave, but he would have to weigh leaving a legitimate Eastern Conference contender for a flawed roster in Philadelphia.

Yuck all around...

• Premium Member

Yahoo!

Yuck all around...

Kinda like the Hawks were intent on signing a first-time GM to save money two years ago? And were dangling their first rounder for cash and Marvin Williams in a sign-and-trade for cash last summer? There's a source (or sources) out there who gives reporters stories about eminent cost-cutting moves by the Hawks every year. Not one of them has come to fruition. And since ESPN and Yahoo "columnists" aren't subject to the same sourcing standards as traditional journalists, they can print based on rumors started by interested parties or people who don't know what they're talking about. The days of Jimmy Cannon are long gone...

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

Wojnarowski is credible by NBA standards.

That's like saying a Congressman is honest by political standards. :snowballfight:

Edited by niremetal

Never heard of Adreian Wojnarowski, but I hope he gets a severe rash for reporting this true or not. Why did the city even allow these people position of power if they were going to half *ss it.

Edited by Kimsey

I was listen to ESPN Radio today. I don't know the ESPN Expert that was speaking at the time but he said this could happen.

Larry is not going to coach the 76ers. He will go there to be in the upper official. He could take Woody with him to coach if the ASC try to lowball Woody.

Right now, I'm saying TAKE HIS BUTT! Please! Maybe by Sunday I will have a change of heart. LOL

I'm sorry but for Woody not to put West or Teague on Jennings shows me he coaches just like his players are playing..... no to take an L. I want a coach who is playing to win. Winning means you have to take chances sometime.

I remember them asking Hubie or Jeff (I think) who would they put on the Hawks team to guard D-Wade. He said "Mario but he never gets playing time" Then they all started laughing. It was like they know Woody is doing a bad job.

For Woodson, the 76ers could offer leverage to leave, but he would have to weigh leaving a legitimate Eastern Conference contender for a flawed roster in Philadelphia.

Jrue Holiday pissed his pants when he read that.