• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Absent Joe

HawkItus

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he has to live here, but come on run a camp or something. Even Crawford came in and endorsed a few politicians. This man doesn't appear to put any roots into this community. And if he's not doing that, how can we expect him to be anything more than a hired gun. Wade and Lebron, they put it on the line for their cities. They have a connection and I'd go as far as to say those teams and cities actually get more than what they pay for. Kobe too. We don't have that with Joe. We get what we pay for(except for the playoffs) and nothing more. He doesn't give us a swagger or promote Atlanta at all. Should this be the highest paid guy on our team?

• Premium Member

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he has to live here, but come on run a camp or something. Even Crawford came in and endorsed a few politicians. This man doesn't appear to put any roots into this community. And if he's not doing that, how can we expect him to be anything more than a hired gun. Wade and Lebron, they put it on the line for their cities. They have a connection and I'd go as far as to say those teams and cities actually get more than what they pay for. Kobe too. We don't have that with Joe. We get what we pay for(except for the playoffs) and nothing more. He doesn't give us a swagger or promote Atlanta at all. Should this be the highest paid guy on our team?

I understand where you are coming from but if a guy chooses to live elsewhere or not take part in the community that is his business.

• Moderators

I don't know that this is true. The one thing we know about Joe Johnson is he leads by example. He may be serving soup at the homeless shelter every night and I don't think we'd know about it. At least not from Joe. Of course, that giant-*ss, ridiculous truck would be parked outside so i guess we'd know. biggrin.gif

• Moderators

I understand where you are coming from but if a guy chooses to live elsewhere or not take part in the community that is his business.

That is my feeling. I doubt those guys are doing much that their agents aren't recommending as part of a savvy PR strategy. Joe isn't outgoing and doesn't look to maximize his exposure like Kobe, Lebron and Wade. It would be nice but if the player doesn't want to do it.

That is my feeling. I doubt those guys are doing much that their agents aren't recommending as part of a savvy PR strategy. Joe isn't outgoing and doesn't look to maximize his exposure like Kobe, Lebron and Wade. It would be nice but if the player doesn't want to do it.

And JJ has a super man agent whom I am sure helped him with that apology after calling the booing and no show fans out.

I believe Joe does his Santa-Lanta every winter time ever since he got here. He even won the charity award for our team one time(maybe multiple times...not sure). Joe does his part in the community. Joe does his share of charity work in Atlanta.

That's good to know. I still think he could have been a little more "present" throughout his career here. I'm glad about the charities and apparently he does a lot of work through the boys and girls club.

• Premium Member

he gave this city 3 straight years of playoff basketball. Anything else is a bonus.

• Like 2

he gave this city 3 straight years of playoff basketball. Anything else is a bonus.

He did? Well I guess Mike Bibby can say the same thing. Al Horford too. Josh Smith and even Woody. Don't give me the "Joe" gave us the playoffs. Big part of us getting to the playoffs? Yes. But, I think this team without Joe could have gone to the playoffs this year.

• Moderators

And JJ has a super man agent whom I am sure helped him with that apology after calling the booing and no show fans out.

Yes - but there is a difference between damage control and a proactive PR strategy. JJ doesn't have a proactive PR strategy where he is trying to do things that put him in the public eye in a good way. The others all do that. JJ seems content to be a "silent" All-Star and let his game do his talking.

Having first hand knowledge of how Lebron acted at Mo Williams summer camp when there was no media or cameras around, I skwirm everytime I here someone mention how much he "cares". He had absolutely no interest in signing autographs for a few 8year olds and was constantly asking his entourage if it was time to go/how long he had to stay. Mo Williams wasn't pleased. He isn't Lebron's best buddy. I can say that much.