• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After we get Shaq, Smoove = 6th man of the year!

Diesel

• Premium Member

It's as clear as day.

We bring in Shaq.

Our starting lineup becomes:

Shaq, Horf, Joe, Jamal, and Teague.

We play Shaq about 10 Minutes in the first. Sit him until the 3rd. Smoove comes in in the first, plays until the half. While we have Shaq on the floor, we're mastering the inside out game with Shaq, Joe, Jamal, and Horf with Teague being the conductor. When Bibby comes in off the bench, our inside out game improves.

Our bench would be composed of Bibby, Jordan Crawford, Smoove, Zaza, and maybe Matt Barnes.

We'd be a very deep team.

But Smoove would definitely be our energy guy off the bench.

The rule is that a player has to come off the bench more games than he starts, considering that this is Shaq we are talking about (a player more concerned with a last pay-day at this point) Smoove would have some trouble being eligible between Shaq's 20+ games missed due to injury, sitting on back to backs and generally not being needed against lineups not named Orlando.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wondered this a little while back, though my grand schemes assumed we'd finally use the MLE this year (WTH was I thinking):

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/347426-next-years-6th-man-winner-josh-smith/page__p__450341__fromsearch__1#entry450341

I still see Shaq coming off the bench (assuming that pipe dream comes to fruition for $5.5 mill) and Smoove starts. If acquiring Shaq doesn't happen, how about Dampier? I understand the Bobcats may dump his salary and waive him.

~lw3

The rule is that a player has to come off the bench more games than he starts, considering that this is Shaq we are talking about (a player more concerned with a last pay-day at this point) Smoove would have some trouble being eligible between Shaq's 20+ games missed due to injury, sitting on back to backs and generally not being needed against lineups not named Orlando.

Did not know that. Thanks.

It's as clear as day.

We bring in Shaq.

Our starting lineup becomes:

Shaq, Horf, Joe, Jamal, and Teague.

We play Shaq about 10 Minutes in the first. Sit him until the 3rd. Smoove comes in in the first, plays until the half. While we have Shaq on the floor, we're mastering the inside out game with Shaq, Joe, Jamal, and Horf with Teague being the conductor. When Bibby comes in off the bench, our inside out game improves.

Our bench would be composed of Bibby, Jordan Crawford, Smoove, Zaza, and maybe Matt Barnes.

We'd be a very deep team.

But Smoove would definitely be our energy guy off the bench.

hahaha Diesel you are talking about a guy who was jealous that two of his longtime teammates made the all star team over him and now you think he will be okay with coming of the bench thus diminishing his own all star chances and star in his own mind . He would flip out lol

• Premium Member

hahaha Diesel you are talking about a guy who was jealous that two of his longtime teammates made the all star team over him and now you think he will be okay with coming of the bench thus diminishing his own all star chances and star in his own mind . He would flip out lol

In the grand scheme of things, Smoove can still get his minutes. IN fact, I have shaq at about 24 mpg. That leaves 72 minutes to share between Horf, Smoove, and Zaza. Not to mention, Smoove could get some time at the 3.

There have been allstars who have come off the bench: Ginobili, Ceballos, R. Pierce comes to mind.

In the grand scheme of things, Smoove can still get his minutes. IN fact, I have shaq at about 24 mpg. That leaves 72 minutes to share between Horf, Smoove, and Zaza. Not to mention, Smoove could get some time at the 3.

There have been allstars who have come off the bench: Ginobili, Ceballos, R. Pierce comes to mind.

Oh I know that and you know that but when LD comes to Smoove with his new plan to bring Smoove off the bench do you think Smoove is gonna care ? His mentality will lead him to believe he was benched and I just dont think Mentally he could handle it