• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are the Hawks even planning on talking to Lebron?!?

Uuus

Of course I agree, but does Lebron want to play in Atlanta.

Thats exactly my point....the front office needs to put a plan in place in order to ATTEMPT to bring LeBron to Atlanta....just because its a long shot doesn't mean that our front office shouldn't be trying to do it. They should be in touch w/ his agent on July 1st...have a creative marketing plan in place ready to show LeBron and his agent just why he should want to play in Atlanta. The chances are great that he will shun us, but that shouldn't prevent us from going balls out in order to convince him.

Thats exactly my point....the front office needs to put a plan in place in order to ATTEMPT to bring LeBron to Atlanta....just because its a long shot doesn't mean that our front office shouldn't be trying to do it. They should be in touch w/ his agent on July 1st...have a creative marketing plan in place ready to show LeBron and his agent just why he should want to play in Atlanta. The chances are great that he will shun us, but that shouldn't prevent us from going balls out in order to convince him.

Yep, our roster is much better after a SnT than Chicago's will be:

Rose

Hinrich

Lebron/Deng

Gibson

(1st round draft pick) Noah to Cleveland, of course Lebron could sign outright but this is hypothetical.

Teague

JJ

Bron

Horford/Jamison

FA/Zaza/(1st rounder)

NYK do not have nothing as well as NJN. LAC will be good but we can be a lot better. Miami could have an amazing 1-2 punch but no money for role players. I hope Joe is trying his best to bring James to Atlanta at the elite free agent player's summit.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I guess you guys have fallen in love with the media's depiction of LBJ. There is no way I would root for him the way he carries himself. I can understand that much arrogance with those numbers if he were a basketball player. He's a freak athlete who has improved, and will improve his jumper. He would make the best #2 man ever, but he doesn't do well when he has to carry the load under pressure. Those ticky tack fouls aren't so abundant come playoff time. The dancing. When Mario West ripped him for the 2nd time and he fell on West which in turn led to Mario picking up the foul. Removing the video of getting dunked on??? Not shaking hands? The way he speaks to the media, and his team? He seems so fake, and while I respect his game, I do not respect him. Give me a baller any day. And I cannot believe people still try and state that he is better than Kobe. Are you serious? What league do you watch?

From what I can see Lebron is in the driver's seat. He can pretty much pick the team he wants to go to. Atlanta would be one of the best trading partners for Cleveland, but if Lebron doesn't want to play here we have no chance.

I think two things keep us from being a destination for a Lebron type player: weak ownership and poor franchise appeal. We have no pedigree.

This thread shows that we should be in the running to get Lebron but because of the two things listed above it is highly unlikely.

• Premium Member

We don't have a shot at LeBron... I wonder how much he is considering going back to Cleveland. IMO, they've done a terrible job (rushing) trying to surround him with talent. Is that team REALLY good enough to win it all? And I'm sure KG's comments to LeBron carry some weight - all those years he wasted in Minnesota.

Anywho, if he does opt out and if DWade decides to sign with him somewhere...does that open thing up for us and maybe Bosh? Is there a better situation for JJ and/or Chris Bosh to go to?