• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question...

Diesel

Dude, team basketball doesn't work like that! Players have to compliment one another. You can't put 3 gunners on the same team and add their averages up to spit out an expected per game point total. Arenas is not the player the Hawks need. They have plenty of shooters! What they need is a big guy to Rebound and block shots and that's it! Stay Focus please and stop all of these distraction threads.

I agree . . we desperately need another rebounder or shot blocker on this team. Or a guy who can score in the low post ( which would probably help us out offensively the most ). The last thing we need is ANOTHER high volume gunner.

LOL . . and PLEASE don't make me root for Gilbert Arenas. It's bad enough I have to root for Jamal. Don't make me root for Gilbert too.

I agree . . we desperately need another rebounder or shot blocker on this team. Or a guy who can score in the low post ( which would probably help us out offensively the most ). The last thing we need is ANOTHER high volume gunner.

LOL . . and PLEASE don't make me root for Gilbert Arenas. It's bad enough I have to root for Jamal. Don't make me root for Gilbert too.

We can add the rebounder shotblocker in Shaq. Or Boone. Those can be acheived after getting a Arenas. The addition of an Arenas or Carmelo comes around rarely. Sund/ASG has to take the risk to be great. We are mired in top-level mediocrity. Face it, Teague is not ready. Bibby is a shooting SG now so Jamal is our starting point guard. As a point, Gilbert is better. Sure he is a flake but so what. Josh has flake tendencies, Marvin is in LaLa (mushroom man is my friend) and all need to be managed. Difference is Arenas is a superior talent, better than anyone else on this team (if he be Healthy).

That's right. Like Carmelo, Arenas is better than any Hawk.

Nothing to see here...this is just another trade Marvin thread....He starts out by saying "no trade" but a couple of replies later he says "trade Bibby/Marvin/Mo for GA" :question:

I don't think I remember Isiah getting rid of dead wood and bringing back a 3 time allstar. Please, correct me if I'm wrong?

Stephon Marbury made two all star games before Isaiah got him and Steve Francis made three.

Instead of Isiah Thomas, maybe you should consider this is the type of move that the Lakers made when they got Gasol.

pass

Quick question. How many bouts with trouble did Gilbert have before gungate?

Gungate is serious enough. Guy named Plaxico Burress do anything for you? I am not going to minimze a idiot who thinks bringing guns into the locker room when in a open dispute over money, with a teammate, is a smart thing to do. You can all you want, but do not throw that minimalistic viewpoint my way. He is a wanna be gangster and probably has no business in a NBA locker room that does not have a weapons scanner.

Agent Zero is super talented; but no way is he worth the risk. In a year or two with a clean bill of health and behavior, take a flyer on him to put us over the top. But right now, he has proven to be nothing more than a huge health risk and a immature punk head case.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Gungate is serious enough. Guy named Plaxico Burress do anything for you? I am not going to minimze a idiot who thinks bringing guns into the locker room when in a open dispute over money, with a teammate, is a smart thing to do. You can all you want, but do not throw that minimalistic viewpoint my way. He is a wanna be gangster and probably has no business in a NBA locker room that does not have a weapons scanner.

Agent Zero is super talented; but no way is he worth the risk. In a year or two with a clean bill of health and behavior, take a flyer on him to put us over the top. But right now, he has proven to be nothing more than a huge health risk and a immature punk head case.

I just have a problem with guys who label a dude as being a "cancer" or a "problem player" when he only has made one mistake. I don't know.. Maybe Arenas did something in SF that I didn't know about however, from everything I have heard, he was a model citizen until gungate. Hell didn't he even come in second place to Olowakhandi for Citizenship Award?

The two biggest problems with Arenas are 1.) his horrible contract and 2.) he might be done, physically. He hasn't been a legit #1 scorer since the 2006-2007 season. That's an eternity. When you look at wing players who get into their late 20s/early 30s and have injury problems, they never recover. Michael Redd, Tracy McGrady, Alan Houston, you can name tons of them.

• Premium Member

The two biggest problems with Arenas are 1.) his horrible contract and 2.) he might be done, physically. He hasn't been a legit #1 scorer since the 2006-2007 season. That's an eternity. When you look at wing players who get into their late 20s/early 30s and have injury problems, they never recover. Michael Redd, Tracy McGrady, Alan Houston, you can name tons of them.

Tom? Last year before the suspension he was a 22.6 ppg player. That makes him a better scorer than Joe?

His contract is horrible because of the injury.

If you've forgotten, the injury was Gerald Wallace falling on him. Last year he came back and was doing well before Gungate.

That's a joke right? Teague did not impress last week. He is no where near ready to take this team to the next level. Arenas is light years past Teague and Bibs combined

He still has injury concerns and a huge contract. Also, we would have even less depth and we still would not have another big man.

He still has injury concerns and a huge contract. Also, we would have even less depth and we still would not have another big man.

I must have missed this "He still has injury concerns " stuff. He seemed to equip himself well last season until the suspension. Where is your evidence? As far as huge contract, he has huge game. No mystery there. We have to make moves to get to the championship level. Teague and Marvin aint gonna get us there.

I do not even know why these types of threads are opened unless its just boredom. I specifically remember Gearon saying he would go into luxury tax on a player such as LeBron. Keep doing these fantasy deals all you want, Agent Zero is several years past any thoughts of him being LeBrons equal. And the dude is making more than LeBron.

Honestly, do you think the Knicks owners have aquired our Hawks overnight or something?

Edited by Buzzard

I must have missed this "He still has injury concerns " stuff. He seemed to equip himself well last season until the suspension. Where is your evidence? As far as huge contract, he has huge game. No mystery there. We have to make moves to get to the championship level. Teague and Marvin aint gonna get us there.

Let him complete a season and I will give him a pass on injury risk. Let me see he isn't going to breakdown right before the playoffs like Brandon Roy. Honestly, I think the break grom his suspension last year probably helped him healthwise for this year, but I still think there is a risk.

I just do not think he will get us over the hump without another big man to contribute low post scoring and defense. I think we have enough guard play as we stand. We are weaker in the frontcourt.

Edited by OGRat

• 8 months later...