• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can the Hawks WIN Games 6&7?

JTB

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im going to have to say No. Reason is because I have lost all faith and we play like we dont even trust each other and we act as if we cant score or play defense at some point of the game. were clearly being outcoached. were taking dumbass shots.....................man Im just losing sleep over this one, I really am!!! We are clearly the better team and more talented!!!! I hate to say this about my favorite basketball team the ATL Hawks but none of our guys have HEART or HUSTLE. I am one depressed Hawks Fan!!! Thanks ATL for ruining the playoffs for me!!! I rather had seen yall get swept in round 2 than this bullsh*t! Now we are embrassed as fans and yall are the laughing stock of the NBA right now. Im praying that the Hawks win these next 2 games but i dont see it happening and im just being real! Im sorry but my faith in the hawks is gon at this point! I guess I just shouldnt have expected much out of this team I guess 53 wins really didnt mean that they had improved.

Im praying we win the next 2 games I really am but even as a true fan im doubting the team I love!!! We need a blessing ATL from the heavens above!!! Last but not least in a soft but not loud tone let's go hawks.

Edited by JTB

I said "maybe".

JJ and Crawford have some redeeming to do.

What you might see in Game 6, is the Bucks come out completely overconfident, and actually play erratic basketball at the beginning of the game. If the Hawks have any type of pride to them, they'll come out focused and ready to play. No joking around. None of that ish. They'll be all business come Friday night.

JJ has been excellent throughout the series, so he needs to make up for his Game 5 debacle. Josh Smith seems to be sulking a little. If so, he needs to get over that. I like the way Horford tried to step up tonight. He's trying to emerge as the emotional leader of this team.

With the Hawks' playoff woes on the road, heck no.

The best chance we have is along the lines of what North said: hope the Bucks come out overconfident at home, start off erratically, and then we capitalize on that.

If that doesn't happen, Crawford continues to struggle, Smoove has another poor game, Joe plays like Mr. Turnover, and we continue to let Jennings have his way with us, then no, we don't have much of a chance.

Oh, and did I mention our playoff road woes?

I said Yes, i think this team has a lot of pride and won't let this ride just like that. And i definitely don't expect JJ & Crawfish to shoot the ball like that again. Defense and rebounding will have to be the best they've played in quite some time though. Those things win you tough elimination games on the road, it's the only way. Milwaukee has a lot of versatile guys that can shoot the ball, and it's causing problems on that switch defense. Jennings/Delfino/Ilyasova/Salmons/Stackhouse/Ridnour all can really shoot that 3. Then you add in guys like Thomas/Gudz who are decent jumpshooters and it's a tough look for the Hawks.

In these 7 games series, it's about adjustments and they've made some that the Hawks can't seem to recover from. Think about how the Bucks play, don't they remind you sort of with their underwhelming inside game and plethera of shooters of the Knicks?? Now think about how the Hawks looked against the Knicks this year. :ohmy:

These kind of teams really expose the Hawks cause the Hawks do i admit play a gimmicky defense. How many times have you screamed at the TV wondering where is the rotation on double team and Pick n Roll plays. How many times does Horford/Zaza/Marvin have to get beat before somebody provides help instead of sticking stubbornly with their man. I've seen this multiple times. Why not implement the double team on Milwaukee?? I haven't seem that the whole series. Where is the ball pressure?? It's frustrating.

Edited by HawkFoLife

What got me is the way they addressed and made adjustments for the game . I haven't understood why they stopped going inside to try to draw fouls on the Bucks big men , but sure enough for this game , you could see they were going to pound it. But they stopped ball movement altogether , stopped shooting 3's , and the Bucks adjusted .

Skiles found a way to draw the big men out on defense and runs his guys inside for medium range jumpers , no wonder they shot high percentages . I think the effort was there until the last 4 minutes, but the game plan and coaching was crap.

Nothing have seen from the Hawks on the road leads me to believe they can win on the road. Nothing I have seen from Woody believes he can make a difference to get this team 2 straight wins. Its his system , and his system sucks .