• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what star would come here after the way JJ was treated tonight

arhawkfan

Joe showing up or not. A real fan does not "boo" his/her team. It is never ok. Win or loose you stick with the team and cheer. They gave us an outstanding run, with ups and downs. At least we made it this far. Only 7 other teams could say that this year.

YAY! WE LOST BY 40 AGAIN TONIGHT!!! WAY TO GO FELLOWS!!! CLAP CLAP CLAP

Give me a break. When your team deserves to get booed, you should boo the hell out of them. I think this series clearly falls into that category. If as a player you don't want to get booed, show us some guts and effort. I don't mind losing, but lose competitively and show some heart.

Joe and the team deserved to get booed. If I pay 50 bucks to see my team, and we just do not show up, I am going to boo my tail off until they are in the locker room and can't hear me. Fans have every right to express themselves, they pay the money, they watch the games, they post on fourms. If you don't want to get booed, then show up. The Spurs were swept, but their fans cheered because they showed up for every single game. Did the Hawks? Hell no, so they deserved to get booed. Laker fans boo the Lakers when they have their weekly scrub fest, and the Lakers usally respond. If you're sitting there cheering when your team is down 30 points, you're not a fan, you're a tool.

.298 FG% .176 3p% 73.7 FT% 4.5 RPG 3.8 APG 0.8 SPG 2.5 TO/PG 12.8 PPG

32 FG% .22% 3p% 78.6 FT % 3.0 RPG 3.0 AST 1.2 SPG 2.8 TO/PG 11.8 PPG

First one is Joe Johnson, im going to let you guys guess the second guys numbers threw a 4 game series so far thats goin on ..

also he is makin 19,795,712 this year alone close to 20 million and i can bet his fan arent booin him , and he also doesnt have any type of thumb or hand or any injury that we know of , its simply his team has legit players and a legit system around him or they wouldnt win either

Did you watch Game 3 of the Celtics game? The Boston crowd DID boo him.

• Moderators

We offered other stars that same money... Dampiere, KMart, etc

Just K-Mart. We bid too much on Dampier but less than a max deal and less than what he was offered by Dallas - thank goodness.

They don't understand that they made the situation worse tonight and put extra pressure on the team with the booing.

Booing is something that I've never done in my life. I may have cussed, or stayed silent for being so mad, but I've never booed any favorite team of mine in my life.

If they wanted to get their initial booing of JJ out of the way during the announcement of the starting lineups, then that's one thing. But to boo him the first time he touched the ball while the action was going on, that was straight up bush league and simply showing how idiotic some in the fan base were. Then they did it AGAIN.

They were booing him from the jump. He made a few shots, and the went back to cheering again. He started missing in the 3rd, and they went back to booing.

When he finally came out of the game, you heard cheers and boos. With that possibly being his last game, I would've stood and clapped out of appreciation for the 5 years he gave us . . .not boo him because he "hurt our feelings' with one stupid comment in the heat of the moment after losing a game.

That's why people outside of ATL rag on Atlanta so much. Seriously . . . who the hell boo THEIR OWN PLAYERS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME? They were acting like he was Kevin Garnett, with the way they were booing him.

+1 I felt like I was the only one who understands this.

YAY! WE LOST BY 40 AGAIN TONIGHT!!! WAY TO GO FELLOWS!!! CLAP CLAP CLAP

Give me a break. When your team deserves to get booed, you should boo the hell out of them. I think this series clearly falls into that category. If as a player you don't want to get booed, show us some guts and effort. I don't mind losing, but lose competitively and show some heart.

How are you going to be competitive when the fans start booing from the first quarter? Talk about a confidence killer. Makes you want to give up.

How are you going to be competitive when the fans start booing from the first quarter? Talk about a confidence killer. Makes you want to give up.

Yeah cause they were so competitive from the start for the 3 games prior lol. I think the fans gave them 12 quarters worth of opportunities to earn some cheers. Don't think they wanted to give them 15 especially not after our "leaders" comments.

All i gotta say is if you gonna open your mouth and call out the fans, you better deliver the next time out (See David Justice 95' World Series)

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This team aint on the map it just embarrassed itself to the entire country and thats not the type of "on the map " that I think anyone wants to be apart of . He didnt build it by himself and you are giving him way too much credit while at the same time passing off blame to everyone else you cant have it both ways .

You cant say he built it then wit it falls apart its everyones elses fault . If he built it then hes responsible for the worst sweep in nba history and deserves everything he gets.

Now does that mean I think he sucks as a player ? Heck no but the old congratulations because he got us to the first rd bit wouldnt fly anywhere . He has played exactly the way your words come off. As a player who think the city should be grateful for first rd exits while paying him superstar money because for some reason the city doesnt deserve a title nor should it expect one . It should expect first rd exits anything more than that and you are being ungrateful for him taking us to the first rd.

You get blown out in 4 straight playoff games and you think they shouldnt booed ? You add to that telling the fans he dont care if we show up and he shouldnt be booed ? You add to that him turning down our extension offer because he flt he deserved more and this is what he gives us and he shouldnt be booed ?

Joe right now owes us an apology he represents the Atlanta Hawks and his play no matter how little he thinks of us doesnt represent us the way we deserve to be represented on a national stage .

Its like taking us to the prom and embarrassing us in front of the entire school and then telling us we should be grateful that you took us at all.

This team is on the map. We had more televised (nationally) games this year than when Nique played. We won 53 games. We had some respect.

We lost in terruble fashion but that doesn't change the fact that Joe helped us to get here.

• Premium Member

Joe and the team deserved to get booed. If I pay 50 bucks to see my team, and we just do not show up, I am going to boo my tail off until they are in the locker room and can't hear me. Fans have every right to express themselves, they pay the money, they watch the games, they post on fourms. If you don't want to get booed, then show up. The Spurs were swept, but their fans cheered because they showed up for every single game. Did the Hawks? Hell no, so they deserved to get booed. Laker fans boo the Lakers when they have their weekly scrub fest, and the Lakers usally respond. If you're sitting there cheering when your team is down 30 points, you're not a fan, you're a tool.

If only the whole world worked that way?

When was the last time you booed in a restaurant? How about at church? How about in a classroom? Do you boo in your doctor's office? At the Pharmacist? Yeah, boo your pharmacist... i dare you.

If I could give you a +50, I would.

If this happened in any other NBA city, the results would've been the same, if not worse. They were booing in Cleveland last night and all Lebron has done for them was lead a franchise in worse shape than the Hawks when he first arrived to an NBA Finals, national TV darlings, all while winning consecutive MVPs. Now THAT, Diesel, is called putting a team on the map. Notice the way Lebron handled his postgame; he didn't call out the fans or told them that he could care less if they showed up or not.

Whether fans pay $592 or $5 for a ticket, they have the right to boo their a$$es off if the team is laying down like a pack of golden retrievers. San Antonio didn't lay down; neither did Utah in Game 3. Their effort and hustle didn't win them the series but it keeps folks from turning in their season tickets. For the Hawks to do that on national TV, especially AT HOME, is a slap in the face to every fan who supported the franchise over the years, whether at the arena, at home, or on this board, when they weren't winning 53 games. That four game effort was an outright insult to all of us on HS, RealGM, Peachtree Hoops, et al; we stuck with this franchise when it could've been mighty easy to say 'eff this, I'm driving to Foot Locker to get a Kobe jersey'. No one in his right mind can deny that and for that, they deserved every boo they got.

GAME, SET, MATCH.

Edited by Dejay

If only the whole world worked that way?

When was the last time you booed in a restaurant? How about at church? How about in a classroom? Do you boo in your doctor's office? At the Pharmacist? Yeah, boo your pharmacist... i dare you.

When was the last time you cheered, bought a hot dog and drank a beer at church, or in a classroom, in your doctor's office, or at the pharmacist?

Oh yeah, those things aren't sporting events.

If I could give you a +50, I would.

If this happened in any other NBA city, the results would've been the same, if not worse. They were booing in Cleveland last night and all Lebron has done for them was lead a franchise in worse shape than the Hawks when he first arrived to an NBA Finals, national TV darlings, all while winning consecutive MVPs. Now THAT, Diesel, is called putting a team on the map. Notice the way Lebron handled his postgame; he didn't call out the fans or told them that he could care less if they showed up or not.

Whether fans pay $592 or $5 for a ticket, they have the right to boo their a$$es off if the team is laying down like a pack of golden retrievers. San Antonio didn't lay down; neither did Utah in Game 3. Their effort and hustle didn't win them the series but it keeps folks from turning in their season tickets. For the Hawks to do that on national TV, especially AT HOME, is a slap in the face to every fan who supported the franchise over the years, whether at the arena, at home, or on this board, when they weren't winning 53 games. That four game effort was an outright insult to all of us on HS, RealGM, Peachtree Hoops, et al; we stuck with this franchise when it could've been mighty easy to say 'eff this, I'm driving to Foot Locker to get a Kobe jersey'. No one in his right mind can deny that and for that, they deserved every boo they got.

GAME, SET, MATCH.

I've been to more Hawks games than I can count (I'm not very good at math, though, so that doesn't mean a lot) and my first comment to my fellow season-ticket holders after game 3 was, "What team do you feel like following next season? I kind of like the Thunder, or maybe the Bucks." They might have really lost me this time.