• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Paul could be traded soon...

T21

I expect Sund not to do anything. But Chris Paul would be a game-changer and we need to do it.

Sund is in Utah waiting for the Rocky Mountain Review ( sarcasm ) to start to find our diamond in the rough center . LMFAO

Lets see Gearon says we have 400,000 of the 3 mil we made off OKCity to spend minus plane fare, car rental, gas and grub. :write a letter: hmmm I wonder where Jahadi White is these days and when the hell is this review going to start, Im the only guy in Utah, wtf?

• Admin

I doubt CP3 gets traded, it's just speculation, since the GM was let go. If Bower and Paul had such a "sour" relationship (as the article states) than why would Bower refuse to trade Paul.

Smith / Crawford / Bibby for Paul / Okafor works and we don't give up so much depth

It gives them Crawford's ending contract

Bibby's contract will be tradable next year

Smith is a marketable player that can promote

They get out of Okafor's big contract

I would love to get Paul. But even if he is available, why would they trade him to the Hawks? I'm sure there are at least a dozen teams that would put up a package of players/picks to get him - including NY, NJ, Phoenix (Nash is getting old), etc. We have a cheap, confused ownership that is not committed to winning a championship and a rookie coach. At least we are not in the same division or conference. Do we have some other advantage that I don't know of?

• Admin

We've talked about bringing Paul here alot, but would we want to do so if they wanted Horford instead of Smoove?

Jamal Crawford, Mike Bibby, Al Horford, and Mo Evans for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor works, but are we any better?

Let's say we get Shaq for the MLE (no trade of Marvin)

Paul/Teague

Johnson/Crawford

Williams/???? (Stackhouse for LLE?)

Smith/Okafor (also plays Center some)

O'Neal/Pachulia

vs.

Bibby/Teague

Johnson/Crawford/Crawford

Williams/Evans

Smith/Horford

Horford/O'Neal/Pachulia

If we acquire Okafor either for Horford or Smith I would not bother with getting Shaq. Okafor becomes my starting center. Instead I would look to acquire a backup PF. That makes more sense

If we acquire Okafor either for Horford or Smith I would not bother with getting Shaq. Okafor becomes my starting center. Instead I would look to acquire a backup PF. That makes more sense

I think Okafor becomes your backup PF. He prefers playing that position (much like Al), but has played Center most of his career. On nights where Shaq needs off or is injured, Okafor starts at Center. I like having a deep team with versatile players.

Smith / Crawford / Bibby for Paul / Okafor works and we don't give up so much depth

As much as I think you are right Cap - it just tears at my insides that if we had CP3 and I couldn't watch him feed ooops to Smoove.

I agree.... but there has to be a way we can keep Horf and Smith and still make this trade.... all these exceptions and selling the 31st pick should compensate for a player or two. We also have draft picks that we need to get rid of.... (dont know how to use those things)

CP3/Ok

for

Bibby/ Marvin/ and 2 First (Zaza too if needed)

that should do it...

Your right...The Hawks will not part ways with Smith or Horford I think they have made that more than apparent, but people keep insisting. but anyway, if the hawks have any chance of getting Paul it will be a three team deal with Atlanta, N.O., and Cleveland.

Some form of deal like this.

Atlanta trade Marvin, Bibby, and maybe either Crawford or Zaza to Cleveland(they are in need of a SF)

Cleveland trades Williams, Shaq to N.O(Shaq gets paid)

N.O. Trade Chris Paul to Atlanta with some random guy(Atlanta gets redemption)

That's the only way I see Atlanta getting Paul. They will not move smoove or horford because that leaves to many holes in the hawks line up, both horford and smoove are better at their respective positions then Okafor or any substitution for the two. I believe Sund is aware of this and will try to do a multi-team deal in order to pursue paul. Also their are to many unknowns with Paul right now to risk exploding the core of you team, the main two being health and next year Free agency. if we get paul only to lose him next year, we will loose a young '6-8/9" SF, or a young 6-8/9" PF, or a young 6-10 PF/C for nothing and will have to worry about hawks management draft picks for years to come because we will defiantly be in the lottery or in that zone right above sucking where you essentially get nothing, we all know the draft history here in Atlanta.

• Like 1

we dont have the assets the Hornets would never do a deal like that . At some point youve got to understand that Paul is worth Crawfod,Smith,and Bibby alone . Paul is not only a first team all nba caliber player but hes also a first team defense player but we are gonna get him and a defensive double double machine center for two non all stars and a washed up pg ?

They dont want to get out from under okafors contract they dont have a center or even anyone remotely able to put up Okafors numbers they also just traded a SHORTER CONTRACT in Chandler for Okafor why would they try and get out from under now ?

