• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Shaq is coming.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Shaq is a star magnet. Hawks will be on TV all the time. Atlanta would have been good anyway, but add Shaq and we just might when 60 something.

Smoove = 6th man of the year.

Shaq = Starter.

JCraw = Starter.

Joe = SF!!

We won't need Matt Barnes. We would need a PG who could be trusted and play defense. Earlier I said maybe Pargo. We missed Sessions. CJ Watson is out there!

Shaq is a star magnet. Hawks will be on TV all the time. Atlanta would have been good anyway, but add Shaq and we just might when 60 something.

Shaq = Starter.

JCraw = Starter.

Joe = SF!!

We won't need Matt Barnes. We would need a PG who could be trusted and play defense. Earlier I said maybe Pargo. We missed Sessions. CJ Watson is out there!

Well, he'll have two years to do it. If Shaq was like 34 or 35, I would be on board and very stoked. It just seems like in Atlanta sports history we always get "Mega Stars" that are way past our prime. They look at us as their late big payoff and do more PR than playing.

Shaq doesn't have it in him to start. Nor will he play every day. It ain't happening. Shaq would be nice, but he won't solve everything. We still have a huge question mark at PG, questions about how readily this new group will pick up the new offense, and whether they will play consistent defense.

Let's hold off on the delusions of grandeur Diesel.

Well, he'll have two years to do it. If Shaq was like 34 or 35, I would be on board and very stoked. It just seems like in Atlanta sports history we always get "Mega Stars" that are way past our prime. They look at us as their late big payoff and do more PR than playing.

I was thinking the same thing. We get excited over old *ss FORMER stars...LOL.

Shaq = Starter.

JCraw = Starter.

Joe = SF!!

The front office will sign Kwame Brown or maybe someone even worse. The dirt poor PG situation is not going to be repaired. I'm sure they've tried to trade Bibby, but why woukd anyone want him at this stage? In the defense of Sund, I did not expect Bibby to take as sharp of a decline that he has. But the reality is that this is a team full of guards now. It went from a team full of forwards to guards. Pargo is not the solution though. Heck, I'd rather just throw Teague out there. Sessions would have been really good though... And yes, the Hawks miss out. But they ALWAYS miss out. Because they always have their sights set on the lesser guys.

• Premium Member

So Shaq is not in his prime. Consider the alternatives!! Shaq is better than RandMo and Collins put together time 3. Shaq will provide help on our frontline and we will finally have an established inside presence.. even if just for a little while.

• Premium Member

Putting Joe at the 3 takes away one of his advantages when he plays the 2, his size and height. I rather keep Joe at the 2 and have Smoove play the 3.

I disagree. Joe's size against threes is still very overwhelming. Joe is big enough and strong enough to use his size against Most threes. Playing Joe at the 2 and having him chase 2 guards and PGs is what tends to wear him down. For example, Joe was freakin superman when we started the series against Milwaukee. If you want a picture of how good Joe could be, look at games 1 and 2 of that series. Then when Joe had to cover Bibby's man (Jennings), it wore Joe down. By the end of the series, Joe was Clark Kent. Really flat going into Orlando.

• Premium Member

Most fans would be OK if the Hawks signed Shaq outright. The problem is trading Marvin for a guy that may decide to hang it up midstream. Too much of a risk.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Most fans would be OK if the Hawks signed Shaq outright. The problem is trading Marvin for a guy that may decide to hang it up midstream. Too much of a risk.

lol look at that 2005 draft How is trading Marvin for shaq a risk ? We are the only team still holding out hope that our player from that draft will amount to anything . Marvin is a fringe starter rotation guy at this point he have very little post game, cant shoot the three, and is not a lockdown defender . The risk here is going into another season with the same starting 5 and the same weaknesses . Marvin must have some dirty pics of Hawks management because seriously refuse to let go of what has been a busted draft. Us holding onto Marvin would be like The Raps holding onto Charlie V or the Blazers holding onto Martell Webster at a certain point you have to wash your hands of the pick .

• Like 1