• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dump JJ, and get a real star...

nyte3k

This is ridiculous... Joe Johnson is not worth how much we pay him now and after this series, not worth a max deal. If we're willing to pay this guy that kind of money, we should get a real star, like a Wade, or even Lebron or something...at least we will guarantee more ticket sales.

If I had my way the following people would be gone... Zaza, Joe Johnson, Bibby, and of course Woodson. I would like a stronger center than Zaza who by the way can't ever seen to handle the ball, score layups, or get rebounds...we need a dunker. Joe Johnson... he is not a leader, doesn't appear to want to be a leader, enough said. Bibby...he's getting up there in age, and this season was not his greatest, we could use a quicker more versatile PG. And Woodson is a terrible coach who cannot seem to change strategies. We are also a team that seems to NEVER come back from large deficients unlike many of our opponents we faced.

I wasn't actually surprised by the loss tonight, and hope we lose Friday...maybe that would get the Hawks management as pissed as the fans to make some real moves this off-season. I just know if JJ and Woodson are back on our team next season, i think I'll have to spend my ticket money on something of more value, like maybe an iTunes song purchase.

I also need Josh Smith to hit the gym and lose a few more pounds and become a better free throw shooter. Marvin and Horford need to play like tonight EVERY GAME. This off-season will really tell if the owners are shooting for mediocrity to just make the playoffs and "see what happens" or striving for actually being a championship contender.

It would be a good idea, but we ain't got no f**king money.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

We could get rid of a few more players move some things around...hell get in debt. With one of those players we'll sell more tickets and make up the difference that way.

Zaza, Marvin, and Bibby contract ain't worth s*** because we signed them last season. Horford is still on his rookie contract. Crawful in his last season under contract, so trading him is pointless unless it's for an impact player in a package deal. We're in a 1958 Volkswagen and just got in an accident with a Ford F-150. We don't have a chance unless it's trading Smith or Crawful.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

A new coach with an offensive mind will run this team up and down the court. If we can sign Joe to a reasonable contract , I think we should , but no way in hell do we continue to run the offense exclusively through Joe . If hes hot , get him the ball , if not rotate the ball to the hot hand . Would love to see some inside strength and move Horford to PF

Zaza, Marvin, and Bibby contract ain't worth s*** because we signed them last season. Horford is still on his rookie contract. Crawful in his last season under contract, so trading him is pointless unless it's for an impact player in a package deal. We're in a 1958 Volkswagen and just got in an accident with a Ford F-150. We don't have a chance unless it's trading Smith or Crawful.

Hehe, with a drunk driver (Woody) behind the wheel.

• Like 1

Get a real coach. Woodson has shown consistently for 5 years now that he is incapable of making adjustments. Skiles has embarrassed him.

The game is all about mismatches. Skiles has exploited our bs switching defense to get the mismatch he wants time and time and time again and Woodson refuses to adjust. On the other side of the floor, the Hawks have HUGE mismatches up front and we refuse to exploit them in the 4th quarter.

Newsflash, Woody: Salmons on Joe is not a mismatch. Ilyasova on Al or Ridnour on Marv IS.

This is ridiculous... Joe Johnson is not worth how much we pay him now and after this series, not worth a max deal. If we're willing to pay this guy that kind of money, we should get a real star, like a Wade, or even Lebron or something...at least we will guarantee more ticket sales.

If I had my way the following people would be gone... Zaza, Joe Johnson, Bibby, and of course Woodson. I would like a stronger center than Zaza who by the way can't ever seen to handle the ball, score layups, or get rebounds...we need a dunker. Joe Johnson... he is not a leader, doesn't appear to want to be a leader, enough said. Bibby...he's getting up there in age, and this season was not his greatest, we could use a quicker more versatile PG. And Woodson is a terrible coach who cannot seem to change strategies. We are also a team that seems to NEVER come back from large deficients unlike many of our opponents we faced.

I wasn't actually surprised by the loss tonight, and hope we lose Friday...maybe that would get the Hawks management as pissed as the fans to make some real moves this off-season. I just know if JJ and Woodson are back on our team next season, i think I'll have to spend my ticket money on something of more value, like maybe an iTunes song purchase.

I also need Josh Smith to hit the gym and lose a few more pounds and become a better free throw shooter. Marvin and Horford need to play like tonight EVERY GAME. This off-season will really tell if the owners are shooting for mediocrity to just make the playoffs and "see what happens" or striving for actually being a championship contender.

It's not Joe's fault.

Get a real coach. Woodson has shown consistently for 5 years now that he is incapable of making adjustments. Skiles has embarrassed him.

The game is all about mismatches. Skiles has exploited our bs switching defense to get the mismatch he wants time and time and time again and Woodson refuses to adjust. On the other side of the floor, the Hawks have HUGE mismatches up front and we refuse to exploit them in the 4th quarter.

Newsflash, Woody: Salmons on Joe is not a mismatch. Ilyasova on Al or Ridnour on Marv IS.

We do not have the size to play straight up on defense. In order for Smith to be effective on defense at PF, he needs to be a switching defense or playing next to a true Center. The problem is that Horford is the same way. We have two PF's who can't play any other way unless one is traded. Like I said at the beginning of the season, we will never win anything major with those two in the post.

I'm unhappy with the loss and really dissappointed and I agree to with some of your points but please name me the real star who we are supposed to get and how you propose we get said star with the money we don't have.

I'm unhappy with the loss and really dissappointed and I agree to with some of your points but please name me the real star who we are supposed to get and how you propose we get said star with the money we don't have.

