• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MVPs EPIC offseason plan.

MVP23

If I'm Rick Sund, I do whats best looking ahead 2,3 years from now. No matter what we do, we can't compete for a Championship now regardless of if we keep Joe or not so why not just start planning now? We're still a top 4 team in the East. First things first.

Mo Evans- I think he will opt out. That guy looks really frustrated every since game 4 against the Bucks. I think he is tired of the fans. Oh well.

Sign Joe to a 4 year 15 million a year (what he makes now) and then shop him. Sign and trade with the 76ers (who wants him anyway) for Dal, Thad and other scrubs to satisfy the cap.

C.Dal/Zaza

PF.Horf/

SF.Josh/ Marvin

SG.Craw/Thad

PG. Bibby/Teague

With a REAL coach Marvin and Smoove could thrive and produce, so FIRE Mike Woodson, and hire Avery Johnson, a proven coach. No need to go out and try to get Coach K or anything, just a decent smart coach that is not named Mike Woodson.

Bring CHill back. If not, trade his rights to someone for a pick, which should turn into Daniel Orton Then we use our pick to draft Dominue Jones.

Sign Raja Bell. Get this John Salmons crap out of here. We just got rid of an overrated chucker.

Trade Teague for a pick in next years drft. Trust me, Acie is better.

Hawks 2010/2011 Roster.

C.Dal/Zaza

PF.Horf/ Daneil Orton

SF.Smoove/ Marvin/Thad

SG.Raja Bell/ Dominue Jones/Thad

PG.Bibby/ Craw

48-34 4th in the east.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Your plan may be the best yet.

The NineOhTheRino Ultimate Offseason Plan will be released @ 3:00pm today.

but ...

If anyone is interested in the naming rights to my plan I'm always open

Its EPIC.

Call it the .......NINEOHTHERINOs awesomenessest plan for the offseason.

I still like mine better... I'd rather have Kaman over Dalembert and didn't Thad just put up putrid #'s in a regression of sorts this season?

• Premium Member

I still like mine better... I'd rather have Kaman over Dalembert and didn't Thad just put up putrid #'s in a regression of sorts this season?

I'm keeping Joe at $15M per

Ok- here are the problems with your plan.

1- Joe wouldn't sign for 15 million a year.

2- Joe wouldn't agree to play for the Sixers

3- the Hawks aren't allowed to trade their rights to Childress for a pick

On the bright side since Acie had his 4th year team option declined if you really want him then the Hawks could sign him this offseason and I doubt he will get more than the minimum.

Edited by spotatl

1- Joe wouldn't sign for 15 million a year.

I'm not necessarily gonna argue with you on that, but it's going to be interesting to see what Joe gets. He's taking a HUGE PR hit, with lots of analysts (locally and nationally) questioning whether he's even close to being a "max player" after this disappointing postseason.

Thad is more a PF than a SG. If I'm trading with Philly and not getting Iguodala in return, I'm getting their #6 pick.

JJ for #6/Dalembert/Lou

Leaves them with the core of Jrue/JJ/Iggy/Thad/Brand.

Follow that up with the Atlanta/Detroit/NJ deal I mentioned earlier.

Atlanta gets Prince

Detroit gets Yi/Zaza/Dooling

NJ gets Marvin

That leaves:

Williams/Bibby/Teague

Crawford

Prince

Smith

Horford/Dalembert

Next we look to move Bibby along with either Smith or the Crawford expiring. We'd also have the #6 and #24 picks as well as the rights to Childress. Prince would give us everything that Marvin doesn't. 3PS, perimeter defense, tenacity and willingness to create off the dribble. I don't like Crawford starting so a PG/SG replacement would be necessary.

Trade ID #5515910 - Another trade with Philly

Atlanta gets Azubuike / Turiaf / Dalembert / #4 pick

GS gets Smith / Bibby / #24 pick

Philly gets Biedrins / B Wright

Not sure Philly would value Biedrins and Wright highly enough to give up Dalembert's expiring, though. Smith would rock in Golden St. Ellis/Curry/Smith would be ridiculous.

Lou / Teague

Azubuike / Crawford

Prince

Horford / Turiaf

Dalembert / Zaza

+ #4 and #6 picks in the draft to get 2 of Wall, Turner, Cousins, Favors, Monroe, Wes Johnson, Aldrich, etc.

Thad is more a PF than a SG. If I'm trading with Philly and not getting Iguodala in return, I'm getting their #6 pick.

JJ for #6/Dalembert/Lou

Leaves them with the core of Jrue/JJ/Iggy/Thad/Brand.

Follow that up with the Atlanta/Detroit/NJ deal I mentioned earlier.

Atlanta gets Prince

Detroit gets Yi/Zaza/Dooling

NJ gets Marvin

That leaves:

Williams/Bibby/Teague

Crawford

Prince

Smith

Horford/Dalembert

Next we look to move Bibby along with either Smith or the Crawford expiring. We'd also have the #6 and #24 picks as well as the rights to Childress. Prince would give us everything that Marvin doesn't. 3PS, perimeter defense, tenacity and willingness to create off the dribble. I don't like Crawford starting so a PG/SG replacement would be necessary.

Trade ID #5515910 - Another trade with Philly

Atlanta gets Azubuike / Turiaf / Dalembert / #4 pick

GS gets Smith / Bibby / #24 pick

Philly gets Biedrins / B Wright

Not sure Philly would value Biedrins and Wright highly enough to give up Dalembert's expiring, though. Smith would rock in Golden St. Ellis/Curry/Smith would be ridiculous.

Lou / Teague

Azubuike / Crawford

Prince

Horford / Turiaf

Dalembert / Zaza

+ #4 and #6 picks in the draft to get 2 of Wall, Turner, Cousins, Favors, Monroe, Wes Johnson, Aldrich, etc.

One returning starter? There is NO way they will blow it up that much. Interesting nonetheless.

LOL . . . why do people want to become Golden St East? Is that team that entertaining to watch, that you're willing to watch them score 110 ppg, but give up 120 ppg?

And MVP . . what is Raja Bell doing these days? Is he a manager at Wal-Mart? Raja Bell? Come on man. This ain't 2005.

Who said GS of the East? Azubuike is the only player that I listed as starting from the Golden St. trade and that is contingent upon who we would get with the two high picks. One of those would most likely be a wing since Wall would be gone. I would just pray that Cousins and Favors blow it up in workouts and one of Wall or Turner slides to pick 4.