• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What happened to this guy?

ATL_BALLER

Didn't watch him in college so I can't speak for what he did at unc.

He's regressed. Whether its a confidence issue, whether he hasn't been coached up, whether he just sucks - he doesn't have that fire he showed after sending that dunk home.

For those of us foolish few who still hold out hope for marvin - myself included - woodson is gone. The excuses end next season.

Whats crazy is that in that video the announcer at one point says how Marvin is the most talented player on that team (Marvin, Sean May, Rashad McCants, Raymond Felton, Jawad Williams), and until recently he was right. Of course Raymond Felton has proven himself to be a more productive pro, but it was close for a while. Marvin still has a better overall skillset but where it counts, heart, Feltons got him.

McCants and May have fallen off the map. Jawad never stood a chance.

I think ALL those players were hyped up too much at that time, but I guess winning a ncaa title will do that (cough, cough..Kentucky).

And....tho I would never fault a guy, esp. a fellow young African-American male, for getting his education, as I believe it is crucial in our society. But when Marv finally is done with school and can actually focus completely on improving his game during the offseason, I think he could actually reach his adjusted potential. not #2 pick potential however.

• Premium Member

Didn't watch him in college so I can't speak for what he did at unc.

He's regressed. Whether its a confidence issue, whether he hasn't been coached up, whether he just sucks - he doesn't have that fire he showed after sending that dunk home.

For those of us foolish few who still hold out hope for marvin - myself included - woodson is gone. The excuses end next season.

The excuses should have ended 2 seasons ago. What happened to Marvin is simple.. he was exposed. At 6'9, you're supposed to dunk on non-NBA material on a run out. However, when you play against pro talent, the game changes. Just like college coaches can't be as successful as pros, neither are college standouts who lack "it". Marvin doesn't love the game he plays. He's better suited to be a color guy ala Brad Daugherty. IF anybody knows who the real Marvin Williams is, it's LD. I believe LD will have Marvin coming off the bench because he has to realize that Marvin is just a failed experiment and we could probably get more out of Marvin in small spurts.

• Premium Member

And....tho I would never fault a guy, esp. a fellow young African-American male, for getting his education, as I believe it is crucial in our society. But when Marv finally is done with school and can actually focus completely on improving his game during the offseason, I think he could actually reach his adjusted potential. not #2 pick potential however.

Dude, Marvin has the next 50 years to get a degree. His NBA window is short. He doesn't love the game. That's why he moves the game to the back and puts everything before it.

But let's not blame Marvin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zSVu76AX3I...

MW was probably 225 back then. He was reportedly 250 pounds a year or so back and whomever allowed to that happened should of been fired on the spot. A pure perimeter player to weigh that much is just *ss backwards. LD should make him go back down to the 220s or trade him, simple as that.

What happened? Well he was playing against FSU and was on the best college team in basketball.

He then got drafted and got a lump contract, was misused and is content with 60 mill.

Edited by HAWKSFAN89