• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Earl Barron worth considering as a 'big off the bench'?

AtlHomer

• Premium Member

He played with Miami a few years ago and finished this past season with the Knicks. He's 7 foot and 250 lbs which suggests he has good size. He finished the season with a few double doubles although we don't know how hard the opposition played in those games. Best of all, he is probably affordable.

Is he worth giving a guaranteed contract to or should we either extend Morris or try a new big of the bench?

He are Barron's stats:

Earl Barron

Edited by AtlHomer

He played with Miami a few years ago and finished this past season with the Knicks. He's 7 foot and 250 lbs which suggests he has good size. He finished the season with a few double doubles although we don't know how hard the opposition played in those games. Best of all, he is probably affordable.

Is he worth giving a guaranteed contract to or should we either extend Morris or try a new big of the bench?

He are Barron's stats:

Earl Barron

He couldn't be worse than Collins or RadMo

As with Nellie's system in Golden State that managed to have 16 players or so score 25 points or more over the season, many of those guys being DLeaguers, I just don't know how to evaluate Earl's performance for D'Antoni. Sure I'd give him a look in a minicamp but I'm a lil suspicious of his performance last season.