• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Strong rumors of.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Wade, Boozer, and Johnson meeting in Miami.

I've seen in it more than 2 places now. I understand that mean people just copy, but if you think about it... Miami is in a good position to get this done and not give us anything. It's a fear. Supposedly, Miami will complete a sign and trade of Boozer (giving up Beasley) in the process. That clears more room for Miami to acquire Johnson outright.

If Miami gets

Wade, Johnson, and Boozer... they will own the East.

Who doesn't want to play in South Beach... For Pat Riley?

Wade, Boozer, and Johnson meeting in Miami.

I've seen in it more than 2 places now. I understand that mean people just copy, but if you think about it... Miami is in a good position to get this done and not give us anything. It's a fear. Supposedly, Miami will complete a sign and trade of Boozer (giving up Beasley) in the process. That clears more room for Miami to acquire Johnson outright.

If Miami gets

Wade, Johnson, and Boozer... they will own the East.

Who doesn't want to play in South Beach... For Pat Riley?

If that does go down, Miami would be a formidable team. Would JJ end up playing SF for them? Or does Wade move over to PG? Either way, they are on their way to being very good.

They still have to get a supporting cast though. O'Neil isn't going to scare anyone in the post. Who do they have as a SF or PG? Plus, their bench is worse than the Hawks.

Ultimately, this really is worse case scenario for the Hawks. JJ walking within the division with no SnT.

• Premium Member

If that does go down, Miami would be a formidable team. Would JJ end up playing SF for them? Or does Wade move over to PG? Either way, they are on their way to being very good.

They still have to get a supporting cast though. O'Neil isn't going to scare anyone in the post. Who do they have as a SF or PG? Plus, their bench is worse than the Hawks.

Ultimately, this really is worse case scenario for the Hawks. JJ walking within the division with no SnT.

No, if it goes through, these are the pieces that they would have.

PG = Chalmers

SG = Wade

SF = Joe

PF = Boozer

C = Draft pick (probably Orton).

With Jones off the bench at Sf/SG.

I suspect that they would fill the bench up with min players.

They would be formidable.

My thinking is that most of the time when you put together a team like this, Injury blows it up.

No, if it goes through, these are the pieces that they would have.

PG = Chalmers

SG = Wade

SF = Joe

PF = Boozer

C = Draft pick (probably Orton).

With Jones off the bench at Sf/SG.

I suspect that they would fill the bench up with min players.

They would be formidable.

My thinking is that most of the time when you put together a team like this, Injury blows it up.

that would be awful for us.

do you have any links?...I couldn't find anything on it but didn't spend too much time or effort looking it up either.

Boozer is a slight upgrade over Haslem, but not worth the multiple millions more in Salary...

Joe Johnson on that team is a 3rd option and will re-gress to scoring about 16-19ppg; kinda like he did in Phoenix when he was the 3rd-4th option

Wade will be Wade but I don't think Boozer & joe are what he's looking for.

If JJ walks to South Beach without the Hawks even getting some middling draft pick for him, it would be a worst-case scenario. It would be hard to watch Smith and Crawford fight each other for the ball while Horford wastes away in the post and Marvin drifts aimlessly around the perimeter for 82 games. That has 42-40 written all over it.

The problem with the whole JJ thing is that he can sign with Miami outright and there is nothing the Hawks can really do about it but start Crawford and hope/pray/dream that Marvin, Teague, hell, ANYONE can have a step up moment or two during the season.

If JJ walks to South Beach without the Hawks even getting some middling draft pick for him, it would be a worst-case scenario. It would be hard to watch Smith and Crawford fight each other for the ball while Horford wastes away in the post and Marvin drifts aimlessly around the perimeter for 82 games. That has 42-40 written all over it.

The problem with the whole JJ thing is that he can sign with Miami outright and there is nothing the Hawks can really do about it but start Crawford and hope/pray/dream that Marvin, Teague, hell, ANYONE can have a step up moment or two during the season.

Sure, JJ can just walk and sign w/ Miami. But I don't think he will. This is his last chance to get a big contract. And I'm sure, both he and his agent, are gonna want that extra year that we can provide. So at the minimum there should be a sign and trade.

Everyone thought the dinosaurs of KG, Allen and Pierce wouldn't go anywhere with those little known scrubs Rondo and Perkins either. Seriously guys, those three players are all in their primes and big time performers in their own right. Boozer is a perennial 20 and 10 big in the league with more post moves than there are stars on the flag. Both Wade and Joe are great ball handlers and passers and we all know that Joe can be beyond efficient working off the ball. All they need to do is add a PG that can spread the floor and defend decently (hello Steve Blake) and get any big to just rebound and play d. Can't guarantee championships but they will surely be better than us which is all that really matters.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

If Joe walks, I think Sund's best move is to "blow it up a bit". Not a lot, but a bit. He is already going to bring in cheap young assistant coach Casey.

Follow that up with using Crawford ending contract to bring in a young player.

We may see Chillz return.

I think Sund then does something about Horf/Smith.

This team could look totally different if Joe goes.