I will admit that I don't have any answers for that...but the team in its current state will fruit nothing in the long run. I'm just hoping someone up top can be creative and come up with a stellar team for next season.

We do not have the size to play straight up on defense. In order for Smith to be effective on defense at PF, he needs to be a switching defense or playing next to a true Center. The problem is that Horford is the same way. We have two PF's who can't play any other way unless one is traded. Like I said at the beginning of the season, we will never win anything major with those two in the post.

The Thunder isn't a team loaded with size.

The Thunder isn't a team loaded with size.

Their half court offense is a lot better because they have two centers(Kristic and Collison) and Durant is an unstoppable force. We have neither. We lack size, we knew this last season but this season we forgot because Al and Smith are very good.

I will admit that I don't have any answers for that...but the team in its current state will fruit nothing in the long run. I'm just hoping someone up top can be creative and come up with a stellar team for next season.

at least you are honest enough to admit you don't know...because I like you realize that the team as constructed there is still something missing....I'm still optimistic that we will be back for game 7 on Sunday :angel19:

Their half court offense is a lot better because they have two centers(Kristic and Collison) and Durant is an unstoppable force. We have neither. We lack size, we knew this last season but this season we forgot because Al and Smith are very good.

Kristic is a jumpshooting Zaza and Collison is 6'8" but yes I do agree that Durant and their defense at PG makes a big difference.

Kristic is a jumpshooting Zaza and Collison is 6'8" but yes I do agree that Durant and their defense at PG makes a big difference.

Kristic offensive game maybe that but his defense is average overall for a Center. Zaza's man D is better but his help side and PnR D is awful and Zaza plays small. Collison is 6'10 260. Try again. Obviously I agree with the last statement.

Those two guys aren't even that good. This season Coillison is averaging 5PPG and 5RPG and Nenad is averaging 8PPG and 5RPG. Those two guys are barely more productive than Al together. Collison averages over 3 fouls per game in only 20 minutes. He isn't some kind of defensive force. Same for Nenad.

Size is only good if the player uses it. The Thunder aren't better on defense because of Collison's 5PPG and 3 fouls in 20MPG. Sorry. They're better coached. That's the difference.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Those two guys aren't even that good. This season Coillison is averaging 5PPG and 5RPG and Nenad is averaging 8PPG and 5RPG. Those two guys are barely more productive than Al together. Collison averages over 3 fouls per game in only 20 minutes. He isn't some kind of defensive force. Same for Nenad.

Size is only good if the player uses it. The Thunder aren't better on defense because of Collison's 5PPG and 3 fouls in 20MPG. Sorry. They're better coached. That's the difference.

They are true centers which is the only thing I was enforcing. I don't think Horford or Smith would super effective with either of those two starting but you can play straight up without switching. Come on with the stats, you and I both know that Durant and Westbrook dominate the ball like no other. Not saying that Nenad stats would be awesome but give them some due. Thomas is old and slow, but Al can't do much with him because of the size and strength advantage.

Scott Brooks had a great year but your giving him too much credit. Without Durant, that team is worst than Cleveland without Lebron. Durant is the main reason that team is so tough. Brooks just happens to have Durant and Westbrook PG skills is very weak, talented player but needs seasoning on offense. I still would take Woody over Brooks. I want Woody gone because there is no excuse for that many blown leads but overall he's better to me.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

They are true centers which is the only thing I was enforcing. I don't think Horford or Smith would super effective with either of those two starting but you can play straight up without switching. Come on with the stats, you and I both know that Durant and Westbrook dominate the ball like no other. Not saying that Nenad stats would be awesome but give them some due. Thomas is old and slow, but Al can't do much with him because of the size and strength advantage.

Al can't do much with Kurt because he's not a reliable player and his offensive game is predictable. It's going to be hard for that to get better since the team doesn't practice offense. Collison might be a true center, but he is still a mediocre player. The size between Al and Kurt isn't that extreme. If Al can't outplay him then he surely doesn't mean to be an all star. Kurt Thomas is more of a power forward himself.

I'm talking about mainly defense here though. The Thunder prove you don't need big talented centers to be a good defensive team.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Al can't do much with Kurt because he's not a reliable player and his offensive game is predictable. It's going to be hard for that to get better since the team doesn't practice offense. Collison might be a true center, but he is still a mediocre player. The size between Al and Kurt isn't that extreme. If Al can't outplay him then he surely doesn't mean to be an all star. Kurt Thomas is more of a power forward himself.

I'm talking about mainly defense here though. The Thunder prove you don't need big talented centers to be a good defensive team.

His offensive game is not that predictable, his flow is but so is Lebron's. Only Kobe, Roy, and Melo have extremely difficult flows to defenders. Collison rides the bench so, big deal. It is to be honest, using the eye test, Thomas has about 30 pounds on Horford and his lower body is stout like Zaza's. Horford lower body is lean like a young Karl Malone. Thomas is more of a Center at this point, in fact has been for the last five seasons.

Who said we needed big talented Centers. I just said we need true Centers who can start. Kristic is one of the them. I would prefer an offensive mind true center for Smoove (Okur). I would prefer a shot blocking true Center for Horford (M. Eaton or S. Bradley types). Like I would like Sam D. at center next to Al if we had a true PG who is an elite player or elite playmaker. I would like offensive minded center next to Smith with a superstar SG who can take on the #1 scoring role. I wouldn't mind an elite playmaker with Smoove either if that's the route your going to go. I'm unsure about Smoove PnR potential but his defense would be top notch either way.

Edited by nbasuperstar40