• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Rose via twitter says JJ is out

Jody23

• Premium Member

According to Jalen Rose on twitter, Joe Johnson has played his last game as a Hawk. He says he has this information from a "reliable" source. If this is true, unfortunately, I don't have a hard time believing it.

I love JJ. If he leaves we won't get anyone near his talent level. I love the playoffs, and love being good ball club and being relevant. I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO THE LOTTERY. I hope to God Joe comes back to us. We just need a new coach, that's it. Maybe a few minor tweaks. I wouldn't mind being able to trade Marv and Bibby. Resign Joe, get a new coach, and start Teague. That's all I want for this offseason. Keep the nucleus (jj, smoove, horford crawford) entact. Lets try again next year with this club.

I love JJ. If he leaves we won't get anyone near his talent level. I love the playoffs, and love being good ball club and being relevant. I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO THE LOTTERY. I hope to God Joe comes back to us. We just need a new coach, that's it. Maybe a few minor tweaks. I wouldn't mind being able to trade Marv and Bibby. Resign Joe, get a new coach, and start Teague. That's all I want for this offseason. Keep the nucleus (jj, smoove, horford crawford) entact. Lets try again next year with this club.

Agreed

Even though I felt JJ is leaving, I wouldn't take Rose word for it. I will believe it when he's gone. Otherwise, what me and Jalen are doing is speculation.

I can believe it. Just like he got tired of the Phoenix situation (even when they were going to give him the money) I think he's grown tired of the situation here in Atlanta.

Has anything he said really made it clear that he'd be happy to be back here? Not to my knowledge.

• Premium Member

I've said all this season I didn't think Joe would want to resign here and it is looking like that is going to be the case. I just hope if we lose him we can get something back in a sign and trade.

I hereby declare I WANT JJ BACK NO MATTER WHAT. Even if ASG keeps Woody as the "coach". JJ gave us hope. JJ got this team hete it is. We need him, all who say We don't are fooling themselves. :write a letter:

+1 I cosign. Forget all of that hateful nonsense. I hope lile heck he returns.

"Just passing through."

Has JJ really put down any roots in Atlanta? Is JJ really involved in anything Atlanta? If he is deeply involved,

we would hear all about it, don't you think.

When have we heard that he has deep feelings about anything to do with things in and around this little corner

of the world? I don't even know if he is married or not. Does he have family here and how do they like us?

He didn't go to school here, did he? I don't know. What connections do we have with JJ?

Seems that perhaps he is "Just Passing Thru" and really has nothing to hold him here. Anyone know

anything different?

Say goodby to JJ. Just hope Hawks can do some kind of sign and trade. Otherwise, he walks for nothing.

The way he talks about the Atlanta fans, he might be delighted to just walk to spite them.

:kickcan:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

Ha. Love reading the 'we need joe' post or the infamous' we will suck without joe' because we suck now. We have not won a single game in the second round with joe. You people act like joe has been putting up banners. Screw him. I would rather roll with crawford and flip over that dude.

• Like 1

Ha. Love reading the 'we need joe' post or the infamous' we will suck without joe' because we suck now. We have not won a single game in the second round with joe. You people act like joe has been putting up banners. Screw him. I would rather roll with crawford and flip over that dude.

We would roll with Craw or Flip as the starting 2. We would roll right to the lottery. My fear would be we wouldnt be horrible enough to snatch up a big time player and would be one of those lottery teams like Indiana who get like pick 12 or 13 every year and spin wheels for years.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

"Just passing through."

Has JJ really put down any roots in Atlanta? Is JJ really involved in anything Atlanta? If he is deeply involved,

When have we heard that he has deep feelings about anything to do with things in and around this little corner

of the world? I don't even know if he is married or not. Does he have family here and how do they like us?

He didn't go to school here, did he? I don't know. What connections do we have with JJ?

Seems that perhaps he is "Just Passing Thru" and really has nothing to hold him here. Anyone know

anything different?

Say goodby to JJ. Just hope Hawks can do some kind of sign and trade. Otherwise, he walks for nothing.

The way he talks about the Atlanta fans, he might be delighted to just walk to spite them.

his personal life, i don't care at all. it's strange because as a hawks fan, i don't even care about our "best" player.

this is the same reason i want us to keep josh smith. at least he's from here, although i think i heard him saying growing up as a bulls fan.... i really wish we could've done the dwight howard deal, remember the rumor for both our first rounds plus some more? not just because dwight howard is the best player/center now but his character and the way he cares about the community.

"Just passing through."

anything different?

Co-sign!

Sure, I'd like to keep JJ at a reasonable price, but we all know that ain't happening! We just have to be honest and realize...

... that we don't want to be handcuffed by another heavy contract... so... probably the best option for all parties involved would be S&T!

JJ can take his money elsewhere and finally play his favourite role of being just a side kick on another team!

Having said that, we should all realize that JJ wouldn't take us any further than what we've seen already!

We still have a very young and talented team that has plenty of room for improvement within!

With well executed S&T and good value obtained in return, plus a head coach upgrade, I strongly believe that we would do just fine!

P.S. If someone doesn't want to wear our colors and feels he doesn't belong here... well, personally, I don't want my team hangin' all our hopes on someone like that!

Edited by T21