We dont have the assets to get Paul

• Admin

Your right...The Hawks will not part ways with Smith or Horford I think they have made that more than apparent, but people keep insisting. but anyway, if the hawks have any chance of getting Paul it will be a three team deal with Atlanta, N.O., and Cleveland.

Some form of deal like this.

Atlanta trade Marvin, Bibby, and maybe either Crawford or Zaza to Cleveland(they are in need of a SF)

Cleveland trades Williams, Shaq to N.O(Shaq gets paid)

N.O. Trade Chris Paul to Atlanta with some random guy(Atlanta gets redemption)

That's the only way I see Atlanta getting Paul. They will not move smoove or horford because that leaves to many holes in the hawks line up, both horford and smoove are better at their respective positions then Okafor or any substitution for the two. I believe Sund is aware of this and will try to do a multi-team deal in order to pursue paul. Also their are to many unknowns with Paul right now to risk exploding the core of you team, the main two being health and next year Free agency. if we get paul only to lose him next year, we will loose a young '6-8/9" SF, or a young 6-8/9" PF, or a young 6-10 PF/C for nothing and will have to worry about hawks management draft picks for years to come because we will defiantly be in the lottery or in that zone right above sucking where you essentially get nothing, we all know the draft history here in Atlanta.

They would absolutely trade Smith or Horford for the chance to get Paul. Yes, Okafor is not as good as either but the combo of Paul/Okafor more then makes up for the loss of one of Smith/Horford and Okafor is an adequate replacement. You get one of if not the best point guard in the NBA and a good PF/Center at the cost of one of our PFs and Crawford/Bibby.

• Like 1

• Admin

we dont have the assets the Hornets would never do a deal like that . At some point youve got to understand that Paul is worth Crawfod,Smith,and Bibby alone . Paul is not only a first team all nba caliber player but hes also a first team defense player but we are gonna get him and a defensive double double machine center for two non all stars and a washed up pg ?

They dont want to get out from under okafors contract they dont have a center or even anyone remotely able to put up Okafors numbers they also just traded a SHORTER CONTRACT in Chandler for Okafor why would they try and get out from under now ?

We dont have the assets to get Paul

It has been going around for a long time that NO wants to get out from under Okafor's contract. THey are not about winning right now but saving money....

They would absolutely trade Smith or Horford for the chance to get Paul. Yes, Okafor is not as good as either but the combo of Paul/Okafor more then makes up for the loss of one of Smith/Horford and Okafor is an adequate replacement. You get one of if not the best point guard in the NBA and a good PF/Center at the cost of one of our PFs and Crawford/Bibby.

Sorry pal, I have to disagree...too many unknowns to much risk. Sund is smart, so he we play ball to keep up appearances but at the same time trying to finagle a three team deal because he is set that neither of the two, smoove/horford, will be moved.

It has been going around for a long time that NO wants to get out from under Okafor's contract. THey are not about winning right now but saving money....

No they dont thats a rumor if they wanted out it there were teams looking for bigs with a TPE that wouldve taken him after MJ pulled out Im sure the raps would love to get a center like Okafor to put next to Bargani in lue of Chandler . make no mistake no one ever said they wanted to DUMP Okafor considering they have no other capable center why would they ? If they wanted out of it why would trade a shorter contract in Chandlers for a longer one just 6 months ago .With paul missing so much time last year I doubt the Hornets are in a rush to dump Okafor .

• Moderators

No they dont thats a rumor if they wanted out it there were teams looking for bigs with a TPE that wouldve taken him after MJ pulled out Im sure the raps would love to get a center like Okafor to put next to Bargani in lue of Chandler . make no mistake no one ever said they wanted to DUMP Okafor considering they have no other capable center why would they ? If they wanted out of it why would trade a shorter contract in Chandlers for a longer one just 6 months ago .With paul missing so much time last year I doubt the Hornets are in a rush to dump Okafor .

I don't think many teams want Okafor on his contract. He is competent but not an impact guy at all.

I think we would have to be insane not to try and win with a core of Paul + JoJo + one of Smith or Horford. That just seems like common sense to me.

• Like 1

help%20wanted.gif

CP3 would make Smoove a significantly better player. I don't think that him and Horf would make as dynamic a combination.

A bit OT - didn't want to make a new post - I was listening to 680theFan driving home and they were talking about a Hawks trade - like it happened (I think - it wasn't Escobar/Braves) - they went to break and all stations were on commercials till I got home (I live close to work)

Anybody heard anything? I apologize if I'm off base. 680 usually doesn't talk Hawks.

Edited by DJlaysitup