• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN: Fan yells "Bye-Bye" at Woodson.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300428001

The Bucks ran out the final seconds and celebrated with chest bumps in the center of Philips Arena, while the Hawks straggled to the locker room, hearing nothing but boos from a sellout crowd of 19,304.

"Bye-bye, Woody!" someone shouted at Atlanta coach Mike Woodson, whose contract is up at the end of a season that now finds itself in one loss-and-done mode.

Someone is my hero...

Rumor has it that it was our resident poster JackB1...

:stirthepot:

(If it wasn't, I know he was thinking it!)

No it wasn't me, but I WOULD have yelled it if I had the chance. I was so disgusted with the way we threw away that

9 point lead that I left with about 40 seconds left when we were forced to foul. I couldn't stand to watch anymore

and was so fuming mad at that point, I had to get out of the building before I got arrested for choking Mike Woodson.

No it wasn't me, but I WOULD have yelled it if I had the chance. I was so disgusted with the way we threw away that

9 point lead that I left with about 40 seconds left when we were forced to foul. I couldn't stand to watch anymore

and was so fuming mad at that point, I had to get out of the building before I got arrested for choking Mike Woodson.

You should of done it I so would of bailed you out.

• Premium Member

I went to the Hawks-Sixers game in Philly back in November. I got great seats a few rows behind the visitor's bench from StubHub. There was a guy a few rows away who screamed at and heckled Woody throughout the game. When he started heading up the aisle to leave, I shook his hand and said "any heckler of Woody's is a friend of mine."

• Moderators

THAT WAS ME! I promise. I keep yelling it at the end of the game. Saying bye bye woody... I mean they may not be quoting me but I was saying the exact thing. I was hoping to get a chant going.

I knew someone here was carrying that banner. Way to go frankthetank!

I knew someone here was carrying that banner. Way to go frankthetank!

I was getting all these weird looks from fans for two reasons. A) With the exception of fans on this forum, most Atlanta Hawks fans are not knowledgeable about the team and are bandwagon fans B) Atlanta fans are too polite and freak out when people start shouting "you suck Woody" or "Fire woody" or "Bye bye wooody" I want to listen to the final minutes of the game. I was sitting 3 rows behind the front row on court. Maybe I can be heard.

I swear it was me. I sit section 116, row C, right behind the bench - and started yelling "bye bye woody!" as he walked off. He wouldn't even look up, just kept staring at the ground as he walked into the tunnel. I heard others yelling behind me as well, so there were a few people getting their frustrations out.

• Premium Member

I swear it was me. I sit section 116, row C, right behind the bench - and started yelling "bye bye woody!" as he walked off. He wouldn't even look up, just kept staring at the ground as he walked into the tunnel. I heard others yelling behind me as well, so there were a few people getting their frustrations out.

Hahahhaa. Go 'Squawk!

Like I said, I chanted the same thing. It probably was you though. I sit in the club.