• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You gotta have faith

bamahawk

Hello Hawks Squawk,

First, it is a pleasure to finally sign up and post on these boards. I have been a reader on here since the 08' Boston series, but have really never took the initiative here to post.

But, in times like these, I suppose there is a first time for everything.

I grew up in Atlanta like many of you and have been a die-hard Hawks fan for all of those years. Like yall, the pleasures of watching Dikembe wag the finger and the agony of running into MJ's bulls in round 2 are still very vivid in my memory bank. Having been in Tuscaloosa for school the past four years, I have still been able to keep up with the team with FSS and SS showing games here, but a lot of what I do to keep up with the team has revolved around reading these boards.

I remember the excitment of the fans here when we stood toe-to-toe with Boston, and what it felt like to be in Philips for game 4 that year when Joe crossed up Poe and hit that three--it was simply electric.

But are we too far removed from that to take pleasure in this year's Hawks?

I admit, after the game 5 loss, I went ballistic. My poor girlfriend had to put up with my ranting and raging for a solid hour before I settled down. But when I look at this team, I know they are capable of pulling this out.

I know we have lost the last three, but most was because of hustle and heart. I know we have it, we all saw it three years ago in round 1. Can you imagine how you will feel tonight when Smoove blocks out? When Horford dominates the paint? When Joe crosses up Salmons? When bibby throws the dagger alley-oop to Josh and those drunk deer-loving fools realize that they woke up the beast? I want it so bad, and this team realizes this is gut check time.

Whenever the Hawks are backed into a corner, most of the time, I see a fight and determination to win. Even last year's game 3 against Cleveland, our hobbled team gave a valiant effort against a driven Lebron James. We have beaten the best, and when called upon, can do it anywhere. Is our road record in the playoffs crappy? Sure. But if we go on to win this series, we will look back and see this as the moment our Hawks woke up, stepped up, and became a championship caliber team.

I remember what happened when we pulled even a 3 a piece with the C's, and going over the Boston boards--it was mayhem on a level I've never seen before. They wanted (like many of us on the board) to trade KG, fire Doc, and run Rondo out of town. Well, a month an a half later, confetti rained down upon them.

Every team goes through adversity like this, and as much as I understand Woody couldn't coach himself out a paper bag, Mr. Potato head seems to pull one out when his feet are to the fire.

I want everyone from here on out to remember, we are Hawks fans. Settling for this is not acceptable, however, rant and rave IF we are eliminated. Now is the time to show that we are a strong fanbase, and a strong team.

If we win tonight, I'm heading 3 hours east to Philips to support our Hawks. It's going to get rowdy. I want all of yall to do the same.

SHOOT THE DEER!

BamaHawk

• Like 4

Yes, GO Hawks! I know I said a lot of negative things on here yesterday about how the Hawks suck. That loss on Wednesday really pissed me off, I went to bed angry and woke up angry.

As long as this series does not make you change your name from Deeman to Deerman !

Team has to have faith and belief in itself before others will. Quite frankly it doesn't matter whether we have it in them or not. If you are still here posting then it is pretty damn obvious many here do have some shred of faith and belief in them. Does the team have that belief and faith in themselves? That is what I want to know. We will find out tonight.

Welcome!

And good read. I'm glad we have a believer. I also believe we will win this out. Like you said, we had so much heart in the Boston series back in 08'. Now that we are on the losing end of the series, I think that WILL wake up our Hawks players and we will get to see the best of them; showing much heart. Let's hope for the best.

Go Hawks! :blow out candles:

• Premium Member

Very very good post. Like you, I have been on this site for quite some time but usually don't get involved into the posting part of the hawksquawk. There still are a couple of reasons I think we can win this series. Remember last years Eastern Conference Finals? The Magic had just lost on a 'big baby' buzzer beater, then they blew a 14 or so point lead in the 4th quarter to go down in the series 3-2. At this time, everybody was arguing with one another. Dwight was talking about Stan to the media and all the players seemed to be lost. Well, somehow the Magic went on to win the next game at home and then beat Boston in game 7 @ Boston. Boston was something crazy like 34-0 in Game 7's at home I believe. We also only won road playoff game last year when we went down 2-1 in the series and had to win to gain our home court advantage back. Like the original poster said, the Hawks usually play their best when their backs are against the wall. Lets just hope that is the case tonight.

Go Hawks!

Hello Hawks Squawk,

First, it is a pleasure to finally sign up and post on these boards. I have been a reader on here since the 08' Boston series, but have really never took the initiative here to post.

But, in times like these, I suppose there is a first time for everything.

I grew up in Atlanta like many of you and have been a die-hard Hawks fan for all of those years. Like yall, the pleasures of watching Dikembe wag the finger and the agony of running into MJ's bulls in round 2 are still very vivid in my memory bank. Having been in Tuscaloosa for school the past four years, I have still been able to keep up with the team with FSS and SS showing games here, but a lot of what I do to keep up with the team has revolved around reading these boards.

I remember the excitment of the fans here when we stood toe-to-toe with Boston, and what it felt like to be in Philips for game 4 that year when Joe crossed up Poe and hit that three--it was simply electric.

But are we too far removed from that to take pleasure in this year's Hawks?

I admit, after the game 5 loss, I went ballistic. My poor girlfriend had to put up with my ranting and raging for a solid hour before I settled down. But when I look at this team, I know they are capable of pulling this out.

I know we have lost the last three, but most was because of hustle and heart. I know we have it, we all saw it three years ago in round 1. Can you imagine how you will feel tonight when Smoove blocks out? When Horford dominates the paint? When Joe crosses up Salmons? When bibby throws the dagger alley-oop to Josh and those drunk deer-loving fools realize that they woke up the beast? I want it so bad, and this team realizes this is gut check time.

Whenever the Hawks are backed into a corner, most of the time, I see a fight and determination to win. Even last year's game 3 against Cleveland, our hobbled team gave a valiant effort against a driven Lebron James. We have beaten the best, and when called upon, can do it anywhere. Is our road record in the playoffs crappy? Sure. But if we go on to win this series, we will look back and see this as the moment our Hawks woke up, stepped up, and became a championship caliber team.

I remember what happened when we pulled even a 3 a piece with the C's, and going over the Boston boards--it was mayhem on a level I've never seen before. They wanted (like many of us on the board) to trade KG, fire Doc, and run Rondo out of town. Well, a month an a half later, confetti rained down upon them.

Every team goes through adversity like this, and as much as I understand Woody couldn't coach himself out a paper bag, Mr. Potato head seems to pull one out when his feet are to the fire.

I want everyone from here on out to remember, we are Hawks fans. Settling for this is not acceptable, however, rant and rave IF we are eliminated. Now is the time to show that we are a strong fanbase, and a strong team.

If we win tonight, I'm heading 3 hours east to Philips to support our Hawks. It's going to get rowdy. I want all of yall to do the same.

SHOOT THE DEER!

BamaHawk

Preach it Bama. And I'll make that 4 hour trip to Philips myself on Sunday night.