Cavs interested in Childress?

HawksFan87

• Moderators

IMO, we can't deal both Childress and Marvin without getting back a SF. Jamison is totally unnecessary for our team since both Josh and Al are better PFs than he is.

Send them Childress, Marv and Mike Bibby for Mo and Jamison.

I'd rather send Chillz Marvin and Bibby for Mo and AV. We need a guy like AV desperately; sign Shaq and Matt Barnes.....and play ball.

Mo/Teague

JJ/Jamal/JC2

Barnes/Evans

Smoove/AV

Al/Shaq/ZZ

Thats a pretty good damn basketball team.

Edited by swolehawk2

Yep. Bibby/Marvin -for- Mo/Shaq???

That is a win-win for us and I actually think Cleveland would bite. Find a way to throw in Jamario Moon (solid defender, strong finisher at the rim) and I would love it.

PG Mo Williams

SG Joe Johnson

SF Josh Childress

PF Josh Smith

C Al Horford

Jamal Crawford

Shaq

Jeff Teague

Jordan Crawford

Zaza

Jamario Moon

Mo Evans

• Premium Member

Mo Williams is a poor defender, but he's a terrific scorer. People forget how solid he was with the Bucks before he went to Cleveland.

Shaq/Marvin -for- Mo/Bibby would mean that Shaq could make no more than $6.17M this upcoming season.

Mo = $26.3M

Shaq = $13.0M

Total = $39.3M

Marvin = $30.0M

Bibby = $11.8M

Total = $41.8M

The Hawks would actually save money with this deal. I don't think Childress would be coming back, though. The Hawks would be within $2M of the tax.

PG: Mo/Teague/Jamal

Wing: JJ/Jamal/Evans/Jordan

Forward; JJ/Smith/Evans

Big: Horford/Smith/Shaq/Zaza

Edited by mrhonline
  • Like 2

No doubt Josh Smith is unavailable to the Cavs. The Cavs don't even have a player in Josh's stratosphere. Just say no to Mo Williams, he was riding LeBron's coattails harder than anyone on that team, plus he can't play a lick of d. Maybe Marvin for Varejao, even though he can't slow D. Howard one bit.

Didn't Mo get OWNED by Rajon Rondo? Why would we want him?

Exactly. If it turns out thats the only way Shaq would come here (which I doubt) and we are interested that would be the only route.

Don't underestimate that Cleveland just got a TPE and some draft picks. This could be interesting, but given how Sund's trades with the Hawks have seemingly came out of nowhere I doubt this materializes.

For what its worth rumors out of Philly are saying that TPE may be used to get Andre Iggy.

Send them Childress, Marv and Mike Bibby for Mo and Jamison.

No on Jamison. He is owed big money for 2 years and wouldn't start over Smith or Horford. My trade is:

Childress (S&T) / Bibby / Evans for Shaq (2 year deal) / Moon / West (Immediately waived to offset increased payroll)

THEN! (Fantasy land)

Smith / Marvin / JCraw for Paul / Okafor / JWright

Paul / Teague

Johnson / JoCraw

??? / Moon / Wright

Horford / Zaza

Okafor / Shaq

PG: Mo/Teague/Jamal

Wing: JJ/Jamal/Evans/Jordan

Forward; JJ/Smith/Evans

Big: Horford/Smith/Shaq/Zaza

I know JJ needs to prove he's worth that huge contract, but i don't think he could start at sg and sf at the same time. :tongue:

Didn't Mo get OWNED by Rajon Rondo? Why would we want him?

Rondo is scared of getting his shot blocked by Josh Smith.

That why we swept Boston last year.Rondo didn't attack Bibby like he does against other pgs.

He may have meant JJ Hickson

ahh ok