• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We will go..as Marvin goes.

MVP23

I agree with signing Tmac or Josh Howard. I like both of them, and I think Tmac coming off the bench is still a 15 ppg guy. However, it won't matter if MArvin doesn't play good this year. Our backcourt is solid, our front court (with Shaq, not at the MLE though) would be solid. I noticed that every single team that goes to the finals has one thing. A good defending, good shooting SF. Lebron never makes it, but Matt Barnes and Ron Artest can. Marvin will be the difference between getting beat in the 2nd round, and seriously contending for a title. HAte him, or love you, you better root for him.

• Like 3

I agree with signing Tmac or Josh Howard. I like both of them, and I think Tmac coming off the bench is still a 15 ppg guy. However, it won't matter if MArvin doesn't play good this year. Our backcourt is solid, our front court (with Shaq, not at the MLE though) would be solid. I noticed that every single team that goes to the finals has one thing. A good defending, good shooting SF. Lebron never makes it, but Matt Barnes and Ron Artest can. Marvin will be the difference between getting beat in the 2nd round, and seriously contending for a title. HAte him, or love you, you better root for him.

i can agree to a certain extent. i truly believe marvin will be ok this year coming up. he will feel like he's more of a need and will have a bigger role than he's had in the past thanks to LD and really just the changing of the hawks staff.

There's only an inch and about 10 pounds difference between Joe and LeBron.

That is misleading, in a way. I think LeBron is closer to 6'9 260, damn Karl Malone running the point.

JJ might appear to have a similar body, but he's not faster or quicker. Let's not even go there with the hops...They may have similar bodies, but they don't compare as athletes. LeBron is a freak.

• Premium Member

Disagree. Marvin does not impact the main component of being sucessful in the playoffs, that is interior play on both ends of the floor especially interior defense and defensive rebounding. When you look at points in the paint and rebounding for the last two years in playoffs, the Hawks have been absolutely destroyed and exposed. Marvin Williams scoring a few more points and maybe grabbing a couple more rebounds isn't going to change the most fatal flaw of this team. Sad to say, neither is some new and untested offensive scheme.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

Agreed, with Howard and Mcgrady available it would sure take pressure off the other scorers on the team to find one at small forward. I hope Marvin proves us wrong but the guy is just to inconsistent and disappears in games. If I could exchange Howard or Mcgrady for him I would meaning I would take nothing for Marvin and sign Howard or Mcgrady. Small forward is the easiest position to fill yet we are stuck with Marvin.

If Marvin doesn't improve his game after Drew's new offense I want him off the team. After seeing Orlando torch us and Milwaukee almost beating us without their 2 best players somebody as to soon go. Will play it out and pray Drew's offense will some how make us into an elite team :thumbsdownsmileyanim: (just don't see it) and if it doesn't some whole sale changes are needed.We've had this group to long to keep getting the same results.

he's not faster or quicker. Let's not even go there with the hops...They may have similar bodies, but they don't compare as athletes. LeBron is a freak.

No kidding, that's what makes LeBron the best basketball player in the league next to Kobe.

Haha...I hope he plays well because I root for every ATL Hawk, but if WE GO AS MARVIN GOES, we would have been in the lottery the last 5 years... We go as JJ, Horford, Smoove go.

• Premium Member

Actualy...I agree MVP. I've felt that way for a long time too. If Marvin would drive like he used to. Hit the mid range like he used to. Hit the 3 ball like he used to. Use that big body to get boards... Basically BE the player we drafted him to be and we'd be pretty scary. I can't count how many times we needed someone to hit the shot or draw attention from Craw/JJ. I believe Marv is the key - either upgrading him or him stepping up himself.

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson is bigger than most SF in the NBA, plus he has played SF plenty the last couple of years (especially last year) and I'm pretty sure our most productive lineups included Jamal at SG Joe Johnson at SF and Marvin Williams in the bench. Obviously if Marvin Williams has a big year it would help everyone on our team, but I wouldn't count on it. The guy was invisible for the most part last year, and I don't see why that would suddenly change.