• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dan LeBa(s)tard claims Bosh S&T to Miami agreed to in principle.

mrhonline

That trades open up the cap room for the 3 max salaries.

However, I don't see James going there.

Wade and Bosh will have 6 year deals with a whole lot more money then teh 5 year deal James can get from the Heat.

I could see Pierce there before James.

This does make Miami better but I realy doubt it makes them a title contender next year (unless they pick up a piece like Pierce or Boozer).

Yea, Bosh is good but I've never been overly impressed with him. He's only slighly better than Horford in rebounds. While does have a better PPG (24 vs 14.6) Horford can still imporve in this area and will probably get more opportunities to score in a new offensive system.

• Premium Member

I don't think that Lebron is going to care about the 6th year. This is not the last max contract he will get so the 6th year doesn't matter to him like it does to someone like Joe Johnson.

Not so much the 6th year, per se, that retards his interest... rather, the pay raises year-to-year would be the hold-up.

Beasley and Chalmers is not bad considering the alternative would be to lose Bosh for nothing at all.

I'd rather lose Bosh for nothing and defend from a possible dynasty than get players that will never even start for me.

Edited by jezmund

sturt- the pay raises year to year come out to around 4 million dollars total over the entire 5 years as I recall. There is no way that is going to be the deciding factor for him. a 5 year 95.5 million dollar contract isn't much different than a 5 year 99 million dollar contract. Its the 6th year that is the bigger advantage.

Edited by spotatl

I don't think that Lebron is going to care about the 6th year. This is not the last max contract he will get so the 6th year doesn't matter to him like it does to someone like Joe Johnson.

Its not just the 6th year though.

Wade and Bosh would be making more money in yers 1-5 too unde this scenerio.

Wade is the king of Miami......not James. Wade has a ring......not James.

Does James want to play 2nd fiddle and be the 3rd highest paid player on his team ? Can his ego take that ? We shall see.

jezmund- If I am Toronto they are not championship contenders anytime soon. I'd easily take Beasley and Chalmers over nothing. What do they care if the Heat beat the Lakers next season? By the time they have any chance of winning a championship its unlikely that the Core off the heat would still be together.

If all they get are Wade and Bosh they are far from a dynasty. Id even say that if the Hawks bring back Joe and find Al a decent banger big the Hawks are still better than the Heat. Now if the get Wade Bosh and Delonte West's stepson then they are right with Orlando as tops in the division.

:lol6:

• Premium Member

sturt- the pay raises year to year come out to around 4 million dollars total over the entire 5 years as I recall. There is no way that is going to be the deciding factor for him. a 5 year 95.5 million dollar contract isn't much different than a 5 year 99 million dollar contract. Its the 6th year that is the bigger advantage.

I disagree... 1 million or two, maybe, but once you get above that, I think it becomes a debatable point...

But the comparison is somewhat moot because the only way he gets a 6 year is if CLE decides they're willing after all to do a SnT... and too, it's notable that even in that instance, Miami won't have the ammunition to do a second SnT beyond Bosh.

I disagree... 1 million or two, maybe, but once you get above that, I think it becomes a debatable point...

But the comparison is somewhat moot because the only way he gets a 6 year is if CLE decides they're willing after all to do a SnT... and too, it's notable that even in that instance, Miami won't have the ammunition to do a second SnT beyond Bosh.

Totaly agree.

5 years at $92 mill

or

6 years at $120 mill

Duhhhhh......Which one would you pick ?

I'd be shocked of James leaves Cleveland and turns down $25 mill to $30 mill. He is just like a SS kid wanting attention right now with all the rest of the FAs.

Edited by coachx

I'd take less money to live in Miami vs cleveland. Seriously- I wouldn't move to Cleveland unless I was getting at least a 50% raise on what I currently make. ther is no way that Lebron is going to decide on $$ when its a 5 year 95.5 million dollar deal vs a 5 year 99 million dollar deal. To be honest I can't imaigine why he would even consider resigning with Cleveland. Terrible town and a team with no pieces to improve around him.

I don't think that lebron cares about the 6th season. This is not his last max contract so the 6th year is going to be a big payday for him either way. Joe johnson does care about a 6th year because this is his last big contract. It wouldn't shock me to see Lebron sign just a 4 year contract so he could opt out after his third year. Though the iffyness with the new CBA does make that less likely.

Edited by spotatl

• Premium Member

I'd take less money to live in Miami vs cleveland. Seriously- I wouldn't move to Cleveland unless I was getting at least a 50% raise on what I currently make. ther is no way that Lebron is going to decide on $$ when its a 5 year 95.5 million dollar deal vs a 5 year 99 million dollar deal. To be honest I can't imaigine why he would even consider resigning with Cleveland. Terrible down and a team with no pieces to improve around him.

I don't think that lebron cares about the 6th season. This is not his last max contract so the 6th year is going to be a big payday for him either way. Joe johnson does care about a 6th year because this is his last big contract. It wouldn't shock me to see Lebron sign just a 4 year contract so he could opt out after his third year. Though the iffyness with the new CBA does make that less likely.

We agree. James has no talent around him to win a title in Cleveland and he will with practically any other team he can sign with.

• Premium Member

Totaly agree.

5 years at $92 mill

or

6 years at $120 mill

Duhhhhh......Which one would you pick ?

I'd be shocked of James leaves Cleveland and turns down $25 mill to $30 mill. He is just like a SS kid wanting attention right now with all the rest of the FAs.

The per year is what matters, though... not the sum total of the contract... he has to approach this from the standpoint that he's not going to be paid anything appreciably more or less in 2015, regardless of whether he's playing for the 6th of this contract or the 1st of his next.

• Admin

Joel and Chalmers are pretty mediocre guys if you ask any Heat fan. They do hate Beasley had to go though.

Looks like Felton is interested in Miami now so that will give them their point guard.

If Lebron signs then they will have to fill the roster with Spare Parts

Looks like Felton is interested in Miami now so that will give them their point guard.

If Lebron signs then they will have to fill the roster with Spare Parts

If they have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh really all they need at PG is a person that can hit a wide open jumper and play some D. And at Center someone that can rebound and play some D. Fill the bench up with shooters.

jezmund- If I am Toronto they are not championship contenders anytime soon. I'd easily take Beasley and Chalmers over nothing. What do they care if the Heat beat the Lakers next season? By the time they have any chance of winning a championship its unlikely that the Core off the heat would still be together.

Spotatl- I see what you are saying and typically would agree but I don't consider Beasley and Chalmers 'assets'. They are just salary. I don't think Wade/Bosh/James is good for the NBA and as an NBA Exec I wouldn't assist in it happening. But that is my stubborness coming into play.

I think that Spoelstra has completely botched it with Beasley. Put it this way- if the Hawks are going to lose Joe Anyway I'd love to see Beasley end up here and I can't see why it should be different for the Raptors. All of those guys will hit FA in 4 years. If my championship window is not in the next 4 years then I don't care at all how much a deal helps the other team- I only care whether its the best deal for my team.

Edited by spotatl