• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft Review Poll

AHF

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the Crawford pick and Sy pick, but I don't like that the 31st pick was traded to OKC.

My view of the draft is that the trade-down was very well-executed. I loved that. I mean we barely had to trade down, and we STILL ended up with the guy we wanted and some additional sugar in the form of pick #31, so I thought that was awesome. But then to sell that pick for freaking cash considerations......I mean what can ya say that hasn't already been said. That disgusted me, and it made the trade-down about pointless, and all that good feeling from a few moments before just disappeared and I was left with that familiar sour taste in my mouth brought on by the pathetic machinations of the ASG. Truly, just pathetic. Two thumbs down.

I would have given Sund and the ASG a pat on the back if we ended up with Jordansome, Whiteside and Pape even if we lost both Joe and Chills for nothing in free agency. It would have at least given me hope for the future, having young prospects actually growing next to our former young prospects that make up our core now, Al, Josh and Marv. Now I find myself cynically waiting for free agency and hoping management will prove me foolish for ever doubting their plan. :rolleyes:

Hawks started out with 2 draft picks. One in the first round and one in the second round. This is what they

ended up with when all is said and done, 2 draft picks.

They moved down in the first round. They still got the pick that they wanted. They had their own second

round pick which they used.

Now, about that "extra" pick that they obtained in the swap of picks. When the draft started, we didn't have

this pick. We only had two. When all was over, we only had two. Hawks apparently got who they wanted

with both picks that they used.

So, what did the Hawks end up with? The two draft picks that they wanted when they went into the draft.

Can't ask for anything to work out much better than that - - Right?

Well, it gets better. By moving down in the draft order and selling the draft pick they obtained in the swap,

the Hawks ended up with over $3 million that they didn't have before the draft.

Now, lets see. Hawks got the two picks that they wanted going into the draft + $3 Million dollars.

And now, posters are upset?

:cant believe:

GO DREAM!!

10-4 FIRST PLACE!

And that should only matter to us if they re-invest the $ directly into improving the team. If they also keep the same payroll they had planned, then there is no benefit to the team.

And Crawford and another player at #31 is better than just Crawford. No way to applaud the move until they put that $ into the team. If they don't, they are SASG. But we already know that.

I live in Cincinnati and the views on Crawford are not 100% great. What is funny is that they are very familiar to what is said about JJ as well. He is selfish at times, does not like contact, does not get to the foul line enough. Downside between him and JJ, JJ has a much better NBA body.

We got ourselves a cheap JJ who does not have the upside to make a all-star game is my opinion. Unfortunately Portland took my sleeper in Elliot Williams at 21. I am not sold on Crawford but it could have been worse. As far as the selling of # 31, lets just say that may be a deal breaker for me if we lose JJ and get peanuts in return for him.

The deal it may break is my NBA package that I sign up for every season; just to watch my Hawks. I will still post here and follow them weekly, but if the ASG goes into downsize mode, I am not going to pay good money to watch us lose to the likes of lottery teams this season. Just not going to do it.