• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

League has to do something about Howard's elbows

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

c'mon son!

Stern should make him wear bubble wrap around those things. How is he not called more often? I recall Howard getting several clean shots on Smoove and not even get looked at funny. I honestly don't blame Al and Josh for not attempting to rebound when Howard is playing.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Saw Howard connect with KG on successive plays. KG got pissed and stepped to Howard and Howard yelled "Hit me! I want you to hit me!" to KG and KG just stood down like a little girl. Is this the WWE or NBA?

Saw Howard connect with KG on successive plays. KG got pissed and stepped to Howard and Howard yelled "Hit me! I want you to hit me!" to KG and KG just stood down like a little girl. Is this the WWE or NBA?

I'm not a big fan of KGs fake intensity but honestly do you really expect him to take a swing and get suspended for the rest of the series there?

• Premium Member

I'm not a big fan of KGs fake intensity but honestly do you really expect him to take a swing and get suspended for the rest of the series there?

he did the right thing. Just didn't look right given how much trash KG talks.

• Premium Member

Howard is being taught meanness from Pat Ewing. He knocked out Big Baby.

I saw whoever we get, should bring in Charles Oakley to teach our bigs meanness too. A lot of people say that Oakley is strange, etc... But when you read the accounts of guys who played with Oak, they have given him credit... Like Trenton Hassell and Ben Wallace. That's a mighty good start. Unfortunately, MJ knows this and probably has him knocking the mean into Chandler. So maybe Rick Mahorn!!

• 10 months later...
  • Premium Member

Those elbows after the play for sure. I'm a fan of big men and they all clear out with the elbows. I really don't want to see the NBA clean that up. But that flagrant sh!t after the play has got to go. I counted three EASY techs on D12 tonight. He threw one elbow right in front of Bavetta.

• Premium Member

Those elbows after the play for sure. I'm a fan of big men and they all clear out with the elbows. I really don't want to see the NBA clean that up. But that flagrant sh!t after the play has got to go. I counted three EASY techs on D12 tonight. He threw one elbow right in front of Bavetta.

Two words: Bubble Wrap

With Howard, there are no wasted fouls. If he goes up for a block and they call a foul, you can bet that he will lower his arm straight down to knock down the person he was fouling. Same thing with rebounds: if there is a chance he will get called for an "over the back" foul, he will come down with his elbows straight out to knock down whoever it is. If someone kept track of a stat on "players injured," Howard would lead the league.

Anyone who's played against bigger guys knows the way to deal with them coming in hard; under cut 'em. Go down at the knees and let them go over the top. Their momentum brings them down hard and they soon back off. Also can lean in to a guy and put the head to the chin.

Anyone who's played against bigger guys knows the way to deal with them coming in hard; under cut 'em. Go down at the knees and let them go over the top. Their momentum brings them down hard and they soon back off. Also can lean in to a guy and put the head to the chin.

I mean if i'm eating elbows all day i start with the above mentioned tactics. Also letting guys jump and maybe land on my shoes.

Anyone who's played against bigger guys knows the way to deal with them coming in hard; under cut 'em. Go down at the knees and let them go over the top. Their momentum brings them down hard and they soon back off.

Also a great way to:

a) start a fight

b) win the "most hated player in the league as voted by other players" award

c) end a guy's career

just sayin'

Edited by jhay610

Also a great way to:

a) start a fight

b) win the "most hated player in the league as voted by other players" award

c) end a guy's career

just sayin'

Swinging elbows is worse. I'm not talking about ending guys careers. Talking about how to deal with a guy unleashing punishment instead of playing Bball.