• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do you think about SnT Josh Childress for Marcin Gortat

Joker

Pros:

It gives us a true center who can start and it makes us a lot better.

Rebounding and blocks and knows how to defend Dwight

Childress is a luxury for us while Gortat is a necessity.

Cons:

The Magic have two key weaknesses, a playmaker and someone who can play off the ball. Childress provides the play off of the ball at a high rate and is a starter in terms of talent. He might push them over the top and who help their offense tremendously.

Gortat PT has been very small even though his talent is big, would it be to small of a sample size for trading Chillz.

Gortat is a luxury for the Magic while Childress would be a necessity. They are a better team then us after the trade as before and might create more separation.

Since Josh is a restricted FA, we have great options with Chilldress as he is a perimeter player that has great role playing potential.

Rosters

Atlanta

Teague/Bibby

JJ/Craw

Marvin/?

Horford/Josh Smith

Gortat/Zaza

Orlando

Nelson/JWill

Childress/Redick

Carter/Pietrus

Lewis/Anderson

Dwight/??

What is your option?

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I would trade Chillz for Gortat in a heartbeat.

I would throw in pick #24 too if it got the deal done. Gortat is exactly what our front line needs.

The #24 pick will be a player by then and I don't think the Hawks will him(or whoever he is).

Guys - just let this post go. *scratching head in frustration*

That is not the way it works in my book unless you care to cater this site to the ignorant.

If you don't call out stupid post, for being stupid, then you will continue to get stupid post about Smoove starting at SF with a C who can't hit a jump shot.

For the 1,000 time !

There are 96 minutes at PF & C

PF: Smoove 34 mpg / Horford 14 mpg

C: Horford 20 mpg / back-up center upgrade 28 mpg

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

The Magic are already overpaying for a just as offensively limited but more athletic and far better defending SF in Peaches. Barnes opted out but he could still be resigned for less than the amount Chills would demand. Just don't see why they'd pull the trigger on this. They are in need of a backup pg though, perhaps if Teague was thrown in they might bite.

1. Magic won't trade guy who's been working with Howard for 3 years and knows everything about his game to Division rival.

2. SF is the last position they would feel the need to fill. They have Pietrus, probably will resign Barnes, Lewis and Carter can play at SF too. Their aim this summer will be a facilitator and/or big name PF if they decide to move Lewis to SF.