• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Say CHEESE ! " The Expendables"

coachx

Basically every actor I grew up watching in the 80s is in this movie. All I have to say is why are Chuck Norris, Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, and Jean Claude Van Dam being left out ?

Maybe they are saving them for the sequel.

http://www.theexpendablesmovie.net/

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcpb5a_ythe-big-black-liey-author-debates_news

Have you ever wanted to watch a movie just to laugh at it. Not laugh with it but laugh at it. Well, that is how I feel about this.

Edited by coachx

It Appears Stallone did try to recruit Jean Claude Van Damme but Van Damme was not to keen on the idea of playing the role as part of a team of mercenaries. He wanted to "save people." Action star turned wussy ? Come on dude, you made your name with "Bloodsport" and "Universal Soldier." Now your trying to be "Mr. Politically Correct Washed Up Action Hero ?"

Rounding up the cast, Mr. Stallone said, was not especially difficult, except for Jean-Claude Van Damme, who declined a role that was eventually taken by [Dolph] Lundgren. "He told me, you should be trying to save people in South Central," Mr. Stallone recalled of a conversation with Mr. Van Damme.

"I knew I'd lost him."

Source - nymag.com

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Can't wait either. I'm just hoping the words-to-butt-whoopin ratio, and the critics' review ratings, will be tremendously low. Better not be ANYBODY going for the Oscar in this one!

Regarding "The Muscles from Brussels" definitely check out the "JCVD" film sometime, he had an epiphany a couple years ago and now only seeks to appear in "quality" straight-to-video C-movies.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Basically every actor I grew up watching in the 80s is in this movie. All I have to say is why are Chuck Norris, Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, and Jean Claude Van Dam being left out ?

Maybe they are saving them for the sequel.

http://www.theexpendablesmovie.net/

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcpb5a_ythe-big-black-liey-author-debates_news

Have you ever wanted to watch a movie just to laugh at it. Not laugh with it but laugh at it. Well, that is how I feel about this.

Where was Wesley Snipes?

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the movie last night. The story line is pretty poor, but the action in the last 30 minutes of the movie made up for it. The scene with Terry Crews towards the end was the best thing about the movie.

• Moderators

Just checked it out this afternoon. Felt like a first-person-shooter-slasher-neck-snapper game. Good action that could have been much better. So many assaults/attacks/explosions that were less about satisfying plausibility than the audience's visceral amusement.

And what was the plot/angle again? Mercenaries bludgeon hundreds of soldiers and blow a corrupt regime to smithereens to salvage... a foreign general's daughter? Was that it?

Throughout the flick, they did spread out a few extended go-for-the-Oscar moments (including Mickey Rourke, in the challenging role of Mickey Rourke). Each was more like a cue to the audience that it's an awfully good time for a pee break.

The fight scenes were okay but could've been far more creative. They were good enough for mauler types like Cauliflower Ear Couture, Sly, and Stone Cold, but way below Jet Li's pay grade. Statham is the man when it's action time, but when he tries to get dramatic you can see why he may never get a Bond role. Everytime Crews appeared I couldn't help but hope he remembered to put some Old Spice deodorant on.

I saw JCVD and Seagal wimped out of their scripted roles because they didn't want to lose (to Jet Li - Dolph Lundgren filled in and did just fine) or die or something. They missed out, that was some easy money for the taking. If everyone's still alive in a couple years, there will probably be a sequel.

~lw3