• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here's what we can do.

Diesel

• Moderators

People will forget what Joe said. The question is will he get offended when we don't offer max money. I'd love to have him back because he's a great player, but he's got to accept his role with a new coach. A lot was made of Joe supporting Woody but most guys are going to be supportive of the coach that plays them the whole game and lets them dominate the ball.

I was not believing the theory that Joe is at the age where he will start to decline. I thought he was in too good of shape and he'd stay effective for more years than Steve Smith or Jalen Rose. Now I'm not so sure. For whatever reason he had no game at all in the playoffs. I think he can still lead this team but it'll take a new approach. I can't imagine that if you handed this roster to a new coach we wouldn't see a Teague/Craw/JJ/Smoove/Horf starting lineup. Joe/Smoove/Horf is one helluva frontcourt.

• Premium Member

People will forget what Joe said. The question is will he get offended when we don't offer max money. I'd love to have him back because he's a great player, but he's got to accept his role with a new coach. A lot was made of Joe supporting Woody but most guys are going to be supportive of the coach that plays them the whole game and lets them dominate the ball.

I was not believing the theory that Joe is at the age where he will start to decline. I thought he was in too good of shape and he'd stay effective for more years than Steve Smith or Jalen Rose. Now I'm not so sure. For whatever reason he had no game at all in the playoffs. I think he can still lead this team but it'll take a new approach. I can't imagine that if you handed this roster to a new coach we wouldn't see a Teague/Craw/JJ/Smoove/Horf starting lineup. Joe/Smoove/Horf is one helluva frontcourt.

You have to look at the playoffs for what is was. Orlando had every answer for us because we are so predictable. And so stubborn. Last night, from the get go, Orlando's players were always standing in the right spot defensively. When Joe would move to shoot, it was always at least 2 guys there. From the get go. That's not Joe's fault, that's our scheme's fault and our refusal to move away from that scheme. The way that Mike Brown coaches offense, the same will happen to Lebron. My point is let us not confuse the fact that Joe is the guy that the defense plans against With Joe being in Decline.

• Premium Member

Will they have two balls in those games D? One for Joe to pound out the shot clock with while Durant drives to the hoop with the other one?

IF Joe pounded the ball it's because we didn't have a PG or an offensive scheme to not let him pound the ball.

Isolation play is something that is reserved for the end of the game when you have to have a score. Woody made our offense into isolation play. That's why we failed. That doesn't mean that Joe is an isolation only player. Remember, Joe has led this team in assists for the last 5 years. Joe is our best defensive player. Joe does much more than the guys who criticize him will acknowledge and will be a great loss to this team.

IF Joe pounded the ball it's because we didn't have a PG or an offensive scheme to not let him pound the ball.

Isolation play is something that is reserved for the end of the game when you have to have a score. Woody made our offense into isolation play. That's why we failed. That doesn't mean that Joe is an isolation only player. Remember, Joe has led this team in assists for the last 5 years. Joe is our best defensive player. Joe does much more than the guys who criticize him will acknowledge and will be a great loss to this team.

Joe is a talented player but he is a Robin...not a Batman. If he is to be our Batman we will never get past the Howards, LeBrons, and Kobes of this league. Change the offense, take the emphasis off JJ, find some shooters, and a bad *ss PF/C to be our enforcer. This is the only way we will ever succeed with JJ as our best player.

There simply is no need on the part of OKC. Harden is literally a smaller version of Joe playing on a rookie deal. Versatile and probing scorer, not explosive but above average athletically and possesses enough size and length to bother the opposition. All of this doesn't change your idea that Joe's future position is at SF, a spot Durant already occupies. That would be a dream scenario for us but it leaves OKC, a team looking for legit big depth, scratching their heads.

After how bad Joe played people are still sticking up for him? We can pretty much pay any shmoe off the street to shoot this badly during the playoffs. Why should we pay him to completely suck at crunch time and then lash out at the fans because he can't shoot?