• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our Answer For The Chills TPE?

MaceCase

The Thunder currently have 16 players under contract, one more than the NBA allows for the regular season.

Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman writes that Byron Mullens, D.J. White and Kyle Weaver are the most likely players to be dealt.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68356/20100726/thunder_prefer_trade_to_solve_roster_excess/

Not in the help now category but

Mullens 7'1" C with tremendous athleticism and upside.

White 6'9" PF banger in the paint but can range outside.

Weaver 6'6" SG think Mario with actual talent.

1, 2, or all 3 could be had for the TPE and the slew of 2nd rounders we've acquired that the Thunder are so fond of. Offer better talent and upside than Powell and Collins but lack experience, decent return on a TPE that is unlikely to be ever used by the ASG.

The TPE for DJ White? Where do I sign?

This is the kind of deal that a stats savvy GM would make, IMO. You get a young player who hasn't played a lot, but when he has played, he has produced. DJ White averaged 20.8 P/36 and 8.1 R/36 last year. He also posted a WS/48 of 0.276. Trade for him and give him minutes as the back up power forward.

Mullens, eh. If he weren't 7'0", no one would be talking about him. He had a negative effect on his team when he was on the floor. Kyle Weaver could be something if he can improve his shooting.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68356/20100726/thunder_prefer_trade_to_solve_roster_excess/

1, 2, or all 3 could be had for the TPE and the slew of 2nd rounders we've acquired that the Thunder are so fond of. Offer better talent and upside than Powell and Collins but lack experience, decent return on a TPE that is unlikely to be ever used by the ASG.

All three of these guys are NBDL players. We would do better signing one of our practice squad guys like Aminu.

The TPE for DJ White? Where do I sign?

This is the kind of deal that a stats savvy GM would make, IMO. You get a young player who hasn't played a lot, but when he has played, he has produced. DJ White averaged 20.8 P/36 and 8.1 R/36 last year. He also posted a WS/48 of 0.276. Trade for him and give him minutes as the back up power forward.

Mullens, eh. If he weren't 7'0", no one would be talking about him. He had a negative effect on his team when he was on the floor. Kyle Weaver could be something if he can improve his shooting.

I don't know about all the negative effect, havent seen the stats on when he is on/off the floor. BUT, I did see Mullens in quite a few summer league games and he mos def was working out there. He looked a lot better than any other scrub big man name that was mentioned. (Fresenko, etc) when talking about potential.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2010/players/byron_mullens/index.html

White or Mullens would def be a better practive player than, Augustine/Aminu/Davidson/Hendrix

I would like to take a moment to plug that I still would have like Toliver to be that additional big man on the squad. :beathorse:

He's lazy, doesn't work hard. I wouldn't label his athleticism as "tremendous" either. He moves well for a 7 footer, but that's it. He didn't start his one year at Ohio State, and the fact he is such a bad rebounder, for his size, was puzzling.

He's lazy, doesn't work hard. I wouldn't label his athleticism as "tremendous" either. He moves well for a 7 footer, but that's it. He didn't start his one year at Ohio State, and the fact he is such a bad rebounder, for his size, was puzzling.

I saw him some last season and absolutely agree with you but then I saw an entirely different player recently in summer league. Granted it's summer league but I saw him display a motor to go along with his skills which was what I never noticed before from him. Maybe he gets it now but either way DJ White is my main target here. Mullens is only attached to have a project big to develop and Weaver is my answer to shoring up perimeter D with a cheap prospect not named Mario. White may not be from Atlanta (Alabama actually) or have been Kobe's personal valet but he absolutely blew away Powell's production last season and offers much better upside going into the future.

• Like 2

Didn't you say the same when he was being drafted?

Didn't you say the same when he was being drafted?

Yes, I did. Kid had a terrible childhood, and lived in the sewers of Columbus. I feel sour badmouthing him...I hope Crawful is right about his talent.