• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is anyone else seriously considering cancelling nba league pass this year

NJHAWK

I went with broadband last year and thought it was ok. The black outs kind of got to me as I work a later shift so when I did get a chance to catch a game live on the weekends it seemed to not be available alot of the time. NBAtv I think was the main culprit. The idea that the game was on NBAtv.. but not on NBA league pass.. well that kind of pissed me off. On a plus note you could go back and rewatch alot of the games as they were archived.

http://www.atdhe.net

Anybody who isn't using this site during basketball season is crazy. Yeah, you may have some issues with stopping streams and flat out seeing a game being disconnected during the 4th quarter of some games. But just about every game I couldn't get on SportSouth ( seeing that the Nashville Predators take precedent over the Hawks 90% of the time on FSN South ), I saw for FREE on adthe.net

Unless you just HAVE to see all of your games on HD, watching games on the net for free is definitely the way to go.

You better believe that I'm using this site at work to watch the Reds - Phillies game today. A lot of soccer games are shown on this site as well.

Edited by northcyde

• Premium Member

http://www.atdhe.net

Anybody who isn't using this site during basketball season is crazy. Yeah, you may have some issues with stopping streams and flat out seeing a game being disconnected during the 4th quarter of some games. But just about every game I couldn't get on SportSouth ( seeing that the Nashville Predators take precedent over the Hawks 90% of the time on FSN South ), I saw for FREE on adthe.net

Unless you just HAVE to see all of your games on HD, watching games on the net for free is definitely the way to go.

You better believe that I'm using this site at work to watch the Reds - Phillies game today. A lot of soccer games are shown on this site as well.

I use that to watch tennis quite a bit, but their basketball coverage is both spotty (there were at least a couple dozen Hawks games I couldn't get from there) and low-quality. "Not HD" I can live with. Not being able to make out the names on the backs of players' uniforms for significant chunks of the game, I can't. At that point, better to just listen to the game's radio feed, which has less of a time lag.

• 1 month later...

Just to give an update on broadband, surprisingly it sucks. One game the Hawks were playing for a full hour before they ever gave me the option to "watch" the game. Another time, halfway through they switched to NASCAR (wtf?). And now just recently, I had an issue with my credit card and so I had to switch out the card that I actually pay NBALPBroadband with. I changed all of the pertinent information online (card number essentially) and continued watching. Well I guess every 5th of the month they bill you if you decide to do the installment plan (why pay all upfront when you can pay the same exact amount over 5 months?) and they didn't charge my card. They have the information, I am more than willing to pay but they don't do it. What an infuriating service.

Outside of those issues, its great to be able to know you can always (errr...most of the time) watch the Hawks. However, the connection isn't that great. Its not an internet issue on my side, its that they limit the bitrate that you can view at. Also, when you view "fullscreen" it isn't full screen. They only show it in SD view (even though they claim they show HD) and have an annoying scoreboard that takes up 20% of the top part of your screen. Its not ideal, however the quality is still superior to atdhe.net and channelsurfing.

If I had to do it again, I would just go out and get the package through DirectTV or whatever cable company I have.

I am pretty happy with it and I think this is year #3 for me, although I do have some complaints.

1. It's incredibly annoying and poor programming that when you go to "full-screen" view it has to completely re-start like you weren't even watching the game and sometimes that can take a couple of minutes to re-start the game. What's dumb about this is that Flash has a built in full-screen function that uses hardware acceleration and it's an immediate switch into and out of full-screen, which is what both MLB and NFL use for their online packages.

2. At home I usually don't have any lag time or pausing but I have 24MB connection at home, however, if I am at my gf's house or at work where I'm around 5MB there is a regular freezing where I can hear the audio but the video will get stuck and that's very annoying, especially when it happens at the end of close games.

3. Last night was the first time I experienced this but I was unable to get the Hawks game to connect, but I was able to connect to several other games and that really ticks me off since we played well and beat the Magic, which I haven't been witness to for a very long time!!

Oh well since my apt doesn't face south I don't have any other options to get it and I'd rather deal with these frustrations rather than not have it at all that's for sure.

Just to give an update on broadband, surprisingly it sucks. One game the Hawks were playing for a full hour before they ever gave me the option to "watch" the game. Another time, halfway through they switched to NASCAR (wtf?). And now just recently, I had an issue with my credit card and so I had to switch out the card that I actually pay NBALPBroadband with. I changed all of the pertinent information online (card number essentially) and continued watching. Well I guess every 5th of the month they bill you if you decide to do the installment plan (why pay all upfront when you can pay the same exact amount over 5 months?) and they didn't charge my card. They have the information, I am more than willing to pay but they don't do it. What an infuriating service.

Outside of those issues, its great to be able to know you can always (errr...most of the time) watch the Hawks. However, the connection isn't that great. Its not an internet issue on my side, its that they limit the bitrate that you can view at. Also, when you view "fullscreen" it isn't full screen. They only show it in SD view (even though they claim they show HD) and have an annoying scoreboard that takes up 20% of the top part of your screen. Its not ideal, however the quality is still superior to atdhe.net and channelsurfing.

If I had to do it again, I would just go out and get the package through DirectTV or whatever cable company I have.

Yeh I remember that game, I emailed them and they replied with a generic response.

Well it took about 3 emails or whatever you call them with NBA.com to get it fixed. Absolutely awful service, you would expect much better service than what is provided.

I am pretty happy with it and I think this is year #3 for me, although I do have some complaints.

1. It's incredibly annoying and poor programming that when you go to "full-screen" view it has to completely re-start like you weren't even watching the game and sometimes that can take a couple of minutes to re-start the game. What's dumb about this is that Flash has a built in full-screen function that uses hardware acceleration and it's an immediate switch into and out of full-screen, which is what both MLB and NFL use for their online packages.

2. At home I usually don't have any lag time or pausing but I have 24MB connection at home, however, if I am at my gf's house or at work where I'm around 5MB there is a regular freezing where I can hear the audio but the video will get stuck and that's very annoying, especially when it happens at the end of close games.

I have sent them messages about "full-screen" and they have nothing but a generic response. Its awful, you end up missing so much extra viewable space. But with your 2nd point, have you ever noticed the games being in HD? Maybe I am blind or not at 24MB connection, but to me it looks all SD.

Well it took about 3 emails or whatever you call them with NBA.com to get it fixed. Absolutely awful service, you would expect much better service than what is provided.

I have sent them messages about "full-screen" and they have nothing but a generic response. Its awful, you end up missing so much extra viewable space. But with your 2nd point, have you ever noticed the games being in HD? Maybe I am blind or not at 24MB connection, but to me it looks all SD.

I've never emailed them but I'm not surprised that support hasn't been anything to write home about. I certainly wouldn't say that it is HD but it's a hell of a lot better than the free sites like you mentioned previously.

If you want to see what an internet viewed game is supposed to look like check out what MLB offers with it's Next-Def plug-in as looks crystal clear!! The NFL Sunday Ticket online is pretty good too and certainly better quality than what we get with NBA Broadband but even if it weren't I rarely ever have to wait to connect and full-screen toggling is immediate so I can still use my laptop to browse the net during timeouts and commercials without worrying whether I'll be able to re-connect again.

I really got into the soccer. The EPL, Bundesliga and Champions League games on Fox and Goal tv aresweet and its only 7 bucks a month with my Direct tv package. This is the 1st year since 1996 I didnt get nba league pass and Im not missing it at all. If Im home and the Hawks arent on nba tv, espn or tnt I can just watch on that atdhe.net which like northcyde posted also shows soccer games from all over the world.

• Like 1

I really got into the soccer. The EPL, Bundesliga and Champions League games on Fox and Goal tv aresweet and its only 7 bucks a month with my Direct tv package. This is the 1st year since 1996 I didnt get nba league pass and Im not missing it at all. If Im home and the Hawks arent on nba tv, espn or tnt I can just watch on that atdhe.net which like northcyde posted also shows soccer games from all over the world.

A negative 1 rep for this post? :question:

• 1 month later...

So I finally move to an area where I am forced to go away from AT&T U-Verse and switch to Comcast since they've got the fastest internet available and good pricing and I get excited to see that they have NBA League Pass and I order it and sit down to watch my first Hawks game and what do I find out?? ... that all of their games are in standard definition in the league pass subscription!! What a bunch of crap that was but thankfully they let me cancel it without having to pay for it. Guess I'll be sticking with league pass broadband since it looks better on my laptop/TV than the standard definition on Comcast does.

Maybe next year I'll get to watch the Hawks in HD on a regular basis ... help%20wanted3.gif

• Like 1

• Admin

So I finally move to an area where I am forced to go away from AT&T U-Verse and switch to Comcast since they've got the fastest internet available and good pricing and I get excited to see that they have NBA League Pass and I order it and sit down to watch my first Hawks game and what do I find out?? ... that all of their games are in standard definition in the league pass subscription!! What a bunch of crap that was but thankfully they let me cancel it without having to pay for it. Guess I'll be sticking with league pass broadband since it looks better on my laptop/TV than the standard definition on Comcast does.

Maybe next year I'll get to watch the Hawks in HD on a regular basis ... help%20wanted3.gif

Yeah, that was dissappointing for me too. I really want it in HD too. I love when the Hawks are on NBATV, ESPN or TNT because that is the only time I get to see the game in Hi